View Poll Results: Biggest pleasant surprise...

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daryl Richardson's emergence as No. 2 RB.

12 16.44%
  • OT Hunter and Richardson's solid play.

28 38.36%
  • Brandon Gibson's contributions.

0 0%
  • Janoris Jenkins' start.

11 15.07%
  • Brian Schottenheimer's effective playcalling.

1 1.37%
  • Rookie kicker success.

20 27.40%
  • Other (what is the biggest pleasant surprise?)

1 1.37%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Biggest pleasant surprise so far.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Biggest pleasant surprise so far.

Rookie kickers, with the offensive tackles a close second.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

Maybe most expected it, but I'm still amazed at Jenkins' play to start the season. He's had in a interception (and should've have a couple more), but it goes so much farther than that. Against Seattle, Rocky McIntosh's INT doesn't happen unless Jenkins hits Wilson's arm on the blitz. He's made all kinds of tackles, and we can only guess at the effect he's having on opposing QB's from a mental standpoint. This kid is gonna be really special, really soon.
    Last edited by Ramendola16; -10-07-2012 at 03:02 AM.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

This is extremely hard... and I'm tempted to go with Jenkins, who so far has been our best pick of our first four. He was lined up against Larry eff'in Fitzgerald for most of the game on Thursday and while he allowed him to get open and get some yards, he shut him down when it counted. If he had caught a couple of the 5-6 INT's he should have had, I'd give it to him.

I love Legatron. I want, no NEED, that name to stick. He will set the record for FG distance before his career is over. Can you imagine this kid in Denver? Oh, we're on our own 45? FG! Thing is, given what he did in campa nd the preseason, it's not a surprise.

And so we get to the OT's. We get one off the junk table and trade for the other one just before the season. Now they start for us. And while Sam is getting hit as always, we're moving the ball still, and if you'd told me that we would be down an offensive linemen per game, I'd tell you that we'd be 1-4 at best. I gotta give it to the Offensive Line for manning up across the board, with props to the line coaches and Schotty who is making the needed planning and adjustments. If we can actually catch the ball Sam throws, we can keep this thing rolling.
    live4ramin likes this.
    I believe!

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

The two tackles Hunter and Richardson have been very solid especially Richardson who was seen as one of the worst starting tackles in the league last year. They still have there bad plays but I think they've surprised many opposing supporters who thought they're defensive ends would have career days. However, I still would like to see a tackle drafted in the first round next year.

I would also say the OLB play has been mostly solid especially Dunbar (apart from the Seattle game).

Fisher and Snead have done fantastic jobs getting the most out of the talent available. Imagine in 2 years with the addition of 4 first round picks!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Have to go for Hunter and Richardson. Hunter has played pretty damn well considering how much stick he got for his time in New York. He has played better than Jason Smith ever did for the Rams.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Janoris Jenkins has been better then I thought he would be. The kid had Fitz one on one Thursday.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    Richardson. Kickers are great, but I wouldn't call them a surprise.
    I think the kickers are a pretty big suprise, but the tackles get my vote. They have shocked me with their ability to get the job done week in, week out. They've made the difference IMO.

OT. I downloaded the ForumRunner app. Don't see a huge difference personally.
    But, at the risk if sounding dumb, (which hasn't bothered me before), I can't figure out how to reply without quoting. Anybody?
    Forum Runner has made a huge difference for me. The biggest being, it works. As far as replying without quotes, I have a an icon (arrow in a box) in the upper right hand corner that gives me options, one being, "reply to thread". Hope that helps.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by R8rh8rmike View Post
    This is virtually an impossible choice to make. Too much good stuff, which is an awesome dilemma to have!
    Perfect answer!

And indeed a good "problem" for us fans, having to choose from those options.
    live4ramin likes this.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP
    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post

I think the kickers are a pretty big suprise, but the tackles get my vote. They have shocked me with their ability to get the job done week in, week out. They've made the difference IMO.

Forum Runner has made a huge difference for me. The biggest being, it works. As far as replying without quotes, I have a an icon (arrow in a box) in the upper right hand corner that gives me options, one being, "reply to thread". Hope that helps.
    It did and I'm an idiot. Now, is there a way to "save" clanram?
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

It did and I'm an idiot. Now, is there a way to "save" clanram?
    I sent you a PM.

RuffRams is offline Registered User

A lot to pick from:

Quinn
    Defense
    Legatron and Hekker
    Backup OLs stepping up

But I'm going with Jenkins this guy lined up and stared down Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, and Larry Fitzgerald...and did relatively a good job. Especially the latter two. And especially after Brandon Marshalls last two games. Even though we lost Jenkins shut him down. This guy is fast becoming my new favorite defensive player on the team. No doubt he will be the next jersey on mtg back if he keeps it up
    live4ramin likes this.

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

After watching GB miss a shot at overtime because their kicker (who the commentators had just called "one of the best in the league") missed a 51 yard field goal by about 40 feet I couldn't help but think GZ would have nailed it. I think having the Rams draft a kicker who comes in and is arguably the best in the NFL would be the biggest surprise
    RealRam likes this.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaRamFan View Post
    After watching GB miss a shot at overtime because their kicker (who the commentators had just called "one of the best in the league") missed a 51 yard field goal by about 40 feet I couldn't help but think GZ would have nailed it. I think having the Rams draft a kicker who comes in and is arguably the best in the NFL would be the biggest surprise
    The giants lost to the eagles last week too by a field goal of 54 yards that was just short.

Its amazing to think that Legatron is a rookie. When he gets up to kick i have confidence he can make it from anywhere on the other side of the 50.

bradwill is offline Registered User

I wanted to choose "all of the above"

I thought Jenkins would make a positive impact soon, but not this soon. Rams have thrown him out there against the best and he's held up great for a rookie and also shown he can be even better.

The two OT's are holding their own instead of being an unmitigated disaster and that's good enough for me right now. They aren't going to the Pro Bowl and there have been issues but they are doing a lot better than advertised and at least give the offense a chance. Nothing like the pathetic display we saw from Arizona's 2 OT's the last two weeks.

Richardson has kept up what he did in pre-season into the games that really count and great job by aq 7th rounder.

I sort of thought Schottenheimer lost his way with the play-calling vs. the Bears but has otherwise done a very solid job at maximizing what strengths the Rams have on offense while minimizing the weaknesses. He's putting the guys who are playmakers on the offense into positions to make plays and sometimes it happens, other times, no. Still, I'll take his playcalling so far over the crap I saw from McDaniels and Shurmur and mostly Linehan any day. He seems to have a better idea about minimizing what this offense isn't simply capable of doing right now and working towards expanding what they can do while trying to keep Bradofrd upright.
    live4ramin likes this.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Had to go with the kicker, Rookies aren't suppose to do this; my friends a star has been born.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast