Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Beware - Sick of This Crap - Rant

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Beware - Sick of This Crap - Rant

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Cute - yet hardly profound!

And I know you've also been waiting for this all year to show everyone how much you enjoy losing. Just because you have become numb to it does not make you a better fan. WAKE UP!!! It's ok to admit we got our asses handed to us and generally sucked today.
    Ferter I have no problem saying we got crushed today. The key is TODAY... no need to throw the whole organization under the bus for a game we lost TODAY. I think it goes without saying we sucked TODAY. Your the one that keeps saying YOU can't handle it anymore and your sick of it! How does that make me a loser? I can handle adversity, it's football...

I honestly thought that we as Rams fans had seen the last of these kinds of games.
    Really you thought we would never get blown out again ever really? Why would you think that? That is so unrealistic, every team can get blown out on any Sunday. We only have 16 or so rookies and a patch work O line how could we get blown out?

Come on you know better then that.

I understand you are pissed and you are not the only one that is... I'm sure of that.
    Last edited by Rambos; -10-28-2012 at 08:58 PM.
    lostsoul and bradwill like this.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

How many more, Mike?
    Well, what did I say?? A FEW MORE HORRIBLE PERFORMANCES. We've been competitive in every game until today. This is the first game we were blown out. If it happenes a few more times, you have a legitimate point. Until then, you don't.

For the last several years, our defense has been at or near the bottom of the pile. This year, we're very much improved and until today, in the top 10. If you expected miracles from Fisher this season, you were expecting too much. And questioning the Rams for locking up Long and JLau? Would you prefer we stay on the merry-go-round of continued shifting personnel?

mh-i is offline Registered User

This wasn't an overnight fix. No need to get drunk like some did over a few wins. Start thinking playoffs in 2014 depending on the drafts. Before then don't get your hopes too high because this is likely to happen when we play bonifide contenders. We're better so we win some games. It is what it is.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I understand you are pissed and you are not the only one that is... I'm sure of that.
    Oh, I don't think you understand at all, otherwise you would get the point of a Rant? A Rant is a Rant! It's not anything to be taken too seriously. Am I composed after such a loss? Hell no! Should I come here where other Rams fans hang out so I can Rant without too much criticism? Apparently that's another HELL NO!!. MY BAD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Well, what did I say?? A FEW MORE HORRIBLE PERFORMANCES. We've been competitive in every game until today. This is the first game we were blown out. If it happenes a few more times, you have a legitimate point. Until then, you don't.

For the last several years, our defense has been at or near the bottom of the pile. This year, we're very much improved and until today, in the top 10. If you expected miracles from Fisher this season, you were expecting too much. And questioning the Rams for locking up Long and JLau? Would you prefer we stay on the merry-go-round of continued shifting personnel?
    Oh yeah we were real competitive against the pack. That was another blowout IMO. And I'm not trying to make any kind of point!! Please see previous response to Rambos. It's a fricking Rant!! I don't have a fricking point (other than we currently suck with no end in sight!!)

I did not expect miracles from fisher, so don't start being fricking ridiculous. What I did expect was his reputation for having tough competitive defenses to hold water. We are not a tough defense. After two weeks we are no longer competitive on that side of the ball. And yes I question locking any players up long term. It's always a risk. Albeit it is supposed to be a calculated risk. I don't like a merry-go-round anymore than the next guy (unless it works) What I do like is playmakers. week-in and week-out. Playmakers that make a difference in the outcome. Not guys that line up for consecutive weeks and get their butts handed to them play after play. If you can't matchup against the top competition in the league every week and make plays, then have you really earned a long term deal?

Match-up! Do your fricking job! Make fricking plays! Earn your fricking money!

Oh, I don't think you understand at all, otherwise you would get the point of a Rant? A Rant is a Rant! It's not anything to be taken too seriously.
    I'm a quick learner so I will not take this post too seriously, and let you get it all out.

Go Rams!!

Oh yeah we were real competitive against the pack. That was another blowout IMO. And I'm not trying to make any kind of point!! Please see previous response to Rambos. It's a fricking Rant!! I don't have a fricking point (other than we currently suck with no end in sight!!)
    The score at halftime against Green Bay was 10-6. The final was 30-20. I don't see a blowout. And if your not making any points in your rant, why do you keep arguing with everybody? You posted your rant, so don't be shocked when others comment on it.

I did not expect miracles from fisher, so don't start being fricking ridiculous. What I did expect was his reputation for having tough competitive defenses to hold water. We are not a tough defense. After two weeks we are no longer competitive on that side of the ball.
    Talk about ridiculous, one really bad defensive game and you've proven that our defense is no longer competitive? Brilliant!

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    This wasn't an overnight fix. No need to get drunk like some did over a few wins. Start thinking playoffs in 2014 depending on the drafts. Before then don't get your hopes too high because this is likely to happen when we play bonifide contenders. We're better so we win some games. It is what it is.
    Exactly//......

I love the passion. But, we were so messed up. I read recently that 20 plus some players from last years Ram starting roster ARE NOT EVEN IN NFL!!! I predicted a 4-12 season and I think it may be as many as 5-6.....baby steps but still this game today was just too much like what we saw week in and week out last year. We need another good draft and some ky FA signings.....

And if your not making any points in your rant, why do you keep arguing with everybody?

Talk about ridiculous, one really bad defensive game and you've proven that our defense is no longer competitive? Brilliant!
    Arguing? With Everybody? You and Rambos are everybody? And what exactly is the argument?

I did not prove the defense was no longer competitive. Although they are doing a good job of proving it on their own. I simply stated that they are no longer competitive considering the last two games. Are you saying they have been competitive for the last two games? If you don't take a stance or answer any of the questions I ask then I don't see how this is an argument. LOL

lostsoul is offline Registered User

Im not mad.... Just disappointed... Pretty much sums it up for me.

Arguing? With Everybody? You and Rambos are everybody? And what exactly is the argument?

I did not prove the defense was no longer competitive. Although they are doing a good job of proving it on their own. I simply stated that they are no longer competitive considering the last two games. Are you saying they have been competitive for the last two games? If you don't take a stance or answer any of the questions I ask then I don't see how this is an argument. LOL
    You make pronouncements, Rambos and I disagree, then you disagree with what we're saying by using terms like "fricking ridiculous". That's an argument.

As far as the defense, you emphatically stated "we are no longer competitive on that side of the ball", which is an interesting statement considering going into the game today, the Rams defense was 9th in total defense, and 9th in scoring defense. Obviously after today's game that will change, but it does not negate everything the defense accomplished through the first 7 games. You also said they "suck", "in the grandest terms of the word". You didn't say they "sucked today" in your original "rant", you said they flat out "suck". Now maybe you're right and the defense has been exposed as one that "sucks", but I don't see that being the case. My point was, let's see a few more games like today before we write the defense off as horrible, and dismiss the abilities and extended value of Long and JLau.

Did you really expect people to agree with everything you're saying here, and not criticise your assumptions because this was a rant, and not to be taken seriously??

You make pronouncements, Rambos and I disagree, then you disagree with what we're saying by using terms like "fricking ridiculous". That's an argument.

As far as the defense, you emphatically stated "we are no longer competitive on that side of the ball", which is an interesting statement considering going into the game today, the Rams defense was 9th in total defense, and 9th in scoring defense. Obviously after today's game that will change, but it does not negate everything the defense accomplished through the first 7 games. You also said they "suck", "in the grandest terms of the word". You didn't say they "sucked today" in your original "rant", you said they flat out "suck". Now maybe you're right and the defense has been exposed as one that "sucks", but I don't see that being the case. My point was, let's see a few more games like today before we write the defense off as horrible, and dismiss the abilities and extended value of Long and JLau.

Did you really expect people to agree with everything you're saying here, and not criticise your assumptions because this was a rant, and not to be taken seriously??
    The reason I responded to Rambos is because he stated that I had been waiting for a game like this and I should enjoy my moment. And that is a flat out hogwash (a fricking lie).

You on the other hand always seem to have trouble differentiating between an emotional outburst and calm rational statements. I have not responded to one other poster in the thread. I did clarify this as a Rant and stated Beware. What I expected, for the most part, was for people to take it for what it was clarified as (an emotional outburst).

I understand your point, however, you often need to be beat continuously over the head with things until they sink in. I on the other hand have not liked our performance for three straight weeks and it finally boiled over in the form of this rant.

Now, what specifically would you like to argue about?

P.S. Please keep in mind that I will be at work until this evening.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Fisher wanted to trade jackson because he thought we not contenders even with a 3-3 record...It showed on Sunday

But listen guys its not how hard you get hit its how strong you get back up...We have a bye it seems like we are going to have our healthiest roster in like the past 6 years Amendola, Saffold, Wells make a difference and guess we face a division opponent away from our dome the *****

Week 10 @ SF willl really show us what type of team this really is lets get back up strong!!!

Agrajag is offline Registered User

I honestly don't expect to see much from them against the 9ers though ... to me it's all about how they look against the Jets and on (assuming they can remain healthy). We all knew this was going to be a tough 3 game stretch, so it is what it is. It's all about how they pick themselves up off the floor against these very good teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post
    I honestly don't expect to see much from them against the 9ers though ... to me it's all about how they look against the Jets and on (assuming they can remain healthy). We all knew this was going to be a tough 3 game stretch, so it is what it is. It's all about how they pick themselves up off the floor against these very good teams.
    I actually have high expeditions against the whiners. Alex Smith is not Aaron Roger or Tom Brady. I don't see them dicing us up with a passing game. We have been really good against the run until that game.

We will get Amendola back... Wells and Saffold back. I expect the O line after adding a pro bowl center and our starting LT back that it plays much better. Givens has now established a real deep threat so Amendola should have plenty of room underneath,

My expectations are this team finishes strong the second half starting with the Whiners!
    thoey and bradwill like this.

I did clarify this as a Rant and stated Beware. What I expected, for the most part, was for people to take it for what it was clarified as (an emotional outburst).
    "Rant" and "Beware" can connotate any number of things, and you know full well that emotion, tone and demeanor are virtually impossible to guage acturately in cyberspace. The fact is, you did not mention "emotional ouburst" until your 6th post in this thread.

Now, what specifically would you like to argue about?
    Well, how about this. After several exchanges, you put your original post in perspective, saying it was a rant that should not be taken too seriously. The problem is, you had already tried, and continued in subsequent posts, to defend the claims and assumptions that you stated were not really serious, and were in essence hyperbole. That's where you ran into trouble. If you had made that clear from the beginning, we wouldn't be where we are now. You made the decision to escalate the discussion of claims such as locking up Long and JLau being a mistake. I just played along.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast