Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Re: The Best NFL fans

The NFL raked in roughly 8 billion dollars last year. Only 18 million of that came from ticket sales.

The major supporters of NFL teams are the fanbase watching from the tv - not those watching from the stands. The people in the stands don't account for much more than crowd noise when one looks at the money picture.

If you are going to use the logic that a person is only a fan while sitting in the bleachers, then a season ticket holding fan, living in St. louis is only a fan for 8 of the 16 games. Unless of course that fan hits the road with the team.

So I have to wonder:

Would it be safe to call fans in the 8 game situation "Half-Ass Fans"

TheTalkOfTheArch is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    The NFL raked in roughly 8 billion dollars last year. Only 18 million of that came from ticket sales.

The major supporters of NFL teams are the fanbase watching from the tv - not those watching from the stands. The people in the stands don't account for much more than crowd noise when one looks at the money picture.

If you are going to use the logic that a person is only a fan while sitting in the bleachers, then a season ticket holding fan, living in St. louis is only a fan for 8 of the 16 games. Unless of course that fan hits the road with the team.

So I have to wonder:

Would it be safe to call fans in the 8 game situation "Half-Ass Fans"

nice try, but I never put this in the context of $$$. We're talking about crowd participation and supporting the team and letting them hear you. When I said come be a rams fan when and where it matters most...I wasn't talking about $$$. No one was. Again nice try pal but that's not what we're arguing here. Thanks for tuning in and buying jerseys though, I'm sure Kroenke appreciates it, hell I appreciate it. You guys are true blue fans through and through.

@otherguy ok you're not from hawaii whatever, and yeah you both were disrespecting the home crowd that's what the thread was about. All I have to say is don't do it, not on my watch. St. Louis has been a solid NFL town and will continue to be well into the future as home of the Rams.

TheTalkOfTheArch - Out

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Hey HUb, tell me all Missourians aren't like this...

@TTOTA, no one really appreciates your sarcasm about rams fans, and if you view this forum as an "alright site", then I guess you're not a real rams fan eh?

Since this board has some of the most dedicated and hardcore RAMS fans, (not just St. Louis Rams fans), and you don't like this site, you could always leave.

Many people on this board aren't just St. Louis Rams fans. They are RAMS fans. So how about you stop disrespecting people and stop your little condescending act.

P.S. Again, no one disrespected St. Louis, and no one disrespected their fans. Stop acting like a little kid who just got cut in line at the ice cream store.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

I would like to submit my "Official Fan Card" request for review and approval:

South High Spartans-Torrance, CA
    Edison Chargers-Huntington Beach,CA
    Iowa Hawkeyes-Iowa City, Iowa
    USC Trojans-Los Angeles, CA
    St. Louis Rams, St. Louis Misssouri

Very respectfully,

Joe Carton, Huntington Beach, CA

"The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

RAMS134 is offline Registered User

If I lived closer to St. Louis I would go to every game no matter what their record is. Cause Im a diehard fan but live 12 hrs away thats why I dont go to the games. RAMS ROCK!!!!!!

3STL9 Guest

I see a lot of good rams fans here. But I agree..do you guys really think we have one of the best fans in the league??? If so that is complete bias. Even towards the end of GSOT years we had so many lame fans in the stands. Not much Excitement or giving it their all. Just sitting down, and clapping at most.

I am sorry, I dont put our fan base overall in the Top 10 in the league. I am just a big of fan of the rams as the biggest pittsburg fan. But as fans overall we arent even in the top 10. Sorry I am unbiased

SJacks039 Guest

We are a bandwagony football town at the moment. A lot of people already had teams when the rams got here, so the fan base around here is pretty young. It takes time and winning tradition, but we know st.louis is a great sports town when we get behind our teams. We were voted best hockey fans two times in the 90's. We got "the best fans in baseball" schtick. As much as I hate using those examples, it shows we back our teams.
    I have a 24 year-old brother who is an eagles fan(he got it from my oldest brother), he has buddies who are packers fans. I mean the people you meet around here are rarely rams fans like us(at the clan), but a lot of people do like the rams.
    The product on the field the last couple years will not help the bandwagoneers, or the young people in college who don't have $$ to go to every game at home(i do try to make 1 or 2 every year though). That is the reality of the situation. It takes hope to fill up the stadium( which is something linehan or bulger didn't give us). and now we have hope.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheTalkOfTheArch View Post
    nice try, but I never put this in the context of $$$. We're talking about crowd participation and supporting the team and letting them hear you. When I said come be a rams fan when and where it matters most...I wasn't talking about $$$. No one was. Again nice try pal but that's not what we're arguing here. Thanks for tuning in and buying jerseys though, I'm sure Kroenke appreciates it, hell I appreciate it. You guys are true blue fans through and through.
    Ha! Ha!

Yet it was you that opened the line of reasoning as to what qualifies a person to be considered a real fan. So, even though you don't like it or wish to address it, my point is valid.

I think it was Blacktrout that once coined the phrase "too stupid for words" in regards to a whiner fan.

And now, this argument has become -

"Too Stupid For Words"

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheTalkOfTheArch View Post
    @otherguy ok you're not from hawaii whatever, and yeah you both were disrespecting the home crowd that's what the thread was about. All I have to say is don't do it, not on my watch. St. Louis has been a solid NFL town and will continue to be well into the future as home of the Rams.

TheTalkOfTheArch - Out
    You're purty smart aintcha?

i said Hawaiian guy; not the guy who's from Hawaii.

cuz like, when i go to games, i can totally tell which state everybody is from just by looking at them. ha!

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by KoaKoi View Post
    You're purty smart aintcha?

i said Hawaiian guy; not the guy who's from Hawaii.

cuz like, when i go to games, i can totally tell which state everybody is from just by looking at them. ha!

Maybe the Hawaiians wear Lei's around their necks which contrasts the Rams jerseys they are wearing.

Parsonly, Ah cudnt unnerstand a wurd he sed ... must be from some farn country. He must come from dem Eiffel Tire ya hear. Someone brin dis ol ignert fella to the great countray o' Uhmurika so he ken seed New York Seetah in an ol Shovelay pickup track.

Y'all come back now, ya hear
    Last edited by RockinRam; -09-11-2010 at 10:13 PM.

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post

The urban status symbol complaint is related to that. All of the protestations that the Rams should stay in town boil down to intangible "yeah folks like the Rams here" and "look at the Super Bowl season." The franchise is facing an existential crisis, and all St. Louisans can be moved to do is say those two things, not something tangible like season ticket drives or active efforts to get people into the stadium. Blackouts and near blackouts have been far more common for the franchise than instant sellouts, and that combined with Redbird Nation's lack of buyin is not a good sign this far in. Indeed all the intangibles and the Super Bowl seasons mean that this market is merely the NFL's second-greatest disaster since 1995, with Jacksonville being the first.
    I was born in Illinois, but grew up in Missouri. The Show Me State. Talk is cheap. they're going to *gasp*...wait for it.....just a sec....SHOW us that they have indeed improved on the field.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestShow99 View Post
    I was born in Illinois, but grew up in Missouri. The Show Me State. Talk is cheap. they're going to *gasp*...wait for it.....just a sec....SHOW us that they have indeed improved on the field.
    Then why does Mizzou still have fans?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345