Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    moloch41 is offline Registered User

Re: Boston Herald-Possible Rams/Pats Superbowl Spygate?

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    There's more than enough proof out there for me to waste my time putting more out there. Besides, people with blinders on can't see the light anyways.

Keep believing that the league is more interested in integrity than money, and you can live a blissful life.

gap

I'm not a big conspiracy buff, but I do enjoy hearing people's theories. I would be more than happy to read this proof you seem to have in abundance because I am unaware of any evidence that backs up your theory. And I'm not talking about "The refs helped them win". That's not really proof- that's just opinion.

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

From MSNBC.com and N.Y. Times. The Rams may be just as guilty as the Pats are in this fiasco.

Opinion: After remarkable Super Bowl, NFL due for a fall - NFL - MSNBC.com

PRO FOOTBALL: NOTEBOOK; Brady Says Ankle Is Fine - New York Times

Keenum is offline Registered User

Notice the words "might have seen." And they don't even know if it was a Rams guy, just some random person.
    But we KNOW they have tapped things. Goodell just destroyed the tapes.
    But has anybody heard that Jay Glazer has copies of the tapes that he dubbed before turning them over? I heard it on FoxNews, but not a peep of it since then. This could help us out.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

gap Guest

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    I'm not a big conspiracy buff, but I do enjoy hearing people's theories. I would be more than happy to read this proof you seem to have in abundance because I am unaware of any evidence that backs up your theory. And I'm not talking about "The refs helped them win". That's not really proof- that's just opinion.
    Well, since you are only reading my responses, and not the whole thread, here are a few mentioned here.

The INT that was picked at the right flank, about 5 yards from the sideline, happened on a play that the blitzer from the same side clubbed Warner in the head. That is a 15 yd penalty, and RAMS First Down instead of a TD. RAMS win right there, without any other changes.

The final drive, the WR was tackled in bounds, about a foot from the sidelines. There was about 30 seconds on the clock at the time that it was erroniously stopped. That by itself sends the game into OT.

After the final FG there was three seconds on the clock that was allowed to ticket off while the officials just stood there, hands raised. No chance for a RAMS TD return.

Brady intentially grounding the ball to avoid a sack and stop the clock. Again, FG doesn't happen, and the games goes into OT.

There were too many times that the RAMS WR were litterally tackled in their route to mention, and none were called for holding, illegal contact, or PI. The amount of offnesive holding that was done to open running lanes and give brady time to find an open receiver are also too numerous to call, and I would have to dig out the tape to find them. Frankly, your not worth the time for me to prove it to you. Even if I did, your blinders wouldn't allow you to see them.

If you want specific times for each of these, read the play-by-play. I've already wasted too much time drawing pictures for you.

gap

Well, since you are only reading my responses, and not the whole thread, here are a few mentioned here.

The INT that was picked at the right flank, about 5 yards from the sideline, happened on a play that the blitzer from the same side clubbed Warner in the head. That is a 15 yd penalty, and RAMS First Down instead of a TD. RAMS win right there, without any other changes.

The final drive, the WR was tackled in bounds, about a foot from the sidelines. There was about 30 seconds on the clock at the time that it was erroniously stopped. That by itself sends the game into OT.

After the final FG there was three seconds on the clock that was allowed to ticket off while the officials just stood there, hands raised. No chance for a RAMS TD return.

Brady intentially grounding the ball to avoid a sack and stop the clock. Again, FG doesn't happen, and the games goes into OT.

There were too many times that the RAMS WR were litterally tackled in their route to mention, and none were called for holding, illegal contact, or PI. The amount of offnesive holding that was done to open running lanes and give brady time to find an open receiver are also too numerous to call, and I would have to dig out the tape to find them. Frankly, your not worth the time for me to prove it to you. Even if I did, your blinders wouldn't allow you to see them.

If you want specific times for each of these, read the play-by-play. I've already wasted too much time drawing pictures for you.

gap
    I'm not arguing that the ref's did a terrible job in that game, I'm just failing to see proof of an NFL conspiracy here to secure a Pats win.

thoey is offline Registered User

Gees, Moloch, I don't know what more he can give you. I guess you are saying that this wasn't the NFL, just their hand picked officials for the SB that caused the idea of a conspiracy.
    This space for rent...

Quote Originally Posted by thoey View Post
    Gees, Moloch, I don't know what more he can give you. I guess you are saying that this wasn't the NFL, just their hand picked officials for the SB that caused the idea of a conspiracy.
    Bad calls are all the proof I need to prove an NFL conspiracy? Geez, then there are like a million conspiracies a year in the NFL. It's bigger than we thought...I'm scared...

It is people, that take the stance that you take, that allow the NFL to continue this farce called "Professional" football. I have no proof that the league has a plan to enhance, or ruin, certain teams, but it is very apperent to me that the officiating is also in favor of one team or another in every game. They do this to keep the money rolling in. The teams that generate the highest profits, for the league, always seem to have things go their way. Every now and then, they allow a less profitable team excede to string along their fans, and to discuise their foul play.

The NFL wants this buried to hide just what you are using as an excuse. "Everyone is doing it". IF... everyone is doing it, then the NFL has a bigger problem.

gap

And despite all this underhandedness and foul play, you continue to watch it...amazing....

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Bad calls are all the proof I need to prove an NFL conspiracy? Geez, then there are like a million conspiracies a year in the NFL. It's bigger than we thought...I'm scared...
    You're right but ponder this.....

So many bad non calls in one game???? The biggest game of the Season with an ALL-Star officiating crew??? :x

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    You're right but ponder this.....

So many bad non calls in one game???? The biggest game of the Season with an ALL-Star officiating crew??? :x

How about all the bad calls that lovie smith and the Bears got last year? In the game against the Rams, I can remember a no call on a blatant intentional grounding and just before the half ended, Issac Bruce caught a long pass and ran out of bounds. The side judge signaled to stop the clock, but the ref came running from across the field and signaled to keep the clock running even though there was no one even near him that would have tackled him in bounds. It forced us to use an unnecessary time out and totally effed us. I saw plays like that for the Bears all year. In a game against the Vikings, GROSSman once again wasn't called for an IG even though he was clearly still in the pocket and there wasn't a receiver in sight. Later that game, Brad Johnson WAS called for an IG even though he was hit on the play and the ball landed within feet of a reciever.

How about all the bad calls that lovie smith and the Bears got last year? In the game against the Rams, I can remember a no call on a blatant intentional grounding and just before the half ended, Issac Bruce caught a long pass and ran out of bounds. The side judge signaled to stop the clock, but the ref came running from across the field and signaled to keep the clock running even though there was no one even near him that would have tackled him in bounds. It forced us to use an unnecessary time out and totally effed us. I saw plays like that for the Bears all year. In a game against the Vikings, GROSSman once again wasn't called for an IG even though he was clearly still in the pocket and there wasn't a receiver in sight. Later that game, Brad Johnson WAS called for an IG even though he was hit on the play and the ball landed within feet of a reciever.
    Bears vs Vikings is irrelevent...I'm talking about the SUPERBOWL. Aren't the officials hand picked based on their performances during the regular season???

gap Guest

Bears vs Vikings is irrelevent...I'm talking about the SUPERBOWL. Aren't the officials hand picked based on their performances during the regular season???
    Didn't you know that they are picked by who made the most calls in favor of the "Premium" teams? I think I also read that they based on who is least like to report a rigged game.

gap

It's not irrelevant- all those calls in regular season games contributed to them getting to the Superbowl. There seemed to be a definate patttern of call bias going their way all season long- that doesn't prove there is an NFL conspiracy.

It's not irrelevant- all those calls in regular season games contributed to them getting to the Superbowl. There seemed to be a definate patttern of call bias going their way all season long- that doesn't prove there is an NFL conspiracy.
    So the BEARS made the playoffs and the SUPERBOWL because they had the officials on their side?