Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: BLACK MONDAY is coming!!

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

BLACK MONDAY is coming!!

Tomorrow is the day,i wish i could say its been fun but its been pretty painful and disappointing.SPags will most likely get the axe tomorrow to the dismay of some people on here but to the delight of majority ,me being one of them.I dont know who will be our next HC but as long as its not Spags i will be happy.How do you guys feel about this joyous day ever so close.The City/Fans/SJ/Team all deserve a coach that knows how to win Spags couldnt cut it, its time to move on.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Bing69 is offline Registered User

Re: BLACK MONDAY is coming!!

Keep Spags, lose the whinging fans.....

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I am ready to move on... but I won't be pissed if they keep Spags.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

I'm guessing he'll be joined by Norv Turner and Raheem Morris, am I missing anyone?

LARAM is offline Registered User

Give Spags one more year.
    Bing69 likes this.

bradwill is offline Registered User

I want Devaney gone more than spags, but I see absolutely no reason to keep Spags as HC either at this point unless Kroenke wants to leave that option open for the man taking Devaney's place.

1-15, 7-9, and 2-14. Pathetic. I don't care about the injuries, the mess that was inherited from the Linehan fiasco....you get paid for results, not excuses. The results are pathetic and that is what matters, not every excuse under the sun for being an uncompetitive football team with a lack of talent.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bing69 View Post
    Yeah man, losing is fun.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Yeah, what is wrong with us? We should all be satisifed with the 10-38 record. Come on . Geez. Don't complain about being perverbial NFL doormat, accept it and just chill.
    THOLTFAN81 and 39WillRunYaOva like this.

Im not saying we accept losing, im as annoyed as anybody, but i dont see how firing Spags (who has the full support of the team) and McD (in his first season with no off season to impliment his system) is automatically going to make us a good team. What if the new coach continues to lose? We just going to keep clearing house year on year, without keeping faith in anyone.

People on these boards want Bradford to stay in a system to continue to grow, why not keep him in McDs system at least for another year, the D is nice, a few more pieces to help the run defence and its a nice D.

Spags and McD 1 more year left on each contract, make or break next season, does no-one else at least see the potential in this.....

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Faith doesn't win football games man. No, hiring a new head coach doesn't automatically make us a good team, no one ever said that. Hiring a new head coach, a REAL Head Coach could eventually lead to us being a better team. Its no for sure thing. But come on, the odds of that happening are a lot better than Spagnuolo suddenly just magically learning how to be a good Head Coach. These guys are jokes man.

Do you know what the point of professional sports is? No, its not about the spirit of competition. Its about making money. Loser joke organizations don't make money. At least probably not the money Kroenke wants. Who the hell is going to want to buy a ticket to see the loser "one more chance spags" Rams next year? No one. The people of St. Louis have a World Champion in the Cardinals, and the interest in the Rams is understandably low. The team has been historically bad the past 5 years. Again, what makes you think faith is going to change that?
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

Im not saying we accept losing, im as annoyed as anybody, but i dont see how firing Spags (who has the full support of the team) and McD (in his first season with no off season to impliment his system) is automatically going to make us a good team. What if the new coach continues to lose? We just going to keep clearing house year on year, without keeping faith in anyone.

People on these boards want Bradford to stay in a system to continue to grow, why not keep him in McDs system at least for another year, the D is nice, a few more pieces to help the run defence and its a nice D.

Spags and McD 1 more year left on each contract, make or break next season, does no-one else at least see the potential in this.....
    I see the potential. And i wouldnt be mad if spags is kept just on the basis that he hasnt lost the team and no matter what every thinks of him he is a clear cut leader. Hell you have to be if people still fight for you at 10 and 38. Leadership is the number 1 quality of any person in charge no matter if its on a sports field or the office place. But Devanny absolutely has to go his personnel decisions have not been good.

Also i think we are a few key players away from being a playoff contender or playoff team. And this team can be turned around in a offseason pending health also. A play making reciever, linebacker, returner, and a couple of linemen and we are in there, just like in 99 (not saying we will goto a sb though)
    Last edited by Fastcat; -01-01-2012 at 08:20 PM.

SotaRam is offline Registered User

I say keep Spags one more year. I don't see another head coach coming in and changing anything in 1-2 years.

I have no logical answer for you. I just have faith in the potential Spags and McD have.

Yes it is about money, and sure bringing in a new head coach will fix that short term and bring some excitement to the place. Also imagine if the rams start off next season with a few nice wins, wont that get peoples attention, bring them butts back to the seats? I still seen a good crowd at the home games this year, even through the losing, i can see no reason why real fans wont show up....

Odds wise, id rather take a chance on another year of Spags and co. than Fisher or Gruden....

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

I understand your point Bing. Im one of the few not on the fire Mcd wagon. i think with a full offseason and some new talent brought it would do wonders. I want nothing more then Bradford to grow in the same system and not a new one every year.

Now, i disagree with Spags though. yes the players are still playing hard. as was shown today against the *****. but, i will point out the record. the worst in rams history, and i believe 2nd worst in nfl history for HC's who were in charge 20+.

He also calls some bone headed calls. doesnt realize its 4th and 1. shows no balls. does not hold anyone accountable for there mistakes. As a defensive mastermind, how do we have the worst run defense in the nfl? our DT's and DE's arnt on IR. yes i know our secondary has takin a vaca on the IR, but when a coach who plays by building from the trenches, hes sure hasnt done that.

Spags is a great guy, great DC and has a good HC mentality, but at this point in his career, he is not ready to be HC. he needs to go back to being a DC for 3-5 years. after that i can see him getting a 2nd chance at a HC job and doing better then his first stint.

It doesnt matter if the players still play hard if there not coached right.

He needs to go

P.A.S.S.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Rams will fire coach Steve Spagnuolo and GM Billy Devaney, per team source.
    #ESPN

-Chris Mortensen
    THOLTFAN81 and 39WillRunYaOva like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast