Rambos is offline Registered User

Better late then never…

“Some of the stuff that we are doing front wise we are going to get away from,” Martz said. “We don’t like it. Some of the stuff that hurt us last year doesn’t fit our personality or our personnel. So we are going to change some of those things. A lot of this is about coaching.”

Ok couple things, ““Some of the stuff that we are doing front wise we are going to get away from,” Martz said. “We don’t like it” Mike it’s not like you where forced to run these schemes again, you had all off-season to look at the film and see that these sets do not work.

“So we are going to change some of those things. A lot of this is about coaching.”

All of this is coaching; take a look at last year playoff game enough said. I can’t believe we wasted time practicing these sets this year, when did Martz realize that the new LB we brought in, where not the right guys to run this crap. . “We don’t like it”, translated means this crap does not work!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Better late then never…

Don't you think Rambos that Martz and his staff did look at film and thought if they should try something different and hope it works? They did try, it just didn't work so they are going to try something else.

Not bashing Rambos here, but this is what I don't get about the Martz bashing. Most of you say he dosen't change on the fly quick enough. Well, when he does try something different he's then chastised for not trying the "right" something different.

Danged if he does, Danged if he dosen't.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Here is the thing I like Martz as our head coach, he has a great winning percentage I don’t want anyone else. He does it his way, not the traditional way he gets it done. That being said, some of the stuff as a head coach (manager) I still question.

TX is it not strange that two weeks prior to the opener we are going to change this scheme. It was not working last year period they did not have to look at too much film to see that it left big cut back opportunities. As critical as time is in camp, we should have analyzed this in the off-season and scraped it then, not two week prior to the opener. Don’t get me wrong I’m glad he is making the change, just curious as to the wasted time and effort to make it work.

The quote or line he uses “We don’t like it”… this one just does not make sense too me. I would prefer “I don’t like it”. Meaning I told my offensive coordinator, I’ve seen enough scrap it now. It’s not a personnel thing we got the guys we want in here now, it’s a scheme thing and I am making a change. I would like the head coach to be the leader and not make excuses for his staff.

The good thing this year Martz has shown he is willing to get the players to have descent special teams, focus on turn over ratio. He knows we are only going as far as our defense can take us. Martz know he can put points on the board but he must make sure special teams are better and the defense is not soft.

I can see this not by his words, but the players we went out and got;

Dexter Coakley
    Chris Claiborne
    Michael Stone
    O.J. Atogwe
    Jerome Carter
    Ron Bartell
    Corey Ivy

In the past Martz would have 8 WR in camp, not young playmaker (football players).

It’s all good TX, I want to see this “D” play at a high level.

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

2 preseason games left. Its time to stop experimenting with new schemes and start mastering the ones we will use in the regular season.
    Sprtsmac :football: