Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Black Monday

I am agreeing with you 16. We did not get better calls this week.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFan16 Guest

Thank you UtterBlitz. Well actually. We got ONE better one. That interception by Furrey. I forgot about that.

rebel13 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Martz won't be back, too much bad blood in the front office. However, how does this reflect back to the players? If the front office doesn't have the HC's back, how in the wide world of sports should the players feel that the FO has their back? The players love playing for Martz, at least this group does. So, if they love playing for Martz, and the FO doesn't want Martz, then should they be looking over their collective shoulders also?
    Not to worry, they have been looking over their shoulder ever since they witnessed Martz's treatment of their 2 time MVP and Super Bowl MVP Kurt Warner!!! They realize that if he turned on Kurt, he will eventually turn on them.

rebel13 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    I predict the first manifestation of this being are inability to re-sign our FA. If I were coming up on my contract year, and had to witness what businessmen were doing to my coach, I'd probably bolt. I guess we'll see in the offseason. We may not have to worry about cap problems, cause we may not have a FA that WANTS to come back here.
    Am I missing something?? Haven't our best players been leaving for the last 4 years? Hakim, Fletcher, Proehl, Conwell, Our two right tackles, (prior to St. Clair) etc. And what top flight players have we signed? two mediocre linebackers??

theodus69 Guest

That's a good point! Manny TE was the reason we lost conwell. Big mistake. Martz has been coaching in 99' and he has a whole different team, To me that's no genious just a guy living in the past! Bulger has a chronic shoulder injury that we have not seen the last of. So do we go for a real QB in the draft? I like Fitzpatrick. Wish they would let him play , it ain't like Martin has a chance to be the team savior!

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Ugh... I'm with ya, Jason, reading all this crap just sucked the wind out of me. This would be a huge shift for the team and its "organization", and I'm afraid the earthquake resulting from it will be very, very ugly.

majorram is offline Registered User

I agree too, this is one sad crappy day, there is more to this than meets the eye, leadership comes from the very top and I wonder what the players are feeling about this situation???, the media are going to dig this story up all dam year!!

steve:clanram:

majorram is offline Registered User

will someone please get rid of Ziggy!!! Shaw are you listening:down:

steve

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rebel13
    Not to worry, they have been looking over their shoulder ever since they witnessed Martz's treatment of their 2 time MVP and Super Bowl MVP Kurt Warner!!! They realize that if he turned on Kurt, he will eventually turn on them.
    Actually, KW lost the locker room also, but we won't get into that for the umpteenth time rebel. It will be nice though when you finally come to the conclusion that Warner is/was washed up at the time. He's proven it, you just still refuse to see it.

Anyway, HowardB says he doubts if Martz ever returns to coach in STL again. Those of you wanting Martz gone will get your wish, along with Faulk and Bruce walking away next year also.

Yodude is offline Registered User

The players love playing for Martz, at least this group does. So, if they love playing for Martz, and the FO doesn't want Martz, then should they be looking over their collective shoulders also?
    Well, here's their collective chance to prove it.

Here's what I'd like to see.

The team, as a group, roll up their sleeves and go to work. They eliminate their lack of focus, sloppy play, and stupid penalties and mental breakdowns. They make a serious playoff run and use this Martz situation as a rallying point and dedicate the season to Mad Mike.

This is Martz's team and his coaching staff...if they make an unmistakeable statement with their performance throughout the rest of the season, maybe they can have some direct influence on Martz's future with this organization. Martz has had his players back for the most part during his tenure here, not it's time to see if the players have his back.

At the least, if by some miracle of fate they can go all the way after all this turmoil, they can scream a collective "f#^& you" to Shaw and Zygmunt by showing that Martz's team and Martz coaches did it Martz's way.

It's amazing what motivation and a good cause can sometimes do for you. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

rebel13 Guest

Actually, KW lost the locker room also, but we won't get into that for the umpteenth time rebel. It will be nice though when you finally come to the conclusion that Warner is/was washed up at the time. He's proven it, you just still refuse to see it.

Anyway, HowardB says he doubts if Martz ever returns to coach in STL again. Those of you wanting Martz gone will get your wish, along with Faulk and Bruce walking away next year also.
    I can live with Kurt getting old and fading away. I just couldn't live with an underachiever like Mike Martz forcing Kurt out. I am rejoicing at the departure of this bum, not to vindicate me or to prove my position, but rather at the possibility of replacing him with someone capable of running a team in an intelligent manner. And building a winner, not dismantling one.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I can live with Kurt getting old and fading away. I just couldn't live with an underachiever like Mike Martz forcing Kurt out. I am rejoicing at the departure of this bum, not to vindicate me or to prove my position, but rather at the possibility of replacing him with someone capable of running a team in an intelligent manner. And building a winner, not dismantling one.
    54-33.

Even if you don't miss Martz, the Rams will. You'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by tx
    HowardB says he doubts if Martz ever returns to coach in STL again.
    There's another punch to the gut. Balzer is by far my most trusted Ram media source.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Disco Man
    There's another punch to the gut. Balzer is by far my most trusted Ram media source.
    Hang on Disco....let it play out. Howard is not going to know the whole story or the potential developments. He only knows what is happening now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rampete Guest

...the possibility of replacing him with someone capable of running a team in an intelligent manner. And building a winner, not dismantling one.

yeah, i can see that happening real soon...

shaw and co are reknown for their straight forward dealings and the uncanny capacity to immerse in unison with all members of its staff....no doubt, the top HC candidates will be stampering to provide their leadership to this organization for years to come...

almost forgot, georgia is one of the finest owners in this league whose symbiotic relationship with shaw is the envy and toast of this league and its owners...

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by rebel
    Am I missing something??
    Yes.
    Haven't our best players been leaving for the last 4 years?
    No...Pace, Bruce, Faulk, Holt, Little and Bulger are all still here.
    Hakim, Fletcher, Proehl, Conwell, Our two right tackles, (prior to St. Clair) etc.
    With the glaring exception of Fletcher, all have been successfully replaced, including Warner.
    And what top flight players have we signed?
    Notice my original post was about re-signing our own FAs. So my answer would be Pace, Bruce, Holt, Bulger, and Faulk just to name a few.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast