goganious is offline Registered User

Question Bills fan here with some questions, I come in peace...

Good evening Rams fans. I come in peace and not to bash or troll. I am a lifelong Buffalo Bills fan (tiring as that sounds). As you may or may not have heard, the Bills have just hired Steve Fairchild as their offensive coordinater and Bill Kollar (sp?) as their defensive line coach.

I was wondering if you, the fans, could give me some intelligent, specific details about what Bills fans can expect from Fairchild's offense, and if possible, what we can expect from Kollar as well.

I realize Fairchild had somewhat limited duties under Martz, but just how big WAS his role? and how did he do when he took over?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Heres to successful 07 seasons for both the Rams and the Bills!

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Bills fan here with some questions, I come in peace...

Fairchild is like Martz. He is pass happy and once it works it will stay pass happy teh whole game. If the Running works he will run 15-20 times and throw 30. And Kollar wasn't that good actually sorry man. We had 3 DTs in the first round a few years ago, Damione Lewis, Ryan Pickett and Jimmy Kennedy and only Pickett has shown something.
    RamsFan16

RealRam is offline Registered User

1. Old school disciplinarian -- at least in terms of a Drill Sargeant. Likes to keep his men on their toes and yells at them until they get on their toes (sometimes hard for 285 / 300 lb. men).

2. Next poster:

RealRam is offline Registered User

And BTW, Welcome to the Clan.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

I dont think Bill Kollar had much of a chance under Marmie's system,I would like to see what he can do somewhere else.Just like Bobby April,once he got out from under Martz's wing he was great, is great.Wish we had him back under linehan.

Pretty much the same with Fairchild,Maybe he'll be better with a head coach that will have some veto power during the game and not take all of his recomendations.Good luck with these guys I will be interested in how they perform.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

It's hard to accurately judge Fairchild because he was more or less a figure head at OC until a few games into this season. With Martz' medical problems, Fairchild was handed the reins by default and in all honesty, he did not impress. His play calling was erratic, ineffective and he often seemed lost and unsure of how to work within the flow of a game.

In his defense, this was his first opportunity to call plays and he was working with no continuity at QB, WR, TE or OL. Can he improve in Buffalo? That remains to be seen, but anything is possible. Martz obviously saw something in him for whatever that's worth.

chiguy is offline Registered User

Fairchild was wholly unimpressive. Ready yourself for a lot of moments where you're sitting in front of the t.v., scratching your head and mumbling, "Shouldn't McGhee be getting the ball like 25 times a game?????"

Kollar had his ups and downs. He did his best work with guys who were undersized, motivation-based players. Wistrom, Little, DeMarco Farr, Bryan Young (this is like the third name I've called this guy today...someone needs to correct me). OTOH, we've invested a lot of high picks in the DT slot and didn't get much production out of them -- Lewis, Pickett (who was very good this year), Kennedy, and Hargrove at DE. There are good reasons why the underachievers didn't pan out (Lewis had injury issues, Hargrove is inexperienced, etc.). So, my sense is that Kollar is above average and is capable of doing a good job. Be prepared for lots of swearing at training camp.

goganious is offline Registered User

thank you guys for your replies. The fans over at the Bills message board have gotten a bit ahead of themselves and are already calling Fairchild the "offensive saviour" for the Bills. perhaps some of your insights will bring them back down to earth.

Welker83 is offline Registered User

Nothing will Bring Jills fans back to earth....

Till you get an O-line it doesnt matter who calls the plays... in half a season fairchild went through 3 QB's... so i am willing to give him a pass on this season. BUT i do know that he is pass happy and likes to ride trends... If something is working he sticks with it till the D stops them...
    And it looked like such a good day...