Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Beware - Sick of This Crap - Rant

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Re: Beware - Sick of This Crap - Rant

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I actually have high expeditions against the whiners. Alex Smith is not Aaron Roger or Tom Brady. I don't see them dicing us up with a passing game. We have been really good against the run until that game.

We will get Amendola back... Wells and Saffold back. I expect the O line after adding a pro bowl center and our starting LT back that it plays much better. Givens has now established a real deep threat so Amendola should have plenty of room underneath,

My expectations are this team finishes strong the second half starting with the Whiners!
    BINGO BINGO and even more BINGO!!! Finally someone realisticly thinking instead of emotionally trolling

We all want this team to do a 180 degree turn like falcons and saints becoming a force in a year... but it doesnt always happen like that as bad as the patriots game was it is only 1 lose we have a bye week we can regroup and take it from there

We got the making of an inside (amendola) outside (gibson) receiving threat with another guy that can rip the top off the defense....

I hate to admit it but Jax is holding us back we need to utilize the speed we have on offense with pead, richardson, and givens (amendola and gibson are no slouches either)

Lets go into our Bye with optimism and knowledge that we play our division hard now

bradwill is offline Registered User

I actually have high expeditions against the whiners. Alex Smith is not Aaron Roger or Tom Brady. I don't see them dicing us up with a passing game. We have been really good against the run until that game.

We will get Amendola back... Wells and Saffold back. I expect the O line after adding a pro bowl center and our starting LT back that it plays much better. Givens has now established a real deep threat so Amendola should have plenty of room underneath,

My expectations are this team finishes strong the second half starting with the Whiners!
    Agreed! After the last two games of Rodgers and Brady, bring on Alex Smith after the bye week and hopefully a return of some injured starters.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    "Rant" and "Beware" can connotate any number of things, and you know full well that emotion, tone and demeanor are virtually impossible to guage acturately in cyberspace. The fact is, you did not mention "emotional ouburst" until your 6th post in this thread.

Well, how about this. After several exchanges, you put your original post in perspective, saying it was a rant that should not be taken too seriously. The problem is, you had already tried, and continued in subsequent posts, to defend the claims and assumptions that you stated were not really serious, and were in essence hyperbole. That's where you ran into trouble. If you had made that clear from the beginning, we wouldn't be where we are now. You made the decision to escalate the discussion of claims such as locking up Long and JLau being a mistake. I just played along.
    I don't know, Mike. I went back and read all of the subsequent posts. Seems you had a hard time accepting it as it was titled from the beginning. I guess you just take losing better than I do.

I do think Beware and Rant as a title to a thread I wrote within a half-hour of games end would be somewhat easy for you to guage. Especially now that you have met me in real space. I know you and possibly others don't like it when I kick back at the team after they punch fans in the gut with a no-show performance.

Anyways Mike, after a long day I'm just too tired for this. You win Mike. I sat and watched our Rams get their asses kicked up and down the field for 3 hours and shortly after it was over I came here. Secretly I was not really that bothered by it and I decided to disguise a thread as a Rant. Yep Mike, I gotta hand it to ya, you caught me. I wasn't even pissed and in fact I was quite calm and rationally serious about all of it.

There, are you happy now, Mike? Doesn't that sound more like me?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    I do think Beware and Rant as a title to a thread I wrote within a half-hour of games end would be somewhat easy for you to guage. Especially now that you have met me in real space. I know you and possibly others don't like it when I kick back at the team after they punch fans in the gut with a no-show performance.
    To tell you the truth Ed, my first thought when I read the thread title and saw ""beware", was to look out for a lot of negativity coming.

After the beat down yesterday, and total lack of team effort, I didn't blame you or anybody else for railing against the Rams. They deserved it. And for the record, I was pissed about the loss too. It was nothing short of embarrassing.

That said, I see better times ahead and am not ready to write this team off just yet. I'm watching the whiners/Cardinals game, and neither team has me feeling fearful. The same goes for the Jets and the Bills.

I guess in the future, I'll have to really take a long hard look at what you're trying to say, and how you're trying to say it before I post an obtuse response.
    Curly Horns likes this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Curly Horns and Tampa_Ram like this.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Put the popcorn away Nick, the movie is over!

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

Delete please

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I've stayed away for a few days to cool off after that beatdown. Hurricane Sandy had something to do with me being away as well.

