Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: BLACK MONDAY is coming!!

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: BLACK MONDAY is coming!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bing69 View Post
    Im not saying we accept losing, im as annoyed as anybody, but i dont see how firing Spags (who has the full support of the team) and McD (in his first season with no off season to impliment his system) is automatically going to make us a good team. What if the new coach continues to lose? We just going to keep clearing house year on year, without keeping faith in anyone.

People on these boards want Bradford to stay in a system to continue to grow, why not keep him in McDs system at least for another year, the D is nice, a few more pieces to help the run defence and its a nice D.

Spags and McD 1 more year left on each contract, make or break next season, does no-one else at least see the potential in this.....
    and if he starts out 0-6 what happens then,another season down the toilet,he has had 3 seasons to prove his worth and he has produced a whole 10 wins,nice guy but time for a change
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I take no pleasure in watching two men get canned. To the contrary, a part of me is saddened that two guys I thought would be a part of turning this thing around once and for all were unsuccessful. But in a results-driven business, a 2-14 season is not acceptable after a promising 7-9 campaign the year before, despite the adverse circumstances. It's as simple as that. Very, very few coaches and general managers get that kind of latitude in taking a huge step backward and still keeping their jobs. No one can reasonably take issue with Spags and Billy being dismissed. 10-38 speaks for itself.

macrammer is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I take no pleasure in watching two men get canned. To the contrary, a part of me is saddened that two guys I thought would be a part of turning this thing around once and for all were unsuccessful. But in a results-driven business, a 2-14 season is not acceptable after a promising 7-9 campaign the year before, despite the adverse circumstances. It's as simple as that. Very, very few coaches and general managers get that kind of latitude in taking a huge step backward and still keeping their jobs. No one can reasonably take issue with Spags and Billy being dismissed. 10-38 speaks for itself.
    I guess I am hardcore. I do care if my neighbor loses his job. he has a family to support and he makes 125K per year. Another job at his level is not easy to come by.

I have no real feelings for a guy that will get another job the day after he loses his HC position. His salary alone constitutes a lifestyle most of us could only dream about. He failed and miserably at that, as the HC for the Rams. I personally like the guy but what the heck. i like the Rams much more. He lasted 3 years, more then most.

The owner needs to get this right though. Anything less then .500 (IMO) next year will be possibly looked upon as a failure to new HC. Stability, talent and better conditioning needs to take place NOW.

Harry S. Truman is offline Registered User

As of this point, it appears that St. Louis, Miami, Kansas City, Tampa Bay and Jacksonville will be conducting coaching searches this off season. KC could conceivably take the interim tag from Crennell and give him the full time gig, as the Chiefs played much more disciplined football under him after he replaced Haley and frankly the AFC West sucks to the point where they could make the playoffs again next year with some bounces in their favor and a real QB behind center (thus why I quietly have them as a sleeper to trade up for Luck or RGIII).

As for other coaches that could possibly be on some hot ice, it wouldn't stun me if Dallas whacks Garrett if the Pokes miss the playoffs, in spite of his public statement to the contrary. You know Jerreh, he's one to change his mind at the drop of the hat and if.Dallas loses tonight, I almost expect Jones to drop the axe. I also wonder aloud how secure Chan Gailey's job in Buffalo is. The Bills looked like world bearers to start the season but minus one revival week against Denver REALLY crapped the bed down the stretch. I also expect Leslie Frazier to get one more year in Minnesota, but it wouldn't blow me out of the water to see the Vikes give him the heave ho either.

Bing69 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    I understand your point Bing. Im one of the few not on the fire Mcd wagon. i think with a full offseason and some new talent brought it would do wonders. I want nothing more then Bradford to grow in the same system and not a new one every year.

Now, i disagree with Spags though. yes the players are still playing hard. as was shown today against the *****. but, i will point out the record. the worst in rams history, and i believe 2nd worst in nfl history for HC's who were in charge 20+.

He also calls some bone headed calls. doesnt realize its 4th and 1. shows no balls. does not hold anyone accountable for there mistakes. As a defensive mastermind, how do we have the worst run defense in the nfl? our DT's and DE's arnt on IR. yes i know our secondary has takin a vaca on the IR, but when a coach who plays by building from the trenches, hes sure hasnt done that.

Spags is a great guy, great DC and has a good HC mentality, but at this point in his career, he is not ready to be HC. he needs to go back to being a DC for 3-5 years. after that i can see him getting a 2nd chance at a HC job and doing better then his first stint.

It doesnt matter if the players still play hard if there not coached right.

He needs to go

P.A.S.S.
    Nothing i can disagree with here.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Harry S. Truman View Post
    As of this point, it appears that St. Louis, Miami, Kansas City, Tampa Bay and Jacksonville will be conducting coaching searches this off season. KC could conceivably take the interim tag from Crennell and give him the full time gig, as the Chiefs played much more disciplined football under him after he replaced Haley and frankly the AFC West sucks to the point where they could make the playoffs again next year with some bounces in their favor and a real QB behind center (thus why I quietly have them as a sleeper to trade up for Luck or RGIII).

As for other coaches that could possibly be on some hot ice, it wouldn't stun me if Dallas whacks Garrett if the Pokes miss the playoffs, in spite of his public statement to the contrary. You know Jerreh, he's one to change his mind at the drop of the hat and if.Dallas loses tonight, I almost expect Jones to drop the axe. I also wonder aloud how secure Chan Gailey's job in Buffalo is. The Bills looked like world bearers to start the season but minus one revival week against Denver REALLY crapped the bed down the stretch. I also expect Leslie Frazier to get one more year in Minnesota, but it wouldn't blow me out of the water to see the Vikes give him the heave ho either.
    You left out a big one: Norv Turner will be gone in San Diego.

Harry S. Truman is offline Registered User

I'm surprised I did overlook that glaring obvious one.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bing69 View Post
    Im not saying we accept losing, im as annoyed as anybody, but i dont see how firing Spags (who has the full support of the team) and McD (in his first season with no off season to impliment his system) is automatically going to make us a good team. What if the new coach continues to lose? We just going to keep clearing house year on year, without keeping faith in anyone.

People on these boards want Bradford to stay in a system to continue to grow, why not keep him in McDs system at least for another year, the D is nice, a few more pieces to help the run defence and its a nice D.

Spags and McD 1 more year left on each contract, make or break next season, does no-one else at least see the potential in this.....
    The "contract year" myth is just that. A myth. There is no correlation with the imminence of termination and sudden miraculous improvement on the job.

As for why everyone should be purged, it's the best way to go about this rebuild for the future. We've probably hurt ourselves a lot by giving some guys another chance and not others. Get the GM, have the GM bring in the coaches, and just maybe we might spare ourselves some front office infighting (or do you honestly think new GM "X" will behave amicably with Spags or new GM "X" and coach "Y" would get along swimmingly with McD?)
    macrammer likes this.

turbofargo is offline Registered User

The three years have been horrid. I am torn of giving him one more year. Wasn't it til Vermeil's fifth year that we turned it around? I think Spags temperment might not be the best thing for a young underachieving team. They need a Gruden style coach who isn't going to take crap and hold all accountable. We need some chucky stares!!!

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Goodbye Spags good riddance!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

SavageRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by turbofargo View Post
    The three years have been horrid. I am torn of giving him one more year. Wasn't it til Vermeil's fifth year that we turned it around? I think Spags temperment might not be the best thing for a young underachieving team. They need a Gruden style coach who isn't going to take crap and hold all accountable. We need some chucky stares!!!
    Dick Vermeil was HC here for only three seasons.

Giving someone a fourth year after seeing them win only ten times in the first three seasons would be unprecedented... especially in today's high priced, results oriented NFL.
    Fettmaster likes this.

denverram is offline Registered User

For those of you who think a HC does not matter that much, see John Fox in Denver. 1st year coach, no training camp, team with no positve momentum, a team that was supposed to be as bad as any in the NFL, directed them to a 8-8 record with a qb who can't through. That my friends is what coaching can do. Design a play book for the talent you have and stick to the plan.

Jeff Fisher is my number 1 choice
    SavageRam likes this.

turbofargo is offline Registered User

I stand corrected. I wasn't sure, I thought I had heard that. Guess I could have done research. It is a shame though, granted no excuses, however it does take time to turn a franchise around. We did do fairly well last year. Curious as to see how it turned out had the team not been plagued with injuries and a full training camp. What I heard and saw all year long was lack of discipline, focus, game plan, which leads to the head coach. I like the guy, but feel might be better too move on. Tired of looking at mock drafts to see who the Rams might get for pick one or two year after year as the highlight of the season.

SavageRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by denverram View Post
    For those of you who think a HC does not matter that much, see John Fox in Denver. 1st year coach, no training camp, team with no positve momentum, a team that was supposed to be as bad as any in the NFL, directed them to a 8-8 record with a qb who can't through. That my friends is what coaching can do. Design a play book for the talent you have and stick to the plan.

Jeff Fisher is my number 1 choice
    Agreed. The same thing could be said about Jim Harbaugh, the Niners are 13-3 and have a first round playoff bye... in his first season as head coach. He's a lock to be coach of the year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12