RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Big time credit to Linehan for adapting

He has brought the offense back to a Martzian level of firepower in these last 2 games, and without the turnovers that usually accompanied it. Very good balance of taking chances downfield and playing more conservatively. In the first 2 games I thought he was way too conservative, but he has improved. Adapting your strategy to changing circumstances is one of the main components of intelligence, there is no point in 'staying the course' if the course was wrong to begin with or based on faulty assumptions. Linehan has observed our offense, taken advice from our key players and tailored his strategy more towards the talent we have and the plays they're comfortable running. And boy has it worked, our passing game has come to life again, I'm getting the good old familiar feeling that we can move the ball on anyone and score from any point on the field.

If you're worried we didn't win by more, don't be, in the NFL a win is a win, the good teams find a way to win the ugly games like this one while the bad teams find a way to lose. The Seahawks, Cardinals and Whiners all lost - this week should be one of celebration!

Now watch out Packers! You better have some water ready on the sidelines, because your DB's will get B.U.R.N.E.D next week!

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Re: Big time credit to Linehan for adapting

i loved the shootout, it brought back the excitement of a high scroing affair that we havent had in awhile. we've had plenty of close games this year but this one was different. martz's costly turnovers cost him the game...

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

do you guys think that linehan got caught up in the game to the point that he was saying to himself ok martz you want to play that way,i can match you pass for pass,lets do it

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    do you guys think that linehan got caught up in the game to the point that he was saying to himself ok martz you want to play that way,i can match you pass for pass,lets do it
    That's exactly what I thought. It was "one-upsmanship" at it's best. ...and in the end, turnovers cost Mike a win. The student beat the teacher.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    Haha yeah, I thought that. It was two crazy offensive masterminds battling it out. I also thought that Martz got the ball to Furrey more than he probably would against other teams on purpose to rub it in our faces a little extra. After the first few catches I was hoping Haslett would put some extra coverage on Furrey because it seemed like Martz was consciously calling quite a few plays with his number in them, obviously I can understand if Haslett had Williams on his mind too with the kind of plays he was making out there though.

Alec22 is offline Registered User

I think im going to have to disagree with all you guys, lol. This is because Jackson was getting alot of touches in reciving and runs. And in the past MM would never have used a guy like davis on what was it 2n9? for an 11 yd gain btw. And the furrey thing, coming inot the game he was leading the lions in receptions i think(maybe 2nd but i dont think so). However i bet furrey was trying to step it up.Anyway though the Rams won so iam VERY happy =)

tanus is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark View Post
    Haha yeah, I thought that. It was two crazy offensive masterminds battling it out. I also thought that Martz got the ball to Furrey more than he probably would against other teams on purpose to rub it in our faces a little extra. After the first few catches I was hoping Haslett would put some extra coverage on Furrey because it seemed like Martz was consciously calling quite a few plays with his number in them, obviously I can understand if Haslett had Williams on his mind too with the kind of plays he was making out there though.
    Please tell me you are kidding.