Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The Shredder Guest

Re: Biggest Weakness on the Team

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Okay, but you followed up your statement about Chavous with this:

Maybe I misunderstood, but to me it sounds like you're using your own observation that Wesley is better than Chavous to make the case that the Rams secondary is horrible.

I guess we know who to go to now if you get out of hand.
    Well, I have seen them both play...alot. I dont understand what the big deal is here. I'm not saying anything that isn't true. Chavous isnt the ONLY reason why the Rams secondary is bad. The talent at that level on defense needs to be revamped. Which it is in the process of doing that, it's just gonna take another season or 2.

Me and him get into arguments about this all the time.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by The Shredder View Post
    Well, I have seen them both play...alot. I dont understand what the big deal is here. I'm not saying anything that isn't true. Chavous isnt the ONLY reason why the Rams secondary is bad. The talent at that level on defense needs to be revamped.
    No big deal, just discussion. All this remains to be substantiated either way. What you are saying is neither true nor false, it's all speculation. How can anyone make an accurate judgement on the Rams secondary after seeing what they had to play behind last year? You yourself said this in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by The Shredder
    Even Deion Sanders and (enter another great cover CB) would get burned if they had to cover as long as the Rams secondary does. Everything starts at the Dline on defense.
    Forgive me if I'm confused about your position on the Rams secondary. On one hand you say flat out that they suck and have little or no talent, then you acknowledge that they are regularly put under the gun by the DL. You've made my point that they deserve the chance to perform under reasonable conditions with adequate support up front before they are judged as horrible. Maybe we should wait and see?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder
    What my point was that Welsey is better than Chavous and that Chavous wouldnt start on the Chiefs.
    And that point was shown to be wrong. What's your next point?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

our weak pint is or CB's. Atogwe is on the rise. We have young talent in Tye hill but he isn't enough. Fisher sucks and butler isn't the greatest.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmedrams81 View Post
    our weak pint is or CB's. Atogwe is on the rise. We have young talent in Tye hill but he isn't enough. Fisher sucks and butler isn't the greatest.
    I disagree, when was the last time you looked at the roster. Fakir brown is a starter fisher isn't on the team and butler is in the doghouse. Our nickel back is Ron Bartell who had a great season last year. We also got wade in the draft.

I also don't think safety is the weakest postion. There is allot of potential talent, but not proven talent behind Chavous. Jerome carter has great size and is good in run support, but he is bot experienced. Jon Alston has great SS size and speed, but has never played there. Also if OJ's keeps progressing and his tackling improves i think he can move back to his original position SS and Bartel can move to FS.

DE is definitely the weakest position. Its one of the two positions on the team that has two 30 year old starters (d lineman wear down faster than receivers). With more pressure the safeties look better no matter who is playing.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmedrams81 View Post
    Fisher's not on the team any more and Butler is likely to be gone soon.

Our CBs are: Tye Hill, Fakhir Brown, Ron Bartell, Jonathan Wade, Mike Rumph and Lenny Walls.

The Shredder Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Fisher's not on the team any more and Butler is likely to be gone soon.

Our CBs are: Tye Hill, Fakhir Brown, Ron Bartell, Jonathan Wade, Mike Rumph and Lenny Walls.

Ouch.......Rams need to look at LB and secondary next season.

Actually, I think CB is looking pretty good. Hill made the All-Rookie team and should continue to improve. Brown is solid, though probably best suited as a nickel back. Wade has great potential, as does Bartell. Rumph and Walls are not likely to be key players, but both have good size and could be helpful in certain situations.

Right now, I'd say that the most likely targets for the 2008 draft are WR (due to Bruce and, to some extent, Holt's age) and DE.

Ouch.......Rams need to look at LB and secondary next season.
    We need to see how they perform in 2007 first, then some accurate decisions can be made that aren't based on pure speculation.

The Shredder Guest

The Rams need to look at a CB after June 1st cuts. I will tell you now that Walls SUCKS!!!! and I'm glad he's gone. He has great size (I think he's like 6-4) but thats about it.

The Rams need to look at a CB after June 1st cuts. I will tell you now that Walls SUCKS!!!! and I'm glad he's gone. He has great size (I think he's like 6-4) but thats about it.
    Here we go with the "S" word again. They don't call you "The Shredder" for nothing do they? Since you think we need to "look" at the LB position next year, I suppose Witherspoon and Tinoisamoa suck too.

The Rams need to look at a CB after June 1st cuts.
    No, they don't.

I will tell you now that Walls SUCKS!!!! and I'm glad he's gone. He has great size (I think he's like 6-4) but thats about it.
    Yeah, well that's why he's currently competing with Jeremetrius Butler for the #6 CB spot. Here's a thought: most of the #6 CBs on NFL teams are not all that good.

The Shredder Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    No, they don't.

Yeah, well that's why he's currently competing with Jeremetrius Butler for the #6 CB spot. Here's a thought: most of the #6 CBs on NFL teams are not all that good.
    Butler won't be around too much longer.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

i think its all in Brandon Chillar's hands if we draft a linebacker and even if we do i expect that linebacker in the second round like Shawn Crable 240 and who can be a situational pass rusher. I also think that Drew Bennet is a factor to if we take a receiver now or later.At this point the top reciever on my board who i think will be there when we pick in the late teens is Mario Manigham. At the DE position at that point i like Lawrence Jackson who is slipping or Quentin Groves

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    i think its all in Brandon Chillar's hands if we draft a linebacker
    Good point. "All in Brandon Chillar's hands" as in we'll just have to wait and see what happens. Chillar just may surprise some people if we get any kind of production out of the DL.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast