Thread: The Blame Game

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Thumbs up The Blame Game

Since the beginning of pre-season, even back to last year we as fans have been trying to figure out who to blame for our beloved Rams woes. Some proclaim it's Bulger and his lack of leadership, Linehan and Haslett and their lack of coaching ability. The offensive line just being offensive, a defense that could'nt stop a pop warner team, the list goes on and on. I myself have often questioned the heart and ability of this team and it's ownership, but the truth is there is not one reason why this team is the way it is. Every thread that is posted here is corect. You see for a failure of this magnitude to occur there has to be multiple forces at work, not just a couple. Bulger doesn't look good because the line is not good, why are they no good, because with the exception of Pace, none of them were very good to begin with. Who is to fault for that, the front office and Jay zygmunt for getting these guys in the first place. The running game is in shambles because there are no holes to run through but I would think when you have a back with the size and strength of Jackson he should be able to do better than he is. I could go on and on but I won't, this is a team in total disaray and until this organization as a whole becomes committed to wining it's going to be a bumpy ride, and I'll be there hoping for the best and complaing about it all the way.

moloch41 Guest

Re: The Blame Game

I'm going to go back to my original proclaimation and put the blame back squarely on the shoulders of which it belongs...none other than the French.

Frito Guest

Clean House and Start at the Top.

Chip needs to Sell or Blow up the Front Office and start over. The Rams are turning into Detroit. Oh God No...

moloch41 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Frito View Post
    Clean House and Start at the Top.

Chip needs to Sell or Blow up the Front Office and start over. The Rams are turning into Detroit. Oh God No...
    I'm sure drafting two wide recievers high in draft didn't escape Matt Millen's eye- this is probably exactly where he'd want to come if he gets canned in Detroit. Although, I'm convinced that he has some very discrimating pictures of someone in the Ford family- there's no other way to explain his longevity there.

P.S.

The difference between us and Detroit- they've gone down fighting twice!!!

Frito Guest

Very true! We have fallen fast under this regime. The lack of fight is what is so disturbing.

As for the Detroit comparison. I was referring to the longevity of...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I blame Jay Zygmunt for thinking he is a personnel guy.

I blame John Shaw for allowing Jay Zygmunt to think he is a personnel guy.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

How long have Shaw and Zygmunt been in their current positions in the FO?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBritishRam View Post
    How long have Shaw and Zygmunt been in their current positions in the FO?
    I believe Shaw came on-board in the early days of Georgia's ownership and Zygmunt wasn't far behind, I believe.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I believe Shaw came on-board in the early days of Georgia's ownership and Zygmunt wasn't far behind, I believe.
    The only reason I know this is because they just talked about it on the radio, Jay zygmunt was promoted in Feb of 2000 to his current position. They talked about how he and the guy for the Patriots got their jobs at the same time and how different these organizations have turned out since then.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The Blame Game? Wasn't that an old song?

Scotty-Scotty Foe-fotty, banana-fanna-foe-fotty, me-my-moe-motty, Scotty!

BEER is offline Registered User

I blame Goergia...!

sig51 Guest

I say get rid of Jay and John Shaw but keep Devany.

Quote Originally Posted by makersncoke View Post
    The only reason I know this is because they just talked about it on the radio, Jay zygmunt was promoted in Feb of 2000 to his current position. They talked about how he and the guy for the Patriots got their jobs at the same time and how different these organizations have turned out since then.
    True, but I'm curious if all the title shuffling at Rams Park goes hand in hand with job responsibility or not.