Thread: Big Ups

Faulk28_ is offline Registered User

Big Ups

Lovie Smith turned the worst defense in the NFL to [in my opinion] the best defense in the recent history of the NFL... We Love U Lovie

Lets hope he stays with us for a long time.

Faulk28_

... whos the man, with a plan, and dont need to trash talk....??? Marshall Faulk...

RealRam is offline Registered User

At least one more season...

Faulk_28, from what I understand, Coach Lovie Smith will "have to" remain a Ram one more season. This is due to the fact that, by NFL rules, other teams must wait until the end of the current season before they can begin bidding. By that time the Rams will have consolidated his contract for 2002-03, at least.

Not sure how this makes sense but I'm glad he won't be leaving us after creating such an extraordinary turnaround for Rams Dee.

:evilram: Go Rams! Stay Lovie! :nerd:

I agree but..

... Lovie said his dream was to become a head coach. I hope he decides to stay, but every team will want him. If we are lucky he will stay until Martz get tired of coach'n or offered higher pay somewhere, then Lovie can takeover.
    Lets Hope:upset:
    Faulk28_

... whos the man, with a plan, and dont need to trash talk....??? Marshall Faulk...

DJRamFan is offline Registered User
    He's only been the coordinator for one year, he realizes he needs to punch his clock like the rest of them, look for him to have a new team after next season.

The rule is actually a smart one. Would you want lovie concerned about which Chargers (or any other team) he would like to leave unprotected in the Expansion Draft while the Rams prepare for the Super Bowl??? I sure as hell wouldn't, he'll get his, he's being realistic about it.
    DJRamFan
    ClanRam Fantasy Football Commissioner
    2003 & 2004 ClanRam Cup Champion

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

NFL Champions: 1945, 1951
    NFC Champions: 1979, 1999, 2001
    Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

Super Bowl XXXIV Champions

Seth in 736 is offline Registered User
    one of the best defenses in recent NFL history?!?!?!? MY GOD!!!! I know you folks all cant agree w/ this kid, so plz understand where im coming from when i criticize- I am not disrespecting all Rams fans here but :

:rolleyes: ARE YOU SERIOUS!!??? They are not in the top 20 from the last decade! And I would LOOOOVE for someone to actually try to show me how they are becuz as your boy K- Flatulence has mentioned here, in Philly we talk FOOT-BALL and have no time for theme songs or rap, so I am absolutely prepared for a good verbal spar----about, omigod, FOOTBALL!
    Rocky was an Underdog too.

From what i heard, in Philly, ur poor sports. Fans fight, because they know its an easy way to get on camera, cuz no one pays attention to the game, or whatever u call the game the eagles play. Philly also fights because they envy citys with good sports team... Also was Philly voted the Sports City of the Year anytime lately???
    Faulk28_

Aries51 is offline Registered User
    Seth,look at the stats.I dont think Faulk28_ was saying that this Rams defense was the best in recent history,but one of the best turn arounds in recent history.Look at the stats and look at the rankings.Last year,our defense sucked.This year we are ranked no.2 in the NFC.I would say that that is quite an improvement.Dont ya think?

:angryram: GO RAMS! STAY FOCUSED! WIN!:shield:
    Last edited by Aries51; -01-25-2002 at 12:29 AM.
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

aries, you cant protect that dolt. What you said, I agree with. In fact, I like the rams D and you could see the turnaround coming with the additions they made in the offseason and that includes Lovie. (How could the stinkin Cards let Aneas go?) BUT WHAT Faulk28 said was as clear as day. He feels that this yrs rams d is one of the best in recent NFL history- he wasnt refering to the turnaround. This guys brings your (not you personally but the fanbases') credibilty down. He knows nothing, not even the fact that he cant "freestyle".

WARNING

Don't make me move this thread Seth....Keep the Smack in the appropriate forum, remember, you're a guest in all other forums but Smack....
    DJRamFan

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

with all due respect, what did i type that could have this moved? I spoke about football and talked about how I acjknowledge and predicted the Rams D turnaround. Am I not allowed to comment about another poster here directly? If so, then I will not single anyone else out anymore. But my point I still think has merit- there are knowledgeable rams fans (and yeah, you can be knowledgeable and think the rams will win) and then there are others who really are more in this for attention.
    I still rate Phillys D considerabley higher than the Ram D, but I can also see how last weeks performance gives yuor guys a huge boost in confidence- to do what you did to a QB of that ilk.
    I really think that we are in for a game for the ages. Truely.

aries, you cant protect that dolt.
    Clearly a violation of the rules - personal attacks.

And I would LOOOOVE for someone to actually try to show me how they are becuz as your boy K- Flatulence has mentioned here, in Philly we talk FOOT-BALL and have no time for theme songs or rap, so I am absolutely prepared for a good verbal spar----about, omigod, FOOTBALL!
    Not as bad, but still could have been worded better.

Yeah you are trying to give some props too, but clean up the language a little....
    DJRamFan

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

gotchya. no offense meant.

thanks
    DJRamFan

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