Haterade is offline Registered User

Bigger concern: Run Defense or Pass Defense?

With Seattle coming to town next week, do we sell out and stop the run; taking the chance against Seattle's injured WR core. Are their dropsies really gone?

Or we do blitz like madmen and fluster their QB like the skins and jags did.

Offense 24.3 (PTS) 384.5 (YDS) 299.5 (PASS) 85.0 (RUSH)
    Defense 27.8 (PTS) 346.8 (YDS) 255.0 (PASS) 91.8 (RUSH)

Seattle's Offense/Defense
    Offense 22.3 387.8 252.3 135.5
    Defense 19.0 300.8 184.5 116.3

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Bigger concern: Run Defense or Pass Defense?

I think some of their receivers are pretty banged up, so I say we focus on Alexander and then throw in some blitz packages to rush MH

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Is thier receiving corp better than last year? Yes.
    Would I rather push the box and shut down Alexander? Yes.

I still think Alexander is more capable of beating us than their passing game is. Plus, if the safeties rectify their anal-cranal impaction, our passing game will be a much different group than showed up in NY.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Seahawk_For_Life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Haterade
    With Seattle coming to town next week, do we sell out and stop the run; taking the chance against Seattle's injured WR core. Are their dropsies really gone?
    Our receivers in this game will be the wild card. D-Jack should play, his knee is sore, but hopefully it doesn't impact his game. His knee was sore last week as well. Engram is banged up, but hopefully JJ and Warrick will step up.

The Jags did get to Hasselbeck, and got him flustered which resulted in some turnovers.

But Washington did not. He was very solid in that game. So if you think your D is good enough to apply some pressure and get him flustered, please by all means, bring it.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Haterade

Offense 24.3 (PTS) 384.5 (YDS) 299.5 (PASS) 85.0 (RUSH)
    Defense 27.8 (PTS) 346.8 (YDS) 255.0 (PASS) 91.8 (RUSH)

Seattle's Offense/Defense
    Offense 22.3 387.8 252.3 135.5
    Defense 19.0 300.8 184.5 116.3
    What we really need is a Defensive coordinator that knows how to run a defence that can handle the run and the pass.I vote for Dick Juron.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

theodus69 is offline Registered User

I'm kinda up in the air on this one. Turn the D into a crazy O like people think we have(which we don't) And fly wild . This team needs a facelift!:tongue:
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Lightbulb Re: Bigger concern: Run Defense or Pass Defense?

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69
    I'm kinda up in the air on this one. Turn the D into a crazy O like people think we have(which we don't) And fly wild . This team needs a facelift!:tongue:
    I think they need some arselift.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

I think our secondary is possibly the worst in the league. Losing Butler turned a below avg. secondary into a miserable one. We should blitz like crazy and try to force a mistake. Hass should kill our dbs anyway, so we must make something happen by creating havoc up front with our strength on D which is the line.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Stop the run.......take our chances against the passing game.......blitz blitz blitz:clanram:

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce=GOAT
    I think our secondary is possibly the worst in the league. Losing Butler turned a below avg. secondary into a miserable one. We should blitz like crazy and try to force a mistake. Hass should kill our dbs anyway, so we must make something happen by creating havoc up front with our strength on D which is the line.
    I tend to agree. After the Cards and Titans games, I thought maybe Marmie could actually pull-off this Rush 4 concept he appears to be championing. However, the Giants game shows the downside to it.......if the Rush 4 doesn't create pressure, the DBs have to step up, and I don't see where ours are capable.

Blitzing will give up some big plays, but maybe there will be fewer of them. I wouldn't care if the Hawks manage 3 or 4 big plays due to our blitzing......it sure beats giving up 8 scoring drives in 11 opportunities like last week.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod