Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

A Big Reason We are Losing:No KC

It has become apparent to me that one of the biggest reasons the Rams offense is struggling is the absence of Kevin Curtis. He gave us the ability to stretch the field that we took for granted. And all this in favor of more size at WR with Drew Bennett which has not panned out. It also looks as if Curtis has better hands then Drew. Not resigning Curtis has had a huge detrimental affect on this offense. Thanks Jay Zyg, you moron!

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: A Big Reason We are Losing:No KC

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyPace View Post
    It has become apparent to me that one of the biggest reasons the Rams offense is struggling is the absence of Kevin Curtis. He gave us the ability to stretch the field that we took for granted. And all this in favor of more size at WR with Drew Bennett which has not panned out. It also looks as if Curtis has better hands then Drew. Not resigning Curtis has had a huge detrimental affect on this offense. Thanks Jay Zyg, you moron!
    It is true that we have no one capable of stretching the field at this point (other than Brandon Williams who can fly but has yet to learn the offense), and Kevin did give us that option. The problem is that as fast as Kevin is, it still takes a few seconds for him to get downfield. It is during those "seconds" that our QBs are getting killed. If Bulger could play behind the Patriots' O-line, I am sure he would fare alot better even with our current batch of receivers. The injuries to Pace, Steussie and Setterstrom not to mention Romberg really hurt us bigtime. At the start of the season it appeared we had the makings of a pretty decent O-line ... that was then, and this is now ...

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Having Curtis on the field would have made ZERO difference through the first six games. What good is a WR who can get downfield if you don't have time to throw the ball to him? Bennett was 40 yards downfield with 5 yards on his DB and we couldn't get it to him. What what Curtis have down better there?

silentwolf is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Having Curtis on the field would have made ZERO difference through the first six games. What good is a WR who can get downfield if you don't have time to throw the ball to him? Bennett was 40 yards downfield with 5 yards on his DB and we couldn't get it to him. What what Curtis have down better there?
    I disagree its not what would Curtis do different, but as a team what would be different. I think specifically that our endzone approach may have been different. IF we kept Curtis then we would have most likely not have gotten Bennett. We marched several times close into the endzone just to have Bulger lock onto Bennett when we passed and not score anything. In my opinion with no Bennett, Bulger would have actualy gone through his progession and looked for someone open. The whole redzone gameplan seemed to involve Bennett and everybody knew it including the opposing teams. Though technicaly this is a coaching problem and not the fault of Bennett.

prof22693 is offline Registered User

I don't think Curtis would have made THAT MUCH difference, by the time he got downfield whoever was playing QB for us (Bulger or Frerrotte) would be destroyed all ready without this line.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Even if we had Randy Moss it wouldnt make a difference. It starts up front for everyone. The QB, the RB, the WR...everyone.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    I agree, Kevin Curtis would make little to no difference on this team this year.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: A Big Reason We are Losing: No KC

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsbruce View Post
    I agree, Kevin Curtis would make little to no difference on this team this year.
    You're probably right, RB. :\

KC might have been able to give us an exciting 'spark' now and then with one of his swifty plays, for he is a playmaker alright. One of those long TD pass completions, for example.

But to little avail. As previous posters already said, the rest of the offense, limping and all (especially the OL), would have failed to get him the ball that often, leaving him little opportunity to score. Very little.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Really now, before we get all bent out of shape about losing Curtis, maybe we should recall what his stats were in 2006--40 receptions, 479 yards, 4 TDs. He wasn't a big part of the offense in Linehan's first year. Maybe he would have put up bigger numbers this year, but if he were hampered by problems with his hamstring and quadricep (like Bennett has been) he might not have had such blazing speed downfield either.
    Last edited by Goldenfleece; -10-17-2007 at 08:15 PM.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by silentwolf View Post
    I disagree its not what would Curtis do different, but as a team what would be different. I think specifically that our endzone approach may have been different. IF we kept Curtis then we would have most likely not have gotten Bennett. We marched several times close into the endzone just to have Bulger lock onto Bennett when we passed and not score anything. In my opinion with no Bennett, Bulger would have actualy gone through his progession and looked for someone open. The whole redzone gameplan seemed to involve Bennett and everybody knew it including the opposing teams. Though technicaly this is a coaching problem and not the fault of Bennett.
    Welcome, silentwolf. Your first post is an excellent one and I think is spot on. It has been obvious since game #1 that this is the Rams strategy; and I wonder why its taken Linnysham so long to figure out that he's been, well, figured out. You know we brought in another guy named McMichael to also make hay in the red zone...oops I forgot: we just sign tight ends, we don't actually throw the ball to 'em, now do we?

WHAT SAY YE?

Bulger has gotten pounded in the past though and Curtis has always managed to produce. KC opened thing up for our Offense and spread the D, something that Bennett can't do, (at least not as good). Odviously I'm not saying that we would be 4-2 with him, but he fits into our offense better than Bennett.

BTW, hasn't he proven in Philley that he is a BIG PLAY receiver? Can Bennett break open a game like him? He hasn't shown it.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

BTW, hasn't he proven in Philley that he is a BIG PLAY receiver? Can Bennett break open a game like him? He hasn't shown it.
    If Philly can schedule Detroit 16 times Curtis will be a pro-bowler. But seriously...

Bulger has spent most of the year hurt and it has shown itself in his deep routes. He has been either off the mark or well under. Even with Curtis deep route abillities, our injured QB would not have been able to consistently make him any kind of "threat".
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

The only way the Rams could have re-signed Curtis is if he was given the #2 receiver slot. Since they would not, any other talk about Curtis staying is a moot point. besides, we signed the great Travis Taylor....:x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

BTW, hasn't he proven in Philley that he is a BIG PLAY receiver?
    Not really. He had one big game against the pathetic Lions defense, and one decent game against the Jets, other than that he's done next to nothing.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast