Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Is this a big deal for us come Sunday?

clarasDK is offline Registered User

Re: Is this a big deal for us come Sunday?

Bad O-line and new D coach for the Beagles. I think we have a real good chance at winning that game on sunday!

Damn I can't wait to see us open up the real offensive playbook and to see how good our defense will be.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Not sure I totally agree that sacks are more important than consistent disciplined pressure. As long as you don't give him the edge, a scrambling Vick has some ball security issues & he's only six feet tall so guys in his face could help cause turnovers either by fumble or INT which is even better than sacks,no?
    With any QB not named Vick I'd say yes in a heart beat, but with him you just never know. A scrambling Vick is a scary Vick, especially since we've always had trouble containing QBs that run. Just look at what scrubs Charlie Whitehurst and Troy Smith did to us in recent memory. And Vick has more talent than either in his pinky. Vick only threw 6 INTs and had 3 fumbles lost last year. That is far from having ball security issues. If Vick on the run doesn't worry you at all, then you have been sippin to much Rams koolaid.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    With any QB not named Vick I'd say yes in a heart beat, but with him you just never know. A scrambling Vick is a scary Vick, especially since we've always had trouble containing QBs that run. Just look at what scrubs Charlie Whitehurst and Troy Smith did to us in recent memory. And Vick has more talent than either in his pinky. Vick only threw 6 INTs and had 3 fumbles lost last year. That is far from having ball security issues. If Vick on the run doesn't worry you at all, then you have been sippin to much Rams koolaid.
    Big difference between Vick whirling & dodging with guys squeezing the pocket all around him & that ball dangling from one hand than Vick sidestepping a DE getting greedy & rushing too far upfield, seeing him tuck & run for the sideline. Watch The playoff game vs GB or any of their pre-season games like I just did & you'll see what I mean. He may not be Jason Campbell when it comes to ball security but I bet The Rams have been running The Clif Ryan drill a bit this week & working on confusing looks for Vick to digest pre-snap as much as blitzes.

Sacks would be just dandy from front four pressure & I'm not anti-blitz but Vick has some pretty good safety valve options in Celek, McCoy, et al, & I think Poppinga and King, never mind one of Spags' mad scientist deals where a DE/DT drops into coverage, are vulnerable if the blitzer doesn't get there.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

This will be the year Philly goes.........What? Vick will not be the savior they thought and hopefully we expose that on sunday. The eagles kind of remind of those other teams that brought in too many egos not talent.....the egos get in the way. Reid will be out of a job there in the next 2 years. They will expact so much in Philly that I thin k they might just like santa better then reid and this team by years end! Rams may not win ,but it won't be from lack of effort. Only maybe experience gets them but it will be by very little margin if any. I think Rams win this game by the end of the first half! Go Rams ......Philly cream cheese is soft!!!!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

dgr828 is offline Registered User

This is a big Deal! Rams are on a high coming out of the preseason undefeated. Mike Vick just got a Big Deal contract, so he's looking to prove his worth. He may think of the Rams as easy pickins', 'Who on this mediocre defense can stop me, if I chose to run', Vick must be saying to himself. I doubt if Chris Long is causing him sleepless nights or making him sweat as he review the Rams Def video tapes. Big deal for Rams for sure, they'll surely have a great deal on their hands stoping Vick and the Eagles come Sunday. Good Luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

macrammer is online now Registered User

What he said

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

If we can just get Vick rattled early, good things could happen. Hopefully Spags will dial up some different looks to keep Mike confused. A rattled Vick is likely to make some poor decisions that will lead to turnovers .. I'm hoping anyway ...

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Vick only threw 6 INTs and had 3 fumbles lost last year. That is far from having ball security issues. If Vick on the run doesn't worry you at all, then you have been sippin to much Rams koolaid.
    However, last year was well below Vick's career average in both areas. In my opinion, for a player who has been in the NFL for 8 seasons, it's not a good idea to draw conclusions based on only the last year. Historically, he averages about .72 int/start and .82 fumbles/start. It's also worth noting that at 31, there is a strong possibility that Vick is not as fast as he once was. Still dangerous, but if he has to run, he's almost as much a threat to turn the ball over as break out a big play.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    However, last year was well below Vick's career average in both areas. In my opinion, for a player who has been in the NFL for 8 seasons, it's not a good idea to draw conclusions based on only the last year. Historically, he averages about .72 int/start and .82 fumbles/start. It's also worth noting that at 31, there is a strong possibility that Vick is not as fast as he once was. Still dangerous, but if he has to run, he's almost as much a threat to turn the ball over as break out a big play.
    What he said

TekeRam is offline Registered User

This is just more icing on the offensive line cake. I don't care if he knows Mudd's system, if he can't make teh COLTS' line, the dude just isn't that good. Their line looks good because Manning can throw it just before the hit comes, not because they stop the rush.

The key for us is to start just rushing our front four to see what their line can handle. If we get pressure, great, mix in a blitz here and there, but if we can get pressure with the four, blanket the secondary with all back seven. The other key, which is even more important is to not get carried away looking for the sack. The rushers need to contain and close in on Vick, not squeeze too early and let him slip the pocket.

Remember back to the Steelers-Eagles preseason game where the pocket just collapsed on him and he threw into double coverage where Polamalu picked him off. THAT is exactly what we want and need to happen. Our secondary is much better than what they played that night and with the line troubles we can be just as disruptive.

Vick gets into trouble when he CAN'T scramble. Box him in and either he'll run into you or he'll trhow to your buddy. That's the name of the game on Sunday.
    I believe!

Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Good news indeed!

So much for the 27 year old Watkins being the most NFL-Ready prospect in the draft.
    MauiRam and Rammed like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12