Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Black Monday

This Martz thing has left me with a huge rock in my stomach. I have such a bad feeling about this whole thing it makes me sick. I personally liked the guy and defended him to the hill. This team is and will be in utter disarray if he steps down for good. I have a bad feeling about the fall out from this.

This could be the worse news I have heard concerning Rams football since I heard they were trading Dickerson to the Colts. A sad day indeed.

thoey is offline Registered User

Re: Black Monday

Wraith, I understand your pain. It is definitely not good news at this time of the year.

The pain you are describing is the same pain some of us felt during the last two years with Martz and Warner (I didn't say Bulgar as I don't believe he was a part of it, just got to reap the rewards).
    This space for rent...

ButterCup8119 Guest

This is a sad day for Rams football.
    We have lost the man who has kept this franchise successful and at this point it is doubtful he will ever return. Many of our veteran players who see the team falling apart could possibly retire after this year, and things could get even uglier.
    More than anything, I hope that Mike Martz gets better and enjoys the rest of his life with his family. I think that everyone can agree on that. Sometimes we all lose sight of what is important and that is understandable because we all love this team. However, when a man has a family that loves him, they should come first. I believe that Mike Martz will be much happier recovering at home without the added stress of the soap opera in the FO.
    He will be missed dearly and I hope that as his fans, we will still get updates on how he is.
    It will be a long road for his replacement.

StRams Guest

I agree in the fact that Martz is something special and the GSOT would never have existed without him.

I also want to say that I too have defended him with a passion amongst friends of mine. I think He is what made this team different..however...

I also believe that their comes a time when a change needs to be made. I dont think that getting rid of Mike is the change that I wanted, but something was going to have to change.

I have to look at facts, and most of that comes from observation. The fact is that our complex offense was becoming predictable. The plays themselves may not be, but the overall game plan was.

Outsiders have told me that the big difference in the Rams the last couple games has been a complete change in predictability. We are running on passing downs...our offense is adjusting to what the other team is giving us. Teams stack the line, we throw underneath. The Defense backs up, we run...We get them confused, and we go deep.

Has anyone ever wondered as you watch the NFL on sundays why whenever we get a big play down field most of the time we are imediatly wrapped up? Back in the day of the GSOT our RAC was huge..now we get completions, but are instantly taken down.

Its because the D knows its coming.

I watch other teams with not nearly our talent have big plays, and their recievers always seems to have tons of room to run after the catch. We have become to predictable, and Its mikes reluctance to change that has caused it.

Now, I was hoping that Mike would come back, and continue to come up with incredible offensive plays to stymie defneses, and fairchild would continue to call the game...now that would be the perfect combo. Let Mike coach the game, but let someone else whos removed from the offensive designs to use those plays in a more timely matter.

Besides, Vitt seems to have the defense playing well. I truley believe he is responsible for the adjustments that is allowing the Dfense to play better.

Guys, I love Mike, but after two-three years of the same thing over and over somethings gotta change, I guess I was just hoping Martz would have changed.

I think when Marc and company come back, we are going to see a really precise offense that is anything but predictable.

JMO

general counsel is offline Registered User

I think martz will be back next year. ziggy has crossed the line, his behavior, now public, will bite him in the butt. what is 100% clear is that shaw now MUST get rid of one of them. martz is owed 5 million, ziggy has no contract. the players love martz. ziggy is the contract negotiator and cap master, something that avenger andi can take over from him, along with the help of the Big Bison to kick the butts of anyone that wont accept our gracious and professional terms. All kidding aside, i think it is ziggy, not martz, that is gone.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

talkstoangels61 Guest

Who ever is at fault for the teams demise needs to be fired! Period!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Martz won't be back, too much bad blood in the front office. However, how does this reflect back to the players? If the front office doesn't have the HC's back, how in the wide world of sports should the players feel that the FO has their back? The players love playing for Martz, at least this group does. So, if they love playing for Martz, and the FO doesn't want Martz, then should they be looking over their collective shoulders also?

maineram Guest

All the way around...SAD, SAD, SAD
    The Rams are my team, through thick and thin, through moving to another City, through hostile takeovers by upper management..they are my team.

Long live the Horns !!!!

Maineram - :tut :tut

LDJOHN55 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by maineram
    All the way around...SAD, SAD, SAD
    The Rams are my team, through thick and thin, through moving to another City, through hostile takeovers by upper management..they are my team.

Long live the Horns !!!!

Maineram - :tut :tut
    Here, here!!! I'll buy that for a Dollar!
    I stuck with the Cardinals when they left home and were sold off into 'slavery.' I wondered and watched the horizon for some sign of a team coming down the road and passing through that silver Arch. Year after year, season after season until it happened. I have been so hyped for a team and would rationalize that it was better to have a team and enjoy the 'how you played the game' attitude that be a city without one. Now if the St. Louis Rams are sold off, that's it for football for me. Why??? Cause it just ain't right! The horra and the pain would be too much for me to bear.

Do you know how much hair I lost when I thought that Baron Davis and the Hornets were coming to the STL? I can't take the drama!

Anyway, Coach Martz was prone to predictable patterns. Every since (was it?) Belecik punched us in the mouth and stole that SuperBowl from us. His plays are fantastic, but they cost too much of a toll on the players. I liked his attitude, and when/if he returns maybe he'll be the better from this lesson of how to mix it up and still win.

Anybody think that we get a better break on calls from the REFS with Coach Vitt or was it a fluke?

ldjohn55
    :clanram:

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Martz won't be back, too much bad blood in the front office. However, how does this reflect back to the players?
    I predict the first manifestation of this being are inability to re-sign our FA. If I were coming up on my contract year, and had to witness what businessmen were doing to my coach, I'd probably bolt. I guess we'll see in the offseason. We may not have to worry about cap problems, cause we may not have a FA that WANTS to come back here.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RealRam is offline Registered User

I liked his attitude, and when/if he returns maybe he'll be the better from this lesson of how to mix it up and still win. --LDJohn55
    RamWraith, yes indeed, Black Monday. :tut

I hope the quote above will become fulfilled in the affirmative. And that when he returns, he will be a better HC, better accepted by the Rams fans too.

general counsel is offline Registered User

This team is built around martz. it reflects his personality for better or worse. if we lose the coach, i think there will be some serious overhaul rebuilding required.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RamsFan16 Guest

Yes this is black monday. Well it is every monday for me cause school starts for the week. Just kidding. But yea this definetly hasn't been good.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LDJOHN55
    Anybody think that we get a better break on calls from the REFS with Coach Vitt or was it a fluke?
    Nope, not better in my mind. I could not believe how many times the Rams D had them stopped and penalties let the Saints back in. I don't know if I should blame the players for sloppy play, or the officials for keeping it interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFan16 Guest

I wouldn't say we got better because on one of those holding calls on Groce he just tapped him. But I guess its your opinion.I think the Refs are bias against us though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast