View Poll Results: Which position needs the most help?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • WR

22 26.19%
  • CB

2 2.38%
  • Backup RB

11 13.10%
  • DT

22 26.19%
  • SLB

24 28.57%
  • Other

3 3.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Biggest hole on this new Rams team?

Now that the draft is over and most significant FA signings/trades are out of the way, I was curious to see what you all thought the biggest void left to fill might be.

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Re: Biggest hole on this new Rams team?

The correct answer is WR. The truth is, both Avery and Burton have some injury problems the team should be scared about. And guess what? They're our top two WRs. So if any one or both of them go down, then defenses stack eight in the box and stop Jackson and kill Bulger.

You could also make a case for DT because there are only four on the roster (Adeyanju and Hall could shift inside on some plays), but there isn't a lot of quality depth not to mention our two starters haven't exactly proven themselves. So I think if the Giants do indeed let one of their DTs go (mainly Fred Robbins), the Rams should be quick to scoop him up.

Keenum is offline Registered User

It's hard for me to pick, because I would like to see the players perform before I get an opinion on them, no matter how good they were with other teams or in the draft. Right now, I would say WR is a hole; we have very, very little experience and depth (as it looks on paper, we never know if these guys could all turn out to be pretty good). I feel decent or good about all other positions.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Had to go with back up RB. SJ's injury history and the scary dropoff into the lesser known and less versatile options has to be a concern.

On the other hand, it's hard to fill Daddy Jax's shoes and we hopefully have upgraded the whole rushing unit enough to prevent that dropoff from being so ridiculous, anyway. That, and a more diversified attack may mean that there is no clear #2. The committee thing.

And who knows? Maybe the universe will shift and our key players will stay healthy for a season.....if that's drinking the Koolaid, well, all I can say is they've watered that stuff down since I was a kid.

shower beers is offline Registered User

It's a popular belief that WRs blossom during their third year in the league, which leaves our starters a year behind in that regard. Add to that the fact that they're learning a new offense, and you now know why I chose the WR option.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

I would have to go with WR without a doubt. I mean, even the slightest sign of depth or promise from that position could very easily just be another Drew Bennet in disguise..

dgr828 is offline Registered User

*(Other) The most glaring need and the biggest hole is at the Quarterback position.
    I know most here at the clan don't like to hear that the emperor has no clothes, but Marc Bulger is the old and biggest hole on this new Rams team.
    It's time to start looking toward the future as far as the Rams QB is concerned.
    This team needs a leader who will be the face of the Rams.
    Some one who will command respect from the team that they will run through a wall for him. Don't see that coming from Bulger.
    This is Marc last chance, if he can't get it done for the Rams, at the most important position on the field, changes will need to be made.
    Last edited by dgr828; -05-18-2009 at 01:37 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    *(Other) The most glaring need and the biggest hole is at the Quarterback position.
    I know most here at the clan don't like to hear that the emperor has no clothes, but Marc Bulger is the old and biggest hole on this new Rams team.
    It's time to start looking toward the future as far as the Rams QB is concerned.
    Some one who will command respect from the team that they will run through a wall for him. Don't see that coming from Bulger.
    This is Marc last chance, if he can't get it done for the Rams, at the most important position on the field, changes will need to be made.
    Is it also then, time to search for a new avatar?

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

i voted SLB...i like Draft he`s a good team player and a player who can play all 3 linebacker spots but i would like to have an upgrade at that position...at this point there probably isnt better options available so we might have to leave that spot as it is for now..but if someone better becomes available then i sure hope we snap him up.

i have no problem whatsoever with the WR position..i think we a lot deeper than people realise..D.J Hackett would be a nice pick up..but there are no other wideouts about who would fit the WCO, we have plenty of young,fast wideouts who do fit that system.

DT we are still pretty thin at so id like to see more help there...i voted SLB but DT is a close second..especially with the way Spags likes to rotate players in and out at that position.

interesting to see that i am so far the only person who has mentioned the SLB and yet in the votes SLB has got the most votes...
    Last edited by Ramblin` Ram; -05-18-2009 at 06:47 AM.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post

With the OL apparently fixed (or at least upgraded), he'll certainly be under a microscope. But I can see a lot of the Bulger supporters shifting their blame to the WRs. We'll just have to wait and see how that situation develops.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

I voted with WR but honestly, the entire team has a massive hole when you look at the depth. The Rams can possibly be decent as long as the 22 starters remain on the field healthy but wherever an injury is going to occur, a massive hole is going to form.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I went with DT. Right now, that is the biggest question mark on the roster in my opinion. We have some players who have flashed potential (Carriker, Ryan) and a promising rookie (Scott), but its difficult to know what to expect.

I am hopeful that the new defensive scheme will help maximize their talents. If it does, the defense will be greatly improved. If not, well... the Rams better get some early leads to take opposing running games ot of the picture.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I went with WR just because of the lack of experience. I love the players we have, but the problem is the fact that with no one to mentor them(yes, we have coaches...), the won't grow and gain nearly as much knowledge and experience as they would with an elder statesman to help them along.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

DT, it all starts there. The offense dosen't matter if the defense goes backward all day.
    "The horror"

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Had to go with back up RB. SJ's injury history and the scary dropoff into the lesser known and less versatile options has to be a concern.
    You know Shaun Alexander is available. I would take him for 1 year. He would be anxious to run all over the sqawks.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast