Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Biggest Weakness on the Team

Quote Originally Posted by The Shredder View Post
    The Rams need to look at a CB after June 1st cuts. I will tell you now that Walls SUCKS!!!! and I'm glad he's gone. He has great size (I think he's like 6-4) but thats about it.
    Our secondary has concerns because Lenny Walls is our 6th CB??? Shredder, you will see as much time in a Rams jersey as Walls will.

You got to understand what Walls was brought in here to do and not do. It's like when Marmie left here and went to Seattle. We were telling our Northwest fans how horrible he was, but it was all moot. He wasn't their DC, he was their Asst. DB coach. He had a very small role in Seattle, so no need for his shortcomings to worry the Hawk fans.

Same thing with Walls. In KC, he was a contributor in the secondary behind Surtain and Law, playing all 16 games, and even starting 2. He won't get that much time in St. Louis, if he makes the roster at all.
    Last edited by HUbison; -05-22-2007 at 11:11 AM.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

bruce4life is offline Registered User

chillar is not as bad as we all think people... he just doesnt make those big plays that we want to see in him... but he is a solid player... our weakness right now on the team would have to depth at runningback... we all like what we see in Brian Leonard but we have no clue what he will do in the NFL... HE COULD BE THE NEXT TRAVIS JERVEY OR THE NEXT MIKE ALSTOTT( im only comparing these running backs because their white).... travis minor is a decent 3rd down back, but what if jackson goes out for a period of time... we do not have a proven running back that we can give the ball 5-10 times a gain and not lose any production.....

The Shredder Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    chillar is not as bad as we all think people...
    Yes he is. LB is a big weakness on this team.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Yes he is. LB is a big weakness on this team.
    Aren't you the guy that stated (accurately) "Everything starts at the Dline on defense"? Just like the DB's, the Ram LB's were forced to try and execute with virtually no help up front at the initial point of attack, which is a recipe for disaster regardless of who you have playing.

I like what we have at the LB position. Witherspoon is a stud, as is a healthy Tinoisamoa. I agree completely with bruce4life that Chillar is not as bad as many think and with half a chance, he can be effective. The addition of Draft only makes the group stronger based on what he was able to do with Carolina.

To say LB is a big weakness on this team is over the top and inaccurate IMO.

The Shredder Guest

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Aren't you the guy that stated (accurately) "Everything starts at the Dline on defense"? Just like the DB's, the Ram LB's were forced to try and execute with virtually no help up front at the initial point of attack, which is a recipe for disaster regardless of who you have playing.

I like what we have at the LB position. Witherspoon is a stud, as is a healthy Tinoisamoa. I agree completely with bruce4life that Chillar is not as bad as many think and with half a chance, he can be effective. The addition of Draft only makes the group stronger based on what he was able to do with Carolina.

To say LB is a big weakness on this team is over the top and inaccurate IMO.
    Everything does start up front in the trenches, anybody who knows anything about football will tell you that. Draft played behind a great DLine in CAR, now he must do more with less in STL. Rams LB's are undersized. There are weaknesses everywhere on this defense even though you have still upgraded at some positions. Depth is a major issue on the interior line. You can't expect Carriker to play every snap. We all know what Kennedy is. Wroten needs to get his feet wet still.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

I a disagree that we dont have depth on the line we added alot of talent in the draft and glover can still play even though it wont be every snap.

I also disagree that our linebackers are small. Look at Zach Thomas his is almost 230 and he has been dominant for years. Look at Takeo Spikes and DJ Williams they are a little over 240 like chillar . Tinoisomoa has good size for a WLB also. Spoon is probably the only one undersized, but that didn't stop him from racking up tackles last year

Everything does start up front in the trenches, anybody who knows anything about football will tell you that. Draft played behind a great DLine in CAR, now he must do more with less in STL. Rams LB's are undersized. There are weaknesses everywhere on this defense even though you have still upgraded at some positions. Depth is a major issue on the interior line. You can't expect Carriker to play every snap. We all know what Kennedy is. Wroten needs to get his feet wet still.
    There are a lot of questions yet to be answered on the Rams defense, no doubt. If the Rams can stay healthy and get production from the DL, the rest of the defense will benefit IMO and we can get an accurate indication of just how effective they can be under reasonable circumstances. As far as our LB's, being undersized doesn't have to be a negative, especially if they aren't forced to make up for what the DL isn't doing.

The Shredder Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    I a disagree that we dont have depth on the line we added alot of talent in the draft and glover can still play even though it wont be every snap.

I also disagree that our linebackers are small. Look at Zach Thomas his is almost 230 and he has been dominant for years. Look at Takeo Spikes and DJ Williams they are a little over 240 like chillar . Tinoisomoa has good size for a WLB also. Spoon is probably the only one undersized, but that didn't stop him from racking up tackles last year
    Your LB's have to have ability and talent as well. What Linehan is doing now is plugging holes with duct tape with signing Hall and Draft. I still think going after Briggs would be wise. Rams defense will be good at somepoint, itll take a few years though. Martz really screwed up in the draft defensively.
    Last edited by The Shredder; -05-22-2007 at 10:42 PM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Hall is a wild card. When healthy, he's been a very productive pass rusher (21.5 sacks in his last 37 games).

Draft had 107 tackles and 5.5 sacks last year.

If that's "duct tape," I wish we had another roll.

The Shredder Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Hall is a wild card. When healthy, he's been a very productive pass rusher (21.5 sacks in his last 37 games).

Draft had 107 tackles and 5.5 sacks last year.

If that's "duct tape," I wish we had another roll.
    Draft also had a helluva Dline to play behind as did Witherspoon however Witherspoon is a great LB in this league.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Draft also had a helluva Dline to play behind as did Witherspoon however Witherspoon is a great LB in this league.
    Huh? Witherspoon played behind the Rams line last year (hardly great). Are you referring to previous years? You lost me, dude.

As for Draft - a good year is a good year. Don't try to qualify it. Besides, when the Rams were reportedly trying to get Kris Jenkins (the anchor in front of Draft last year) everyone was telling us what a down year he had and how he made the Pro Bowl solely on reputation.

Shredder, the bottom line is that you're not going to get away with making off the cuff generalizations here. We know our team (much better than you do, I might add) and will continue to demonatrate your lack of knowledge.

blood85 is offline Registered User

Biggest weakness: Fairweather Fans during the GSOT days and when they win, also Georgia Frontiere.

blood85 is offline Registered User

Also, Give us back the classic Jerseys back, that gold is just plain ugly, looks too close like the SF ******.

Your LB's have to have ability and talent as well. What Linehan is doing now is plugging holes with duct tape with signing Hall and Draft.
    You do realize that Hall is a DE and not a LB, right?

The Shredder Guest

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    You do realize that Hall is a DE and not a LB, right?
    Yes I did know that. You misunderstood the context of my post. I was talking about all around the defensive side of the ball, not just the LB core.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast