Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bold prediction for the Rams.

Sauceman is offline Registered User

Bold prediction for the Rams.

As bold as it may sound, I believe that Stedman Bailey will have more impact his rookie year (and potentially beyond) than Tavon Austin (In the receiving game). Don't get me wrong, I like that Austin brings an explosive X-factor that needs to be accounted for. I love that he can score from anywhere on the field. I just think that Bailey's ability to go up and make some spectacular catches will give Bradford a ton of security.

I'd love to be proved wrong though, because Austin can transition into one of the funnest players to watch on the Rams that I've ever seen. I'm excited for football!

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Re: Bold prediction for the Rams.

I wouldnt be too surprised if Bailey had the better year of the two in terms of receiving.

When hes on the field, he could very well be the guy who gets the one on one coverage with Ds having to account for the speed of Cook, Austin and Givens. I can see that happening. Not to mention, his game seems to be ready to translate to the NFL rather quickly.

But the intriguing question is will he beat out Quick in camp? Ofcourse assuming that Givens continues to be on the first team.

renrawtruk is online now Registered User

Bailey was already the better receiver on the same team with Austin. Makes sense, and glad we have both!
    live4ramin and ManofGod like this.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I can see Austin being used in the RB position a lot, which will make Bailey have more receiving yardage.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Bold prediction for the Rams.

Really not too bold a statement really seeing how the bar probably won't be set too high. As a receiver, I wouldn't be surprised if Bailey has better numbers, at least in catches. But I expect Austin to have more impact overall because he can do so many other things just because of his speed. Everyone seems to be giving up on or forgetting last years picks. Givens and Quick should have better numbers then either Austin or Bailey. It usually takes more than a year for wr's to take off.
    But it should be fun to watch. I'm still skeptical about a 170 lb we though. I will be holding my breath every time TA catches the ball.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

richtree is offline Registered User

Bold prediction -- Bailey will have apprx. 322 yds and 1 touchdown...probably won't play too many snaps and will need someone else to get hurt to get reps....

I would probably bet Pead has more Rec Yards than Bailey

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Bold prediction -- Bailey will have apprx. 322 yds and 1 touchdown...probably won't play too many snaps and will need someone else to get hurt to get reps....

You sound like a Bailey hater or an incredible prognosticator. Which one is it?
    Rambos, THOLTFAN81 and ZiaRam like this.

Rambos is online now Registered User

It all depends on how Quick plays IMO. If Quick takes a nice jump I would say you are close in yards. Maybe he get 2-3 TDs.

You have to keep in mind that Austin is a first round pick and Quick was a high second so you know they are going to have to produce. Givens has the upper hand he has a year in and has a hold of the number one spot. The addition of Cook means he is going to get a lot of reps as a WR in the slot.

So yeah Bailey in year one will not get a lot of playing time. That said Pettis is going into year three of a four year deal, not sure he will be here long term unless he really steps up. And If Quick has trouble in year two the door may open for more playing time. I hope Quick shuts the door and plays lights out.

This prediction of Bailey being better IMO is a long term prediction not so much what he does in year one.
    Fortuninerhater likes this.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

As far as "impact", I'd be surprised if Bailey outdoes Austin in 2013. Bailey will most likely be a complementary receiver, while Austin will be a feature WR/RB/KR/PR. After he was drafted, Fisher couldn't wait to tell Austin all the ways the Rams planned to use him.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

My bold predictions:

We will have one 1,000 yard rusher.
    We will have one 1,000 yard receiver.
    We will finish the season 11-5, 2nd in the division.
    Sam Bradford will have a pro-bowl worthy season.
    The Rams defense will finish top 10 in all categories (Yards allowed, TD's allowed, Sacks, INT's, 3rd down conversion %, all that good stuff).
    We will be in the playoffs.
    THOLTFAN81 and citr92 like this.

THE DREAM TEAM

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    As far as "impact", I'd be surprised if Bailey outdoes Austin in 2013. Bailey will most likely be a complementary receiver, while Austin will be a feature WR/RB/KR/PR. After he was drafted, Fisher couldn't wait to tell Austin all the ways the Rams planned to use him.
    You know Mike, this is part of the fun, anticipating who will shine early. I personally really like the Bailey pick. "Odds" are that he like most rookie receivers will take some time to develop and learn an NFL playbook. However, this kid appears to be extremely savvy when it comes to running routes and getting separation. It isn't entirely impossible that he could establish an early chemistry with Sam. If Stedman is able to take full advantage of his reps to make plays in training camp and preseason games, he will get opportunities during the regular season. Daryl Richardson comes to mind ..

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    You know Mike, this is part of the fun, anticipating who will shine early. I personally really like the Bailey pick. "Odds" are that he like most rookie receivers will take some time to develop and learn an NFL playbook. However, this kid appears to be extremely savvy when it comes to running routes and getting separation. It isn't entirely impossible that he could establish an early chemistry with Sam. If Stedman is able to take full advantage of his reps to make plays in training camp and preseason games, he will get opportunities during the regular season. Daryl Richardson comes to mind ..
    Hence the "most likely" disclaimer. I love Bailey's potential, and what he brings to the table, but I still think Austin will make a bigger overall impact.

citr92 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    My bold predictions:

We will have one 1,000 yard rusher.
    We will have one 1,000 yard receiver.
    We will finish the season 11-5, 2nd in the division.
    Sam Bradford will have a pro-bowl worthy season.
    The Rams defense will finish top 10 in all categories (Yards allowed, TD's allowed, Sacks, INT's, 3rd down conversion %, all that good stuff).
    We will be in the playoffs.
    i don't necessarily see that as bold...i think the rams could realistically do this this season, without being a sunshine pumper

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

You still having a pity party over us not taking Allen?

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    You still having a pity party over us not taking Allen?
    Just don't try to re-write a players talent because he was drafted by my favorite team....

we need another WR for depth., maybe we will trade for Britt, or another guy will emerge...

I will say no more....and i will root for Bailey every down.....good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast