Bosna-Ram is offline Registered User

Blog: A look at free agent running backs!

by buckeyefan55

After the jump I'm going to throw some names out that the rams should have some interest in. I'm not going to put anyone that we have zero chance of signing like Deangelo Williams so... yeah.
    In no particular order:

Darren Sproles, Chargers: The rams have been linked to him in the past, but I think that at age 28 we could get someone younger and with a similar skill set for much cheaper. I would pass on this one.

Tim Hightower, Cardinals: He could be on his way out because of the Ryan Williams pick, and it would be fun to have him torch the Cardinals but I just don't see it happening. I would consider him, but there are better options out there.

Ronnie Brown, Dolphins: He would be a great third down option, plus he could help take some of the strain of Jackson before we find a successor in a year or two. He would be my first choice, I think he would be a great pickup as he would bring versatility and speed to the offense.

Caddilac Williams, Buccaneers: Another good option as a third down back, I think the bucs might try to keep him to help out with Blount. I wouldn't mind if we signed him. but I prefer Brown.

Ricky Williams, Dolphins: I like him but he's pretty old and I just don't see where he would fit in the offense. I would probably stay away because of his age.

Clinton Portis, Redskins: Another guy that's getting up there in years, but he could be a solid backup. I would give him serious consideration, but only after exploring other options first.

Brandon Jackson, Packers: He can be a solid third down back, but that's pretty much it. I wouldn't mind having him, but I would prefer that he would be 3rd on the depth chart.

Kevin Smith, Lions: He's pretty young and I could see him being a solid second fiddle, but I would prefer quite a few other backs on this list.

Ahmad Bradshaw, Giants: He's young, quick, and has the Spagnuolo connection. My only problem with him is that he fumbles too often. He would be a great addition to our stable of running backs.

Reggie Bush, Saints: He is definitely my favorite choice after Brown. The only reason I would choose Brown over him is that Bush is younger, and I belive we will find a long-term successor to Jackson next draft. Having Jackson, Bush, and high draft pick x would in no way be a terrible thing, but I just don't think that there would be enough carries to go around.

Let me know who you guys want to sign the most.

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

Re: Blog: A look at free agent running backs!

I don't know why Deangelo Williams isn't worth talking about because the Rams have no chance of signing him, but then players like Ahmad Bradshaw are on the list

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

I would say bradshaw stays and jacobs leaves

ryanrcr is offline Registered User

BUSH!!! the way i think our offense is gonna transform he would be perfect.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

We all want Reggie Bush but so do other teams, and by other teams, I mean those who are willing to fork out a King's ransom just to have Bush on their team. **imagines the Raiders offering him a 3-year $30 million dollar contract**

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    I would say bradshaw stays and jacobs leaves
    Not the way Bradshaw spreads butter all over his hands before the game.

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

Of the ones on the list, being realistic and keeping cost in mind, and remembering that a lot of these backs will want a chance to start (which they WON'T get in St Louis), the most likely candidate to sign with the Rams is Kevin Smith

He has had problems with injuries in his time with Detroit, but when he has played he has been a pretty solid back.