RamWraith is offline Registered User

Big test this weekend

I will be fun to see what Hill is made of this weekend. You know darn well that they will be throwing his direction all day with what appears to be a huge height mismatch. We will see what the future holds for sure this weekend with our young stud.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Big test this weekend

Point...and also I don't think just because its the Cardinals, that this game will be easy. We're at home, which is great, but I just don't have that feeling of we're just going to win this game because its them. I think its still going to be tough, and we do need this win as badly as we needed a win last week. Let's keep on getting the W's.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm actually hoping we can turn the Cardinals into a 1 dimensional team Sunday. Shut down the run and let them attempt passes all they want...Bring it on!

Mr. Leinert meet Mr Little....
    Last edited by laram0; -12-02-2006 at 12:15 PM.

Truth is offline Registered User

I agree that it will be nice to see where Hill stands. Just remember, he's a rookie. I'm not willing to judge what his career is going to be from this one game. However, it will be a nice reading of his progress to this point. Let's not make too much of this.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    I will be fun to see what Hill is made of this weekend. You know darn well that they will be throwing his direction all day with what appears to be a huge height mismatch. We will see what the future holds for sure this weekend with our young stud.
    If we can rattle Matt a bit with the pass rush Hill, should get at least one pick. On the other hand -- if Matt has all day to throw -- could be a long day for Hill ... Another test will be the league's worst run defense against the league's worst rushing attack. Will the headlines be: "The Cards finally get their running game in gear as Edge gets his first 100 yd game of the year" .... or will it be the other side of the coin: "Finally Rams D finds a way to shut down the run as Rams extend Redbirds losing streak" Stay tuned .....

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Considering all the replacements on our roster right now, it isn't just Hill who's going to be tested this week. It's darn near everyone. Little, Barron, Witherspoon, and Wilkins are about the only ones who won't be tested this game. All players depend on each other to do their jobs effectively. The four names I mentioned are less dependent on perfect execution of the other players. The only reason why I say this is because Wilkins is 'protected' (sure, he still gets hit...), Little is a veteran who knows how to execute even when things fall apart, Witherspoon is the same way, and Barron, being the only 'original' left on the O-line, is too busy doing his job, and helping the guys around him, to do things differently.

I'm glad Alex has dodged the injury bullet this year. I also wish he had a younger brother the same size and talent level as him that could come into the league next year...someone we could groom as a bookend on the left side, when Pace needs a replacement.

Doesn't one of the Rams have a little sister who's an O-lineman on a high school team that should be ready for college soon?

Before you say it...there are a LOT of women out there tougher than most guys. I used to date this cute little woman who was quite tough. I watched her punch a guy once at a store. He lost a couple of teeth, and she knocked him out. BTW, he was about 100 pounds heavier, and 10" bigger than her. Of course, her father being a former Green Beret in 'Nam, as well as the "last man out" for a certain motorcycle social organization, probably helped her know how to fight. Then there was Eddie...a former state champion women's bodybuilder....I saw her send a guy flying with an uppercut....
    As long as they have supper ready when I get home, there's nothing wrong with a woman playing football. (Apologies to John Wayne for altering his quote in the last sentence.)