Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Biased Officiating!

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Watch the game it wasnt triple coverage Oneal was covering Avery and peeld back to make the pick. Shouldnt your handle be JCRams fan Mr. Pearson.
    ok double coverage, he must be pretty damn good to be able to as you say peel back that quick to make the int.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    The hit out of bounds happened at the new England 40, so we would have gotten the ball at our own 45, but you're absolutely right, getting the additional 15 yards would have been huge. The maddening thing about that non-call was that it was so obviously blatent a blind man could have seen it, but not an NFL official doing a Cheatriots game.

I hate screaming about penalties, but what happened in this game was absolutely rediculous with non-calls, picked up flags and the 9-0 disparity Av noted. Simply unbelievable.
    my girlfriend even said what the hell is going on and she doesn't understand that part of the game much,your right you hate to b**** about penaties but that game was horrendous.

bradwill is offline Registered User

Ironically, the refs called NE for a phantom hold on the Long sack, almost like they sensed they needed to call "something" on the Pats. Long beat his man right off the snap and maybe he *should* have been held or tackled instead of coming through unabated, but the Pat tackle didn't do anything at all.

Brad

fearsome foursome is online now Registered User

Did you see Belicheat complaining to the officials right at the end of the game. I could only read his lips a little bit "what do you think I pay you guys for?"

Milan is offline Registered User

The facemask against a Pats player when he went to sack Bulger first being called then not called, then the roughing the passer non call on Seymour, and the 'holding' penalty on #50 of the Rams (Pisa) on a huge play by Moss when he didn't even come into contact with another player are 3 bad calls I remember.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

I just finished watching the game. I was camping and had to tivo it. Anyway I felt we gave it a good try, although I thought Bulger was a little weak today. Other than that we did ok. But the officiating was pretty bad. I would have to say I have been disappointed in them since Super Bowl and wonder where their integrity has gone. Granted, I am not sure good officiating would have changed the outcome, but I think it sure changed the attitude of the Rams.

I don't respect the non-call on the late hit nor did I like the pick up of the flag on the face mask. Even if it wasn't a face mask I was under the impression that you can't hit a quarter back in the head. Either way it was bull and and my confidence in the NFL is quickly following how I feel about the officiating in the NBA.

Bottom line though we had plenty of chances to score and I don't think we took advantage of it. That being said we're still in a lot better place we were a few weeks ago, so there is still hope!
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I also don't want to blame the loss on the refs, but at one time during the game I turned to a Patriots fan and asked; "I don't think the Patriots have had a single penalty called on them, is that right?" I couldn't believe it. Then I saw the numbers on the screen confirming what I asked. I still in a state of disbelief.

How does ANY team in the NFL play an entire game without a penalty? It's not possible, is it?
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    II don't respect the non-call on the late hit nor did I like the pick up of the flag on the face mask. Even if it wasn't a face mask I was under the impression that you can't hit a quarter back in the head.
    Apparently, Cheatriots players are allowed to smack Rams QB's in the head with no penalty. It happened to Warner in the Super Bowl and of course to Bulger today. Obviously the official who threw the flag had to be reminded of the rule exemption, facilitating the need to pick it up and disregard any penalty.

bigredman is offline Registered User

I heard Karl Rove had botcallers ringing the Ram players' rooms all night before the game, and I'm not sure, but I could of sworn I saw hoodie on the grassy knoll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    ok double coverage, he must be pretty damn good to be able to as you say peel back that quick to make the int.
    Yeah kind of the like the Superbowl the Rams won where Jones peeled off his man to make the tackle. Like I said it wasnt triple coverage Oneal was trailing Avery and seen the throw and stopped and picked it. He peeled off of his guy and made the pick so I guess he is be pretty damn talented because I watched him do it.
    Just Fix It

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    ... and I'm not sure, but I could of sworn I saw hoodie on the grassy knoll.
    , good one Red!

I am finally watching my tape of the redskins game for therapy...

anyway, one other thing I Wanted to comment on,but forgot was the amount of "late hits" the Hatriots always give and get away with. It seems to me they go out of their way to get shots in even when a receiver hits the ground after a catch. Most other teams will simply tag a guy for the down, but not the Hatriots. They always will launch into or thump a guy. Now I know it's football, but to me it lacks class and sportsmanship. They did it a couple and times and were even delaying the game, but I guess that don't matter when your the NFL is in your pocket.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Yeah kind of the like the Superbowl the Rams won where Jones peeled off his man to make the tackle. Like I said it wasnt triple coverage Oneal was trailing Avery and seen the throw and stopped and picked it. He peeled off of his guy and made the pick so I guess he is be pretty damn talented because I watched him do it.
    ok,thats fine,single ,double,triple coverage,call it whatever you need to but not sure throwing into a group of Blue Jerseys was the best decision.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    ok,thats fine,single ,double,triple coverage,call it whatever you need to but not sure throwing into a group of Blue Jerseys was the best decision.
    It's pretty hard for me to argue with what jk is pointing out here. Bulger was doing an impressive job on the that drive, but the pass that led to the interception did not seem to be a good decision and was a risky throw.

eric2810 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68 View Post
    I like how FOX rubbed the SB loss in our face as they zoomed in on that SB banner. PUNKS!
    Damn I didn't get to see the game,(only on NFL.com Game Center), but did Fox really show that? That's just uncalled for.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

I thought the series of events at the end of the 1st half were quite amazing.

Jones rips off a good punt with 42 seconds remaining. A penalty for ineligible man downfield is then called against the Rams. The pats take the penalty and the Rams punt again. This gains the pats 9 yards in field position but wastes 10 seconds on the clock. Regardless, the pats then work the ball to the 9 yrd line and take one final shot at the endzone with 6 seconds left. The pass is broken up with 1 second remaining.

1 SECOND!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! WHAT ARE THE FREAKING ODDS?!?!

They go 37 yards in 19 seconds and then get the field goal with the 1 second remaining - OMG - only the pats - it would seem.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    It's pretty hard for me to argue with what jk is pointing out here. Bulger was doing an impressive job on the that drive, but the pass that led to the interception did not seem to be a good decision and was a risky throw.
    Hey mike, I guess his impressiveness ran out earlier on that drive during the play before the 2 minute warning. He throws a pass and it gets tipped, nearly picked and then Hall comes away with it for 13 yds and a 1st down. Anyways, I guess that was an impressive job by bulger? To sum up that final drive: bulger was 3-9 for 42 yds and the INT. (of course the tipped ball to hall was one of the 3). Impressive.........hmmmm?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast