Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Re: The bob and weave

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Loved the INT, hate the bob-n-weave. Hated it then, hate it now.

If I want bad dancing, I'll watch Dancing with the Stars. But I want football and after a touchdown, give the ball back to the ref and act like you've done it before.

Also hated the little celebration by Gibson after his first down catch. Come on guys, you're paid BIG money to do that. Act like you've done it before, and you'll do it again.

Just because you're paid big money to play football doesn't mean you can't have a little fun doing it.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    Yeah, we wouldn't want people showing joy at playing the game, would we? I don't necessarily care for the ego trip stunts and certainly not taunting the other team. But I liked how the bob-n-weave wasn't an individual thing; it was a Rams thing. To see it today was to show pride in our history and pride in being a Ram.
    I've got no problem having fun and celebrating a good play, or a TD. But that choreographed crap is bush league. ...and the guys that run around like their pants are on fire because the made a catch? Please.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

1980RAMS is offline Registered User

If I want bad dancing, I'll watch Dancing with the Stars. But I want football and after a touchdown, give the ball back to the ref and act like you've done it before.

Also hated the little celebration by Gibson after his first down catch. Come on guys, you're paid BIG money to do that. Act like you've done it before, and you'll do it again.
    It was a stupid penalty..... They need to throw flags for legitimate reasons that effect the outcome of the game.

I've got no problem having fun and celebrating a good play, or a TD. But that choreographed crap is bush league. ...and the guys that run around like their pants are on fire because the made a catch? Please.

I agree with you regarding stuff like this but class this particular celebration as "choreographed" would be pushing the boat out mate, this looked like a great celebration from a defence that was "workmanlike"

I LIKED IT

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

For a franchise that has been sooo down recently, considering the Rams retired Bruces number today and wore the throwback uni's, the Bob n Weave celebration was absolutely perfect imo!!! I am proud of SJ39 for paying homage to Dickerson and for the whole team paying homage to Isaac Bruce!!! Great win in what has been a great season considering 4 wins was what i hoped the Rams ended up with for the entire season!

rammiser is offline Registered User

I don't mind the Bob N Weave but I didnt like it there for selfish reasons. We would have had the ball on the half yard line and I wanted to see S-Jax punch in another td.
    Just Fix It

shower beers is online now Registered User

I'm pretty sure this was a one-off thing to honor a great. We should probably remember that before we get too heated about this!

I think we can agree it's better than Avery's stanky leg though. (wait, I'm not sure I can agree to that.)

thickandthin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    I'm pretty sure this was a one-off thing to honor a great. We should probably remember that before we get too heated about this!

I think we can agree it's better than Avery's stanky leg though. (wait, I'm not sure I can agree to that.)
    I love his stanky leg! especially when he does it when we're getting DOMINATED! (e.g. the vikes game)

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

I really don't mind the quick displays, even with multiple players. As long as they are quick. I also reminds me of things like the Icky Shuffle and stuff.

I do truly respect guys like Emmitt Smith for his TD celebrations. There weren't any. He'd been there before.

I also greatly enjoyed Barry Sanders big run celebrations. But they often times were limitted to him decleating a defender during his big run.

I really don't like what Gibson is doing. He hasn't accomplished much from a consistency stand point. Yeah, you caught the ball, got a first down.......WHATCHA WANT, A COOKIE! These displays remind me way to much of Kinchen doing the punching of the goal posts thing. As you may remember, we were losing that game big, and Ken Norton, whom Kinchen was imitating, had to remind the kid of the game score by pointing to the score board. When Gibby has a thousand yard season, catches 90% or more of the thrown to him and scores 8 or more TDs in a season, I may feel differently.

On a side note............I MISS THOSE UNIFORMS!!!
    Last edited by Richbert88; -11-01-2010 at 06:04 PM.
    Semper Fi!

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the man who started it all was Billie "White Shoes" Johnson, with the Oilers of the early 70's.
    With all the gravitas of Jackie Treehorn.

ljcrayton is offline Registered User

Guys guys.

calm down.

It wasn't a disrespectful thing. I mean come on. It was Atogwe. He's not a player who does things like this. And he's a player that makes big time INT's for us. We know he's been there before and we know he will again. That was simply a dedication to the best receiver the St. Louis Rams has ever had, a dedication to arguably the best route runner in the history of football, a dedication to the man who won the only franchise superbowl for us, a dedication to an era of football to where we were known as unstoppable, a dedication to "The Greatest Show on Turf," a dedication to the fans who supported the G.S.O.T and are still in the the stands when we were laughable.

I was a perfect way to end a great all around played football game. Honestly, if I were Isaac Bruce and saw that i probably would have had a tear in my eye that this team just clinched the game and could have easily maybe punched in another TD, but instead, they rather show Isaac Bruce that we will never forget one of the most dominating forces in the history of the NFL known as "The Greatest Show on Turf."

I take my hat off to Atogwe for allowing me to relive the glory days that we ALL here miss. I take my hat off to Atogwe for the respect he showed Isaac Bruce.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

So let me get this you don't get exited on your job, and do something unexpected? as my daughter says Whatevs.

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

Ditto.........

Jeez people lighten up. This team is damned if i don't and damned if it does.
    Ricky Prohel ALWAYS did the first down 'Salute'....so why not Gibson?!

Enjoy the win....enjoy the moment...enjoy the show.

Awesome!

Boosh is offline Registered User

I am one of those that absolutely miss the TD celebrations, be it the "bob and weave" or "the dirty bird". Emotions run high for the players and the fans and I thought they brought fun to the game. .

shower beers is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thickandthin View Post
    I love his stanky leg! especially when he does it when we're getting DOMINATED! (e.g. the vikes game)
    Yeah, me too, which is why I couldn't bring myself to condemning it! He has an entire year to come up with something fresh, so hopefully he won't disappoint next year!

On a side note, I do agree with you all about the celebrations after first downs, tackles, positive yardage, etc. It's a bit of overkill.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12