Anyway...I predicted a 4 or 5 win season before the season started. Looks like that may be a fair prediction. The problem as I see it is the word "EXPECTATION". After winning 3 of our first 6 games expectations change. Sure they're for the better but they also set us up for disappointment. We are, I don't know maybe an average NFL team right now? Maybe a little less than that? We have just played arguably 2 of the best teams in the NFL and they put us in our place. The Whiners another of the arguably best teams is next. Hang on to your hats the ride is going to get bumpy again.

GO RAMS!!!
    HUbison and r8rh8rmike like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    BINGO BINGO and even more BINGO!!! Finally someone realisticly thinking instead of emotionally trolling
    BINGO.......Really? I remember when I was your age bingo was popular with the senior crowd in town. LOL

And realistic thinking? Hmmm...more like wishful thinking. Perhaps simplistic at best.

Getting Danny back will be a plus. He's a proven playmaker. However, we have no idea as to how he will perform coming off a serious injury. Plus, there will be somewhat of a timing and sync issue with Bradford.

With Wells' return we also have issues. We were not exactly world beaters along the line before he was injured. What little continuity we did have will be disrupted. Also there will be the C to QB exchange to work on. Saffold should be a plus if he can stay healthy while getting up to speed and perfoming at a high level.

All things considered these guys don't necessarily come back and plug right in without some things to work on and get right. No guarantee that the offense improves significantly. Hopefully it does, but realistically we don't know for certain.

The defense, which was not even addressed in the bingo post, is another realistic concern. This defense is arguably the worst part of the team right now. They have been exploited over the last two games. Study of game film will reveal many weak spots and areas in which to attack effectively. Fisher & Co need to step it up and give this unit some kind of help in the form of schemes and game time adjustments. Currently I don't think they are doing a good job in these areas. Furthermore, I believe the lack of an experienced DC is starting to have adverse consequences. They could really use someone that is in tune with today's schemes and play calling trends. Going without a DC could very well turn out to be one of Fisher's biggest mistakes this year.

These are just a small sampling of the "realistic" issues that face the team in the coming weeks and for the remainder of the season.

Now be sure to carry on with your BINGO Trolling.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter
    I believe the lack of an experienced DC is starting to have adverse consequences.
    Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't Dave McGinnis (who has 8 seasons as a DC and HC) calling the Defense?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    BINGO.......Really? I remember when I was your age bingo was popular with the senior crowd in town. LOL

And realistic thinking? Hmmm...more like wishful thinking. Perhaps simplistic at best.

Getting Danny back will be a plus. He's a proven playmaker. However, we have no idea as to how he will perform coming off a serious injury. Plus, there will be somewhat of a timing and sync issue with Bradford.

With Wells' return we also have issues. We were not exactly world beaters along the line before he was injured. What little continuity we did have will be disrupted. Also there will be the C to QB exchange to work on. Saffold should be a plus if he can stay healthy while getting up to speed and perfoming at a high level.

All things considered these guys don't necessarily come back and plug right in without some things to work on and get right. No guarantee that the offense improves significantly. Hopefully it does, but realistically we don't know for certain.

The defense, which was not even addressed in the bingo post, is another realistic concern. This defense is arguably the worst part of the team right now. They have been exploited over the last two games. Study of game film will reveal many weak spots and areas in which to attack effectively. Fisher & Co need to step it up and give this unit some kind of help in the form of schemes and game time adjustments. Currently I don't think they are doing a good job in these areas. Furthermore, I believe the lack of an experienced DC is starting to have adverse consequences. They could really use someone that is in tune with today's schemes and play calling trends. Going without a DC could very well turn out to be one of Fisher's biggest mistakes this year.

These are just a small sampling of the "realistic" issues that face the team in the coming weeks and for the remainder of the season.

Now be sure to carry on with your BINGO Trolling.

Is the glass half empty or half full? Ferter I guess it's the way people perceive things more or less (no pun intended).

Half full cause for optimism or pessimism (half empty)

Wells is a pro bowler and he is coming back. He has played all of about one half for us. I can only speak for myself but that is a Half full you see it as a half empty.

With Wells' return we also have issues.
    Amendola coming back, he was second in the NFL in yards when he went down. He is coming back, I see that as a half full you see it as a half empty.

As far as the O line and disrupting the little continuity we may have? I don't follow your logic at all. I get what you are saying in that we had some backups play together for a few games. But they are back ups. I would think the play of a pro bowl center and and or returning starting LT would trump the continuity that our back up patch work O line may or may not have. By the way we lost Hunter RT in the last game and Chris Williams came into the game he has been here about a week and a half. We just started Shelly and Joe Barksdale at LT and RG for the second consecutive game. Not sure what continuity you are referring too here. If getting Wells back can be a negative in any way I just don't understand and don't want too.

The defense, which was not even addressed in the bingo post.
    It was addressed in the fact,
    Alex Smith is not Aaron Roger or Tom Brady. I don't see them dicing us up with a passing game. We have been really good against the run until that game.
    It' that simple... up until the last two games we where the top ten defense. Alex Smith is not in the same league when it comes to passing as the last two QB's we faced.
    Last edited by Rambos; -10-31-2012 at 12:17 PM.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Alex Smith is not in the same league when it comes to passing as the last two QB's we faced.
    I don't think the Arizona Cardinals would agree with you on that ..

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    I don't think the Arizona Cardinals would agree with you on that ..
    They got ran on before their poor tackling let a couple of underneath routes go for TD. Smith is not a bad QB he's a game manager at best. He's not close to what we faced the last two weeks. IMO

The whiners will run first to pass unlike the Pats and the Pack they came out throwing it early and often.

Smith throws 3 INTs, ***** fall 26-3 to Giants...

Alex Smith completed 14-of-23 passes for 140 yards, one touchdown, and one interception in Week 7 against the Seahawks.
    It was another shaky game for Smith. He overthrew several receivers, and he couldn't do much of anything aside from checking down to Frank Gore and hitting Michael Crabtree for slight gains on screens and slants. Smith's interception came on a hideous throw where he tried to force it to Randy Moss in the end zone in the second half. He's thrown four interceptions and no touchdowns in the last two weeks. San Fran travels to Arizona in 11 days for Monday Night Football. Oct 18 - 11:48 PM

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't Dave McGinnis (who has 8 seasons as a DC and HC) calling the Defense?
    Is he? I don't recall it ever being announced. The last I read was that Fisher was going to fill the position by committee and McGinnis would maintain his role as assistant HC. Perhaps I missed it being officially announced that McGinnis was taking the DC role on in it's entirety. If he is I stand corrected. However, he has not filled the singular role of DC since the 2000 season. Also, his HC experience was from 2000-03 and that ended with a sparkling .298 winning percentage.

His recent experience in calling the defense against today's top OCs and their offenses is basically non-existent. Opponents are starting to carve him up (as the lead of the committee). The need for scheme changes and in game adjustments remains and the end result is still the same. I think the likes of Williams is sorely missed and McGinnis (if he is the DC) is not close to the experienced replacement that was needed.

Is the glass half empty or half full? Ferter I guess it's the way people perceive things more or less (no pun intended).

Half full cause for optimism or pessimism (half empty)

Wells is a pro bowler and he is coming back. He has played all of about one half for us. I can only speak for myself but that is a Half full you see it as a half empty.

Amendola coming back, he was second in the NFL in yards when he went down. He is coming back, I see that as a half full you see it as a half empty.

As far as the O line and disrupting the little continuity we may have? I don't follow your logic at all. I get what you are saying in that we had some backups play together for a few games. But they are back ups. I would think the play of a pro bowl center and and or returning starting LT would trump the continuity that our back up patch work O line may or may not have. By the way we lost Hunter RT in the last game and Chris Williams came into the game he has been here about a week and a half. We just started Shelly and Joe Barksdale at LT and RG for the second consecutive game. Not sure what continuity you are referring too here. If getting Wells back can be a negative in any way I just don't understand and don't want too.

It was addressed in the fact,

It' that simple... up until the last two games we where the top ten defense. Alex Smith is not in the same league when it comes to passing as the last two QB's we faced.
    It sounds like we both approach upcoming games in the same manner. I'm not going to argue what I think of as semantics (Half-Full, Half-Empty).

The point was that neither of us really knows what exactly is going to happen. And I don't think it is your contention that you can predict the future.

We hope for the best but there simply are no guarantees.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast