Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By NJ Ramsfan1
  • 1 Post By sosa39rams
  • 3 Post By NJ Ramsfan1

Thread: Black Sunday

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Black Sunday

Horrible. Just when you thought the game itself was bad, things now got a whole lot worse- not just for the season but for the future of the Rams.

Sam Bradford now joins the legions of QBs who now will have to overcome a debilitating injury to play football again. Aside from the obvious reasons, this injury sets him back in his development and in the development of the young skill position guys around him. It is a devastating blow that can't be overstated. And it calls into question where the Rams must go in the future.

All of this overshadows what was yet another disappointment in the 2013 season. Spotting the opposition an early lead. Penalties which negated big plays and kept drives alive for Carolina. Dropped passes. A loss of poise resulting in an ejection. This is unfortunately who the Rams are. It has happened too often to think otherwise. We have not beaten a quality opponent outside the division in 2 years. And yesterday, we lost to an inferior team because of our own stupidity.

There are no Kurt Warners on this roster to save the day. And we'll be lucky to win another game or two. Fans will then get excited about this guy or that guy in the upcoming draft and the cycle of "rebuilding", and "patience" and "we're a young team" and all that other nonsense will begin anew.

2013 Rams football: An unmitigated disaster.
    UK Ramfan 83 and rNemesis like this.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Re: Black Sunday

If we lose Bradford, our season might as well be over.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Our season is 100% over. Done. Finito. But, this is our chance to evaluate the bottom half of the roster and see who sticks. At this point, I'd pick a QB (if my guy is there) in the first round next year. This is the opportunity to transition out of the Bradford phase and into the next. Sam was decent, but will never win a SB. I love Sam and he was playing good ball this year, but to me it might very well be time to move on.
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -10-21-2013 at 09:18 AM.
    Fargo Ram Fan likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Spiderwolf is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    At this point, I'd pick a QB (if my guy is there) in the first round next year. This is the opportunity to transition out of the Bradford phase and into the next. Sam was decent, but will never win a SB. I love Sam and he was playing good ball this year, but to me it might very well be time to move on.
    Agreed!! 100% the way to go.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Please stop with the silly talk about setting back the "development" of a 4th year NFL veteran. The average career length of an NFL QB is about 6-7 years. Frankly, if you aren't developed enough after 49 NFL starts, there isn't much hope. You don't have 5-10 years to properly 'develop' an NFL QB.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

heff is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    Please stop with the silly talk about setting back the "development" of a 4th year NFL veteran. The average career length of an NFL QB is about 6-7 years. Frankly, if you aren't developed enough after 49 NFL starts, there isn't much hope. You don't have 5-10 years to properly 'develop' an NFL QB.
    Bradford's development was "David Carr"'d right out of him.
    Last edited by heff; -10-21-2013 at 03:17 PM.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

*saves quote for use when people are earnestly defending Manziel/Bridgewater/Mariotta/Hundley/Ford in 4 years*

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

NJ, you make many good points, although I have to disagree about beating a quality opponent outside our division last week when we beat Houston. I think this injury to Sam comes at a very interesting time as he'll be in a contract year next year. That gives us some latitude to evaluate our strategy going forward with Sam or another QB whom we draft. I agree that the season will be a hard one to swallow as we have little to look forward to other than an improved running game.

Go Rams!

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Tell that to Phil Simms or Jim Plunkett or Doug Williams or any number of other guys who waited years for success and glory. This will not degenerate into a "Bradford sucks" discussion, because if you don't think this situation absolutely destroys our football team this season, you're badly mistaken.

When we talk about "development" it is as much about the rookies, and 2nd/3rd year players we feature on this offense at the skill positions as it is about Sam Bradford. Building a rapport and working with each other is critical in any athletic situation- especially the relationship between QB and receiver.

You'll realize how bad we miss Bradford when some clown is signed off the waiver wire this week and stinks up the joint for the remaining 9 weeks.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

So we haven't beat a quality opponent outside the divison in 2 years? What's the point? We beat and tied the the NFC Superbowl representative San Francisco Whiners. We beat the playoff bound Seattle Seahawks last season. I know we are all very very depressed by the recent loss and compounded that with the Bradford injury. I'm as upset as everyone else but I'm not giving up on Bradford or our team. Are we playoff bound? No. Were we playoff bound with a healthy Bradford? Probably not. One thing for sure is I don't want to see us use an early round draft pick on a QB. That's not unless we're told Bradford's career is over.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

so you like having this average, underachieving, game-managing signal caller on your roster?

Draft 2014!! Cant wait!!!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by rNemesis View Post
    so you like having this average, underachieving, game-managing signal caller on your roster?

Based upon your recent posts, you seem to be more of a fan of the Hypothetical Future St. Louis Rams than the actual team.

RAM29JACKSON is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    If we lose Bradford, our season might as well be over.
    it was anyway but he at least he would have made games somewhat competitive and slightly entertaining. But now its tanked without question. A defense with bad attitudes and QBs that don't know the system. The Rams are just another NFL franchise with no true direction

citr92 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rNemesis View Post

bradford had like 4 4th quarter comebacks...yea, horrible game manager right?

plain and simple, if he had proven receivers and more of a consistent O-line earlier in his career he'd be far better off, he was getting it together and then got hurt the development that is lost is with the other receivers, though that's more chemistry than anything

but now the receivers have to adjust to a new QB and that will delay development, or at least there's a good chance it will depending upon how the new qb performs

but what were you REALLY expecting from bradford? Leaving the pick and money out of it

he may not become the greatest qb, but he was beginning to pull it together