Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    BigDaddyPace's Avatar
    BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    31
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    9

    A Big Reason We are Losing:No KC

    It has become apparent to me that one of the biggest reasons the Rams offense is struggling is the absence of Kevin Curtis. He gave us the ability to stretch the field that we took for granted. And all this in favor of more size at WR with Drew Bennett which has not panned out. It also looks as if Curtis has better hands then Drew. Not resigning Curtis has had a huge detrimental affect on this offense. Thanks Jay Zyg, you moron!


  2. #2
    MauiRam's Avatar
    MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Maui, Hi.
    Age
    70
    Posts
    4,853
    Rep Power
    79

    Re: A Big Reason We are Losing:No KC

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyPace View Post
    It has become apparent to me that one of the biggest reasons the Rams offense is struggling is the absence of Kevin Curtis. He gave us the ability to stretch the field that we took for granted. And all this in favor of more size at WR with Drew Bennett which has not panned out. It also looks as if Curtis has better hands then Drew. Not resigning Curtis has had a huge detrimental affect on this offense. Thanks Jay Zyg, you moron!
    It is true that we have no one capable of stretching the field at this point (other than Brandon Williams who can fly but has yet to learn the offense), and Kevin did give us that option. The problem is that as fast as Kevin is, it still takes a few seconds for him to get downfield. It is during those "seconds" that our QBs are getting killed. If Bulger could play behind the Patriots' O-line, I am sure he would fare alot better even with our current batch of receivers. The injuries to Pace, Steussie and Setterstrom not to mention Romberg really hurt us bigtime. At the start of the season it appeared we had the makings of a pretty decent O-line ... that was then, and this is now ...

  3. #3
    RamsInfiniti's Avatar
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    R.I.P.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: A Big Reason We are Losing:No KC

    Having Curtis on the field would have made ZERO difference through the first six games. What good is a WR who can get downfield if you don't have time to throw the ball to him? Bennett was 40 yards downfield with 5 yards on his DB and we couldn't get it to him. What what Curtis have down better there?

  4. #4
    silentwolf's Avatar
    silentwolf is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    new Hampshire
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: A Big Reason We are Losing:No KC

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Having Curtis on the field would have made ZERO difference through the first six games. What good is a WR who can get downfield if you don't have time to throw the ball to him? Bennett was 40 yards downfield with 5 yards on his DB and we couldn't get it to him. What what Curtis have down better there?
    I disagree its not what would Curtis do different, but as a team what would be different. I think specifically that our endzone approach may have been different. IF we kept Curtis then we would have most likely not have gotten Bennett. We marched several times close into the endzone just to have Bulger lock onto Bennett when we passed and not score anything. In my opinion with no Bennett, Bulger would have actualy gone through his progession and looked for someone open. The whole redzone gameplan seemed to involve Bennett and everybody knew it including the opposing teams. Though technicaly this is a coaching problem and not the fault of Bennett.

  5. #5
    prof22693's Avatar
    prof22693 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tatooine
    Posts
    420
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: A Big Reason We are Losing:No KC

    I don't think Curtis would have made THAT MUCH difference, by the time he got downfield whoever was playing QB for us (Bulger or Frerrotte) would be destroyed all ready without this line.

  6. #6
    Guam rammer's Avatar
    Guam rammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Guam
    Age
    45
    Posts
    836
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: A Big Reason We are Losing:No KC

    Even if we had Randy Moss it wouldnt make a difference. It starts up front for everyone. The QB, the RB, the WR...everyone.

  7. #7
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Here
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,409
    Rep Power
    50

    Re: A Big Reason We are Losing:No KC

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Having Curtis on the field would have made ZERO difference through the first six games. What good is a WR who can get downfield if you don't have time to throw the ball to him? Bennett was 40 yards downfield with 5 yards on his DB and we couldn't get it to him. What what Curtis have down better there?
    I agree, Kevin Curtis would make little to no difference on this team this year.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE


  8. #8
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,272
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: A Big Reason We are Losing: No KC

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsbruce View Post
    I agree, Kevin Curtis would make little to no difference on this team this year.
    You're probably right, RB. :\

    KC might have been able to give us an exciting 'spark' now and then with one of his swifty plays, for he is a playmaker alright. One of those long TD pass completions, for example.

    But to little avail. As previous posters already said, the rest of the offense, limping and all (especially the OL), would have failed to get him the ball that often, leaving him little opportunity to score. Very little.

  9. #9
    Goldenfleece's Avatar
    Goldenfleece is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,586
    Rep Power
    60

    Re: A Big Reason We are Losing:No KC

    Really now, before we get all bent out of shape about losing Curtis, maybe we should recall what his stats were in 2006--40 receptions, 479 yards, 4 TDs. He wasn't a big part of the offense in Linehan's first year. Maybe he would have put up bigger numbers this year, but if he were hampered by problems with his hamstring and quadricep (like Bennett has been) he might not have had such blazing speed downfield either.
    Last edited by Goldenfleece; -10-17-2007 at 08:15 PM.

  10. #10
    RAMarkable is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,089
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: A Big Reason We are Losing:No KC

    Quote Originally Posted by silentwolf View Post
    I disagree its not what would Curtis do different, but as a team what would be different. I think specifically that our endzone approach may have been different. IF we kept Curtis then we would have most likely not have gotten Bennett. We marched several times close into the endzone just to have Bulger lock onto Bennett when we passed and not score anything. In my opinion with no Bennett, Bulger would have actualy gone through his progession and looked for someone open. The whole redzone gameplan seemed to involve Bennett and everybody knew it including the opposing teams. Though technicaly this is a coaching problem and not the fault of Bennett.
    Welcome, silentwolf. Your first post is an excellent one and I think is spot on. It has been obvious since game #1 that this is the Rams strategy; and I wonder why its taken Linnysham so long to figure out that he's been, well, figured out. You know we brought in another guy named McMichael to also make hay in the red zone...oops I forgot: we just sign tight ends, we don't actually throw the ball to 'em, now do we?

    WHAT SAY YE?

  11. #11
    BigDaddyPace's Avatar
    BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    31
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: A Big Reason We are Losing:No KC

    Bulger has gotten pounded in the past though and Curtis has always managed to produce. KC opened thing up for our Offense and spread the D, something that Bennett can't do, (at least not as good). Odviously I'm not saying that we would be 4-2 with him, but he fits into our offense better than Bennett.

  12. #12
    BigDaddyPace's Avatar
    BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    31
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: A Big Reason We are Losing:No KC

    BTW, hasn't he proven in Philley that he is a BIG PLAY receiver? Can Bennett break open a game like him? He hasn't shown it.

  13. #13
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,555
    Rep Power
    144

    Re: A Big Reason We are Losing:No KC

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyPace View Post
    BTW, hasn't he proven in Philley that he is a BIG PLAY receiver? Can Bennett break open a game like him? He hasn't shown it.
    If Philly can schedule Detroit 16 times Curtis will be a pro-bowler. But seriously...

    Bulger has spent most of the year hurt and it has shown itself in his deep routes. He has been either off the mark or well under. Even with Curtis deep route abillities, our injured QB would not have been able to consistently make him any kind of "threat".
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  14. #14
    AlphaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    a
    Posts
    2,521
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: A Big Reason We are Losing:No KC

    The only way the Rams could have re-signed Curtis is if he was given the #2 receiver slot. Since they would not, any other talk about Curtis staying is a moot point. besides, we signed the great Travis Taylor....:x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  15. #15
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Here
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,409
    Rep Power
    50

    Re: A Big Reason We are Losing:No KC

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyPace View Post
    BTW, hasn't he proven in Philley that he is a BIG PLAY receiver?
    Not really. He had one big game against the pathetic Lions defense, and one decent game against the Jets, other than that he's done next to nothing.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Coaching is the reason our players are hurt?
    By theodus69 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: -10-02-2007, 06:34 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: -12-11-2006, 04:56 PM
  3. Reason why we could not score
    By onslaught11 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: -11-22-2006, 04:49 PM
  4. Got my report card today
    By RamsFan16 in forum LOUNGE
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: -12-07-2005, 01:59 PM
  5. Rams Give Area Kids Reason to Dream
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -06-14-2005, 08:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •