RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Billick and fans worried about matchup with Ram's this weekend

From Head Coach Brian Billick:

"This is the absolute biggest challenge we’ve had to date, for all the reasons you can imagine. First off, they are a very talented team. They’re a desperate team right now. They are well-coached; Scott Linehan does a great job, as does Jim Haslett. Obviously, when you’re in this league and you’re in that situation, it is a desperate time. And this is as dangerous a circumstance, as dangerous a team as we’ve played so far."

All of the quotes from Raven's fans seem to indicate that they are a very classy bunch. They are shocked at our injury situation and seem to be very sympathetic to what we are going through. Apparently, they have a few injuries of the own, mainly to Ogden and Heap.

Most are surpised that are 10 pt. favorites. They expect the game to be very close ....

Most of the fans over there seem to be very worried about the team's anemic offense and whether or not they'll be able to put up a significant amount of points against us. They are also worried about us tearing this pass defense to shreds. Overall, seems like a very knowledgable fan base.

I still think we can pull this game out but it's going to be a tough one.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: Billick and fans worried about matchup with Ram's this weekend

They will say anything to allow sleeping dogs to stay sleeping. I dont see how you can say we are a "very talented team" without bulger, jackson, bruce and half the offensive line. I think all this is about is not inciting the rams from their slumber. At the end of the day, everyone is always nervous about the trap games because you know that one of these weeks the rams are going to win a game.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    They will say anything to allow sleeping dogs to stay sleeping. I dont see how you can say we are a "very talented team" without bulger, jackson, bruce and half the offensive line. I think all this is about is not inciting the rams from their slumber. At the end of the day, everyone is always nervous about the trap games because you know that one of these weeks the rams are going to win a game.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I don't think Baltimore is considering this a trap game. The Ravens go to Buffalo the following Sunday then have the bye. Billick's no dummy, he's obviously watched the tapes of our games. We could easliy be 3-2 not 0-5.

Also the law of averages say we are overdue for things to go our way. Afterall Baltimore has not been blowing anyone away. They beat the (1-4) Jets by 7 at home, they beat the Tards by 3 at home and squeaked by the Whiners by 2 on the road.

The Tards game was the beginning of the Leinart/Warner shuffle. Warner torched the Ravens. Billick has good reason to be concerned IMO.

:r

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I can remember (yes, remember not heard about) the 1976/1977 Buccaneers. They were the most feared team in pro football. The Bucs were 0-26 to start their franchise and everyone was afraid they would be the first team to lose to the Bucs.

Our team has been in a position to win some games this year but just like Buffalo a couple of nights ago we were not able to close out.

We have every reason to hope this is the week we can get turned around and get back to our winning ways. Well maybe back to a .500 season for the resident pessimists
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

I agree completely GC, they are trying to not awake the sleeping giant.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I can understand why this thread was posted, it gives us Ram fans a little more hope. Which is a good thing, by the way.

But in all honesty, what is Billick supposed to say? I can imagine that the question was posed to him by the local beat reporters something like this; "So Bill, this game against the lame-duck Rams should be an easy one. Do you expect your team to roll over these guys? How do you get your guys up for a patsie game like this?" Bill simply responded the way any HC would to keep his guys focused and cover his azz in case we do beat them. (and by the way, I think we CAN beat them, even with one-arm tied behind our back)

It would have been really news-worthy if his responses would have been something like this; "yeah, we should have no problem with these guys. Afterall, they couldn't even beat the Whiners or Cardinals at home, so why should we have any problem with them in our house? We'll crush the hapless Rams on Sunday. They pose absolutely no threat to the Baltimore Ravens, that's why we're a 10 point favorite. Oh, and their HC is an idiot and Haslett is a baffoon."
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Sounds like Billick is channeling Lou Holtz.

For those that don't know Holtz is infamous for talking up bad teams to his players.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I think it's amusing how often the most positive comments about the team this year are coming from our opponents.

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

The thing about the ravens is that despite all their talent on defense, there is only ne guy on that team i would hate to play against. And thats little Corey Ivy. I dont know why we let him go, but the guy is a turnover machine at the nickle position.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Baltimore is suffering from the same ailment that New Orleans, Seattle, and Chicago are suffering from: Fecal Performance (also known as crappy playing). Before the season started, I thought this week's game would be one of a handful the Rams would lose. Now, I am not so sure. This could be one of those games that could go either way.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    The thing about the ravens is that despite all their talent on defense, there is only ne guy on that team i would hate to play against. And thats little Corey Ivy. I dont know why we let him go, but the guy is a turnover machine at the nickle position.
    Yeah. I loved Corey Ivy. He was motivated and passionate. He made the highlight film recently with a big play, stipping the ball away from somebody if I remember right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

NEVER put too much stock in what your opponents say. Would you actually encourage your opponent to FIRE someone and get a more compotent individual? Or would you incourage your opponent to keep their weakest link so as you can beat them?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I agree with laram0, regardless of how Billick is being interpreted, he has to be a bit concerned after watching his team fail to score any TD's in a struggle against the whiners and seeing the Rams offense show some signs of life. I'm thinking the timing could be just about right for an upset.