Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    The Shredder Guest

Re: Biggest Weakness on the Team

Quote Originally Posted by blood85 View Post
    Biggest weakness: Fairweather Fans during the GSOT days and when they win, also Georgia Frontiere.
    Agreed. Nice post. Dont know much about Frontiere though.

The Shredder Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Huh? Witherspoon played behind the Rams line last year (hardly great). Are you referring to previous years? You lost me, dude.

As for Draft - a good year is a good year. Don't try to qualify it. Besides, when the Rams were reportedly trying to get Kris Jenkins (the anchor in front of Draft last year) everyone was telling us what a down year he had and how he made the Pro Bowl solely on reputation.

Shredder, the bottom line is that you're not going to get away with making off the cuff generalizations here. We know our team (much better than you do, I might add) and will continue to demonatrate your lack of knowledge.
    What I was saying is that Draft played well behind a great Dline. Now he won't get that luxury he had in CAR.

Witherspoon has enough talent in which he can overcome that and still make plays.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by The Shredder View Post
    Yes I did know that. You misunderstood the context of my post.
    Yeah, I'm definitely having trouble with your context and am still trying reconcile these statements:

Quote Originally Posted by The Shredder
    I never said Wesley was sooo good, I think he sucks. Having that said he's better than Chavous. That just says something about the Rams secondary.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shredder
    Even Deion Sanders and (enter another great cover CB) would get burned if they had to cover as long as the Rams secondary does. Everything starts at the Dline on defense.

The Shredder Guest

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Yeah, I'm definitely having trouble with your context and am still trying reconcile these statements:
    I'm not bringing that up again. You know what I mean. Kinda sucks when your secondary lacks talent and also has to cover WR's for days considering the pass rush the Rams have.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm not bringing that up again. You know what I mean. Kinda sucks when your secondary lacks talent and also has to cover WR's for days considering the pass rush the Rams have.
    Sorry, I don't know what you mean, that's the problem. No one here seems to know what you mean half the time. Most of your posts lately are all about explaining what you meant and what your context was.

As far as your statements, you say the secondary sucks, then say any great cover corner would suck if they had to cover as long as the Rams secondary does, then make the assertion that the problem is with the DL? Aren't you contradicting yourself here? It's all very confusing.:x

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

The most glaring weakness evident last year was the interior of the defensive line. Poor play there tends to impact the rest of the defensive unit in a rather fundamental way and ensures that any judgement of the Linbacking and secondary corps has to be tagged with the caveat, "...but their play might improve given improved pressure up front...".

The play of the front four is where it all starts and if we are to improve in any real sense over last year we have to see a real movement here.

Just to echo something GC said earlier, if your defence performs as ordinarily as ours does at times, then a pass defence ranking in the top 10 is a corollary of having an awful run D. Can't separate those two things very easily in my book.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by shredded
    Everything does start up front in the trenches, anybody who knows anything about football will tell you that.
    And sometimes, someone who knows very little about football will hear someone who knows anything about football say it, and simply repeat it.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

What makes you think Atogwe is anything like Ed Reed or could be? Reed was the defensive player of the year a couple seasons ago.
    You are reading something that is not there as I never said Atogwe is anything like Ed Reed. Basically what I said is Reed would make any defense better not just the Rams.
    Sprtsmac :football:

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=The Shredder;173744]
    Quote Originally Posted by sprtsmac View Post

He's still a top 5 safety in the league and is still very young. I wouldn't base his ability on that one game. WAS defense was terrible last season and was night and day im comparison to what they were in the previous season. I know this, I wouldnt wanna be Holt, Bruce, or Bennett or God forbid Dante Hall coming across the middle of the field with Taylor and Landry back there.
    And those are receivers not running backs. The statement before was that Taylor impacted the running game. As a joke I said it was a bad example because of how bad he looked in the Rams game.
    Sprtsmac :football:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456