Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bookends

born is offline Registered User

Bookends

How would you feel about trading for Jason Taylor with our 2 round pick #33 overall to the fins .Then trade down in the first round, pick up two late first round picks and maybe a third! (The Boys two first round picks) With Little And Taylor Pass rush would be outstanding!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bookends

Outstanding... and really, really old.

The Rams are not in a position to trade top 35 picks for a player who, at best, has 1-2 good years left.

Neither were the Giants but they won it all! I wish we would stop waiting for tomorrow and go for the ring now!!!! This would also improve our secondary!!

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

hm...Pick 33 for a 34 year old.... No thanks.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I would feel safe drafting Vernon Gholston or Chris Long in the first round than getting Jason Taylor.

keith m. klink Guest

NO ! just NO !!!

general counsel is offline Registered User

the giants were not coming off a 3-13 season. I know we went from worst to first in 1999, but the reality is that is highly unlikely.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by born View Post
    Neither were the Giants but they won it all! I wish we would stop waiting for tomorrow and go for the ring now!!!! This would also improve our secondary!!
    And what 35-year-old DE did they trade a 2nd round pick for last year?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Ramer is offline Registered User

I agree with everyone, to old and at the end of his career. No thanks!

rammiser is offline Registered User

I'll trade a 5th or a 6th but not a 2nd. We can get a starting stud in the first round this year why waste a second on Taylor? On top of that we have picked from the middle to the bottom of the draft in the last 7 years without a lot of success. Let us enjoy this high pick and hopefully land a great player instead of another Jimmy Kennedy and Damione Lewis.
    Just Fix It

With our history in the draft what 2 round pick has pan out ! well will sit back and mess up another pick ! They didn't trade for one but they had an old strahan !!!# 92

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by born View Post
    With our history in the draft what 2 round pick has pan out ! well will sit back and mess up another pick ! They didn't trade for one but they had an old strahan !!!# 92
    So your methodology is that "2nd round pick in the past hasn't panned out, so give up on it completely?" Just because there have been some picks that haven't worked out in the past does not mean it's time to throw them out the window for a player that has already contemplated retirement. Yes, the Giants did have Strahan (Giants draft), Umenyiora (Giants draft), Tuck (Giants draft); see a trend here? Like it or not, this team is not an offseason away from a Suberbowl, can we improve? yes. Can we even sneak into the playoffs? outside chance, but one I always hope for. The reality is that we need to build some youth into this team so that we can hope for a strong RUN of consistency rather than hope for maybe one playoff experience with two very aged defensive ends.

Rambos is online now Registered User

When the Rams trade for Marshall what was our record? I'm with you Born, D Lewis,Kennedy,Hill,BL,Klop,Bryd,Trung,Alston,Wroten.

I would take the old man over all of these.

Michael Strahan may come back for year 16, Taylor is in 12. He could play three or four more years.

I bet Taylor is still play and Jimmy Kennedy will be done.

Rambos is online now Registered User

"2nd round pick in the past hasn't panned out, so give up on it completely?"
    Completely no trade the pick for an older player that is playing at a high level. Thats not giving up. The draft is not a sure thing.

Just because there have been some picks that haven't worked out in the past does not mean it's time to throw them out the window for a player that has already contemplated retirement.
    He has, he is still going to play.
    "Look, I'm under contract with the Dolphins," Taylor told Sirius Satellite Radio. "That's where I want to be. It's where I am, and I'm not retiring. . . . There's been no agreement. Is it possible that something happens in the future? They can decide to do whatever they want. They're in charge."
    Yes, the Giants did have Strahan (Giants draft), Umenyiora (Giants draft), Tuck (Giants draft); see a trend here?
    Did the Rams draft Marshall. Warner, Marc...see the trend here. We drafte Kennedy,Hill, D Lewis, Trung...see the trend here.

but one I always hope for. The reality is that we need to build some youth into this team so that we can hope for a strong RUN of consistency rather than hope for maybe one playoff experience with two very aged defensive ends.
    Key word hope, Hope we get a return on BL,Worten,Klop,Bryd,Wade.

I think the way you build a team is throught the draft that being said I would not discount a player like a Chad or Taylor, Marshall because we did not draft them or they are in the second half of their career. IMO
    Last edited by Rambos; -03-19-2008 at 12:43 PM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The most I'd consider offering is a 4th round pick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -03-19-2008, 09:58 AM