Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    msha is offline Registered User

Re: Why Sam Bradford will be a bust.

What is James Andrews supposed to say? He is doing his job, and if Bradford wasn't healthy, JA would have said so.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

This article is a pile of stinking, rotting trash. I proves that any idiot with an english degree can print what ever filth he wants.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    This article is a pile of stinking, rotting trash. I proves that any idiot with an english degree can print what ever filth he wants.
    I really doubt he has an english degree. At least I hope he doesn't.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

What do you expect from the Bleacher Report?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Is that where this came from? I got bit there once,,,never reading that again.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

The final concern I have about Bradford is his throwing motion. He doesnít posses a classic throwing motion and at times at times he drops down to a three quarters release.
    Mike Mayock, of the NFL Network, described his motion as if he were ďpushingĒ the ball. Now, he can succeed with this throwing motion, but itís not ideal.
    Well .. as long as he "pushes" it to the open receiver, he should do just fine ..

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Coincidentally, the majority of successful quarterbacks at pretty much every university in the country do not become successful NFL quarterbacks.

It's not like everybody thought that Jason White was going to be an elite NFL player when he was drafted and then he failed to live up to expectations. All the teams in the NFL predicted that Jason White wouldn't be fit to start, and he went undrafted. Josh Heupel was selected in the sixth round and didn't pan out. It seems a bit absurd to me to equate a first round prospect with prior quarterbacks that NFL scouts didn't expect to do anything.

Bing69 is offline Registered User

What really annoys me is that he talks like our o-line hasnt got any better in the last 3 years. Does he really expect us to give up that many sacks with a line consisting of Smith Bell Brown Fraley Saffold? Come on, 2 young talented bookends, a pro bowl calibre Center and a veteran probably at guard. The days with Fry/ Romberg at center and any old journeymen at guard are gone. This line will be good.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Re: Blog: Why Sam Bradford will be a bust.

This article is a bust

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

I didn't read one word of the "article", and won't ever waste my time reading some blog by some uninformed wannabe, but I did read all of RockinRams rewrite. Good stuff.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post

He is Sam Bradford, and he will be a bust in the NFL.
    Way to call your shot there Babe Ruth.
    Now Iím not saying he will be on the JaMarcus Russell or Tim Couch level, but yet he wonít be on the Payton Manning level either.
    So he wont be on arguably the best Qb of all time's level? Ok I'll take a guy on Aaron Rodgers level.
    He simply has too many questions marks and too many things have to go right for him to be an elite NFL quarterback.
    You mean like every #1 overall pick that is on a horrible team has to have things go right for them to have a good career?
    The first and most worrisome concern about Bradford is his durability. He hurt his throwing shoulder twice last season and needed surgery on it after he re-injured it.
    Dr. James Andrews, who operated on Bradford, said his shoulder will be fine, but really what is he supposed to say? If he says he may be more vulnerable to further injury or it may never be as strong he will cost Bradford millions.
    Well considering he is the authority on sports medicine in the U.S.A I would say it wouldnt really look good if a guy like that made a guarantee and he was wrong. I seriously doubt that Andrews will put his good name on the line for Bradford to make a few million dollars.
    Even if it is fine, Iím sure Bradford will think twice before stepping up in the pocket to deliver that throw knowing his shoulder will be exposed to a possible injury.
    WHAT?!?!? You mean to say in the heat of the pocket he wont step up in the pocket to AVOID pressure, for fear of injury?
    Another concern is how we will transition from the spread offense he ran while at Oklahoma. Bradford rarely had to read defenses and coverageís and seldom went through more than read on each throw. And when he did go to his secondary reads his primary strength, his accuracy, dipped dramatically.
    That nice for you to make such a bold claim without providing any kind of stats for supporting that his accuracy dropped.
    We have seen plenty of quarterbacks excel in the spread at Oklahoma and then go on to do nothing in the NFL (Jason White, Josh Huepel). White even won a Heisman like Bradford, and granted Bradford has an edge in psychical tools, but history isnít on his side.
    So because they went to the same school that automatically will have similar careers? Quick Spags needs to draft the next RB out of Oklahoma, that dude is gonna be the next Adrian Peterson!
    I also have worries about the situation he is going into. While at Oklahoma, he was surrounded by NFL talent at all positions. In St. Louis, he is going to a team that has won six games in the past three seasons combined.
    So he had NFL talent around him at Oklahoma but he doesnt have any NFL talent around him on an NFL team?
    The Rams offensive line leaves a lot to be desired. They surrendered 44 sacks last season. Bradford doesnít have a good feel for pressure and I fear when he faces a NFL pass rush heíll panic and he never showed much ability to throw on the run and make plays with his feet. Iím afraid this could turn into a David Carr situation, where Bradford gets sacked so much his psyche is messed with.
    Jason Brown Jacob Bell Jason Smith Roger Saffold are all guy's with great talent an ability. Please dont make assumptions about our line before the season starts.
    Speaking of David Carr, at least he had Andre Johnson to throw to for a few years. Bradford doesnít have anyone close to that. The Rams projected starting receivers right now are Donnie Avery and Brandon Gibson, who have 135 catches and 9 touchdowns between them for their careers
    The projected starts from most people are Avery and Robinson, but eh close enough huh, its not like you should do any kind a research if you are writing an article.
    The final concern I have about Bradford is his throwing motion. He doesnít posses a classic throwing motion and at times at times he drops down to a three quarters release. Mike Mayock, of the NFL Network, described his motion as if he were ďpushingĒ the ball. Now, he can succeed with this throwing motion, but itís not ideal.
    I have heared alot of scouts say his throwing motion is similar to Troy Aikman, last I checked that guy did pretty good in the NFL.
    He has the potential to be a franchise quarterback, but there are far too many question marks and things that have to go right for him to be successful in the NFL.
    And you have the potential to be a great sports writer, however you are far to idiotic and lazy to ever succeed into more the a local sports beat writer for some Highschool team.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12