Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: A Bit of Patience

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: A Bit of Patience

[QUOTE=macrammer;398689]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    In my opinion, the drops are on the players. The penalties - at this point in the season - are as much on the players as they are on the new offense, the lack of time we've had to install the new offense and the coaching staff.

The lack of competitiveness stems from these problems.

BBQ, was wondering what your stance was with Linehan after this first two years? In your remark above you seem to give the coaching staff a hall pass. IMO, the coaching staff owns the lionshare of lack of fundamental prowess.

As you know Rams org has been in toilet since 1990, save for a few glorious years that were just awesome. But, of the past 22 years, we have been on the losing end 17 of those years. Based on this alone, my patience is very thin.

FYI....I am not an advocate of dumping Spags.... at this point. Starting over seems daunting. But, based on what I see on the field, the clock must be ticking. IMO, the only that saves spags is a turnaround in football 101 and some wins.

The wildcard here is our new owner. I am wildly optimistic that Stan will make sure we have nothing but a good product on the field for years to come ala Rosenbloom.
    the coaching staff owns the lionshare of lack of fundamental prowess.
    When you draft three rookies noted for great hands and they all get a case of the drops, I would say that's a rookie being a rookie more then a coach not teaching fundamental on how to catch a football. IMO
    As you know Rams org has been in toilet since 1990, save for a few glorious years
    You are hard core if you are saying going to two SB and the Greatest show was a few glorious years. I will say this, the Rams FO did not know how to handle the success... Today most fans want to fire our head coach, back then our coach walked away from us.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    In my opinion, the drops are on the players. The penalties - at this point in the season - are as much on the players as they are on the new offense, the lack of time we've had to install the new offense and the coaching staff.

The lack of competitiveness stems from these problems.
    No, the penalties don't come from having a new offense, they come from a lack of discipline. And if the drops are 100% on the players, then why do we have receivers who can't catch?

The lack of competitiveness comes from a lack of passion and heart from players and coaches alike.

macrammer is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=Rambos;398691]
    Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post

When you draft three rookies noted for great hands and they all get a case of the drops, I would say that's a rookie being a rookie more then a coach not teaching fundamental on how to catch a football. IMO

You are hard core if you are saying going to two SB and the Greatest show was a few glorious years. I will say this, the Rams FO did not know how to handle the success... Today most fans want to fire our head coach, back then our coach walked away from us.

For me, the lack of fundamentals is not the drops but the penalties and poor tackling. BTW, if I understand Spags coaching philosophy correctly, this is a cornerstone for him. While it does ultimatley fall on players to perform, spags would not be first HC in the history of the NFL to be under the gun as HC for lack of performance on the field by his team.

And I am hard core Ram fan, thanks! .... we have had horrible run for many years and we have not been in the upper echelon CONSISTENTLY for most of the time since 1990. This needs to change. Do we have the right ingredients to head this way? So far in 2011, I say no. But, interesting to see how team responds out of the bye. Wait and see i the only thing we can really do.

I put this on FO and owner, hence my comment on Stan. I was never a Georgia fan, thought she ruined the Ram tradition. I was Ram fan during Rosenbloom days and saw an owner that was a winner and cared about Ram tradition. I am hopeful that stan is a lot like Carroll. We shall see.
    Last edited by macrammer; -10-12-2011 at 01:44 PM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

St. Louis
    Take it slow
    Things will be just fine
    All you need is just a little
    Patience

mh-i is offline Registered User

The reason the Rams are losing is because they're playing decent teams this season. We aren't as good as the teams we've played so far. Not even close. We're not splitting an atom here. Hopefully this year's mess will net us an easy schedule next season so we can regroup.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12