general counsel is offline Registered User

Big week coming for leonard

The whiners are banged up on the O line. What do you think they will do to try and control Leonard? Something tells me that they are not going to use the Broncos method of High School Contraception (ie the silent prayer method), which consists of putting one tackle on him one on one all game and watching him get in your qb's face down after down when he is not actually slamming the qb to the ground. I believe leonard is a free agent at the end of the year and he could be on a season long salary drive of gallactic magnitude, drawing multiple blockers and creating lots of openings for hargrove and Av's stud youngster big victor.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: Big week coming for leonard

Well, I think at first they'll feel him out and see how they do, one-on-one. Of course, this will be a BIG mistake, which they'll probably find out in their first drive. Then they'll chip at him with RB's and TE's, which as you alluded to, will leave our other guys open to take shots at him. Not to mention the LB's and FS in the many blitz packages that Haslett will throw at Smith. I'm sure Haslett has some special stunts and blitz's drawn up just for the occasion. That's what Haslett is known for. Look at how well he prepared for us all those years, when we had the GSOT. His defenses were one of the few that could actually slow us down.

On the **** side of the ball, I think they'll stay away from the air and not let A. Smith make stupid mistakes with all the blitz's he's going to see. Meanwhile, making life a little easier for the replacement O-linemen by trying to grind it out against us, and probably to Leonards side. With half his o-line out, I doubt Nolan will be airing it out.

...and I think this will work to our advantage. If we stuff the run, they'll be faced with a lot of 3rd & longs, and Haslett will have them right were he wants them.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Rambos is offline Registered User

I think you are right GC; Little will have a very good year. With Glover bringing it up the gut and Hargove on the other side add in the multi blitzes. Little with not see as many double teams as he has in the past and we see what he can do one on one.

ramsfan1975 is offline Registered User

isnt it nice(although very strange) to actually talk and get excited about the defence?

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Honestly don't know if I can remember a game the defense played that well since the 70's. And if they can do it all year, cause you know the offense will get in sinc, this could be a team to be reckoned with.....and I don't mean perhaps!!!!:l
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

rampete is offline Registered User

nolan of the niners is not blind to his teams strengths and weaknesses...

he will run the ball as much as possible and use the playaction to help a.
    smith survive his shaky o-line...considering they have a 2nd yr. RB in f. gore and rookie TE v. davis to help in the pass protection, i doubt nolan will air it out...the safe bet is to run three times, punt and depend on his defense to deep it close on their home turf...

i doubt little and co. will have many opportunities like they did last weekend...

the onus will be on our front 7 to contain their RBs and be alert to the playaction...

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

I really don't think there is anything SF can do to stop us. With a depleted O line, what do you excpect them to do. This game is ours to loose. That being said stastically games between SF have always been close. This time I don't think so I give the Rams a 10 spot

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsfan1975 View Post
    isnt it nice(although very strange) to actually talk and get excited about the defence?
    Yeah, I never thought I'd see the day where I would want to go up to a game and yell DEFENSE, last year I'd be too ashamed to even say it. Now it's like HELL YEAH!!!!!!!! lol, but with a great defense now, and a good offense, statistically, we're looking awesome.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

The whiners can try and run the ball all they want. Once they realize it's not working, the play action will be ineffective and Smith will start to get pounded.
    It's the left side of their O-line that's banged up so I do see them running at Little. Haslett is already brewing the magic potion to crush the Whiners " O ".

Also the Whiners D will not be able to stop our O.

This game has blow out written all over it.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

we know that larry allan is out for a month but what about jonas jennings and eric heitmann????

Mr. Gaz is offline Registered User

Hasn't there been talk of Little flipping over to RE during games? If so, won't he be more effective seeing as the left part of the Whiners O-line is 2nd string ?

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gaz View Post
    Hasn't there been talk of Little flipping over to RE during games? If so, won't he be more effective seeing as the left part of the Whiners O-line is 2nd string ?

Little will dominate the right hand side of the niners line easily enough, the fact the left side is second string means Hargrove is going to cause a lot of problems for Alex Smith as well

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I really don't think this game will be a blow out. I'll take a win even if it is close, but I am not expecting a blow out.

Little side note: My brother, the Pittsburgh one, picked up the Rams D for his fantasy team and he was excited about it. That has to be a compliment to the Rams.

I wonder who has the Rams D for the ClanRam leagues?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

I wonder who has the Rams D for the ClanRam leagues?
    Someone actually picked them in the 4th round of our (gold) league. I remember laughing at the time but that pick looks good now.

thoey is offline Registered User

Hey, I started to pick them up in the fantasy league I am in, but with Baltimore and Pittsburgh already on my roster...

:\

As to LL, he looked like a man possessed last week. Here's to him doing that every week.

Got a question though... If he goes on and has a GREAT, I mean GREAT year, who's gonna get his jersey? I remember myself thinking during the game "That's the jersey I'll get this year..." Then I remembered the conversations we all had when he was *stupid* again. At that time I said I would not buy his jersey. But, as dominating as he was, made me think about it...
    Last edited by thoey; -09-15-2006 at 12:11 AM.
    This space for rent...