Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Boston Herald-Possible Rams/Pats Superbowl Spygate?

Here's some more fuel for the SPYGATE FIRE:

MARTZ: PATRIOTS KNEW WHAT WAS COMING IN SUPERBOWL XXXVI

New York Daily news columnist Mike Lupica noted in his Sunday Superbowl column that Mike Martz told ESPN Saturday that in Superbowl XXXVI, the St Louis Rams finally started drawing up Red Zone plays on the sideline because the New England Patriots kept acting like they knew what was coming.

And while they have denied it the Patriots may have taped a Rams walkthrough before the Superbowl.

There is a reason why the Giants moved their training site around this week and it wasn't because they wanted to see more sites in the desert.

2/3/08 8:29am est (New York Daily News via Yahoo Sports)

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Well, I don't think the NFL wants to prove this because if they do, the score of every Superbowl and every game will come into question. But if for some reason, this is proven, it would be nice to see that angry, little, troll of a coach get booted for a year. Maybe he wasn't doing any of this in Cleveland and that's why they sucked so bad while he was there.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    New York Daily news columnist Mike Lupica noted in his Sunday Superbowl column that Mike Martz told ESPN Saturday that in Superbowl XXXVI, the St Louis Rams finally started drawing up Red Zone plays on the sideline because the New England Patriots kept acting like they knew what was coming.
    In an article from the Post-Dispatch ( STLtoday - Sports - Rams ) it was reported that Rams players were upset after the game because on certain plays in the red zone, the Patriots defenders were calling out the plays and formations that they were going to run. That is very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Well, I don't think the NFL wants to prove this because if they do, the score of every Superbowl and every game will come into question. But if for some reason, this is proven, it would be nice to see that angry, little, troll of a coach get booted for a year. Maybe he wasn't doing any of this in Cleveland and that's why they sucked so bad while he was there.
    At this point, I don't think the NFL can squash this, especially with Matt Walsh out there having leaked his story. IMO, he would have absolutely no reason for putting it out there if it wasn't true. The NFL is just going to have to deal with it.

I agree with you moloch that it would be great to see Belicheat suspended for a year, along with any respect for the Tom Brady led Patriots obliterated.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

FUNNY STUFF!!

From Michael Silver of Yahoo Sports

Under 'TAKE IT TO THE ATM':

"If evidence surfaces that the Patriots really did videotape the Rams’ walkthrough before Super Bowl XXXVI, Bill Belichick’s most pressing problem won’t be Roger Goodell or Robert Kraft – it’ll be dealing with Marshall Faulk."

Ramer is offline Registered User

I say suspend Belcheat for 1 years, make them give us Moss.

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    I want our SB title! It should be stripped from them and given to the Rams. Imagine how much different everything would be today if that t=hadn't happened.
    That loss in the superbowl destroyed our team we were known as the losers of the superbowl martz took a lot of heat for failing. . . . . the team morale dropped then slowly people started saying we need to go in another direction when the direction we was really headed for was another superbowl now we are in another direction 3 - 13 season and the cheaters were in another sB
    Torry Holt Dont play that

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

You know, the more I read about this story, the more enraged I get that we were robbed of something we can never get back. Even if by some miracle the NFL were to award that Super Bowl title to the Rams, we’ll never be able to re-capture the elation and joy of the moment or the completely different course of history that might have resulted from a victory. There is nothing worse than injustice.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    You know, the more I read about this story, the more enraged I get that we were robbed of something we can never get back. Even if by some miracle the NFL were to award that Super Bowl title to the Rams, we’ll never be able to re-capture the elation and joy of the moment or the completely different course of history that might have resulted from a victory. There is nothing worse than injustice.
    I agree,I also think that you can strip someone of a title,which if true should happen here but you can't really hand a stripped title to the other team.it just would not be the same,I also agree with Mike in the sense that the more I read about this the more pissed off I get,we were by far the better team and to lose is one thing but to have the other team not only cheat but play the way they did and have the officals look the other way this whole thing stinks and the Patriots must pay severe penalties.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jkramsfan View Post
    I agree,I also think that you can strip someone of a title, which if true should happen here but you can't really hand a stripped title to the other team. It just would not be the same. ...We were by far the better team and to lose is one thing but to have the other team not only cheat but play the way they did and have the officials look the other way*; this whole thing stinks and the Patriots must pay severe penalties.
    There is nothing worse than injustice. -- R8rh8rmike

So true, so sad. So despicable of the NEPs!

*. - The only thing I can surmize is that the Officials were "trying to be a bit more lenient" w/the penalties during the SB and, sure enough, we ... most definetely ... got the short end of the stick!
    :bash:

Keenum is offline Registered User

Patriots cheated.

BM_Face is offline Registered User

Boston Herald.com
    Karen Guregiann
    Feb 13 2008

While all eyes will be on Roger Clemens’ appearance before Congress today, another sports scandal will be playing out in the nation’s capital.
    NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is expected to meet with Sen. Arlen Specter (R-Pa.) to discuss Camera-gate and the destruction of evidence Goodell seized in his follow-up investigation of the Patriots.

According to NFL officials, the meeting will take place in Specter’s Washington office. The senior Republican senator made news during Super Bowl week when he challenged Goodell to explain his decision to destroy the tapes and notes from the case.

Goodell had fined Pats coach Bill Belichick $500,000 - the largest fine in NFL history for a coach - and the team $250,000 after ruling they violated league rules by videotaping defensive signals of Jets coaches during the regular-season opener. The Pats also were docked their first-round pick in the 2008 draft.

During Super Bowl week, Goodell said six tapes were taken from the Pats, some from the 2007 season, the rest from 2006. He claimed the tapes were destroyed in order to prevent leaks to the media.
    Specter, the top Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee, has stated the matter could put the league’s antitrust exemption at risk.

Given recent revelations, Specter also may want Goodell to apprise him on the latest with respect to claims the Pats taped the St. Louis Rams’ final walkthrough before Super Bowl XXXVI in 2002.

Former Rams running back Marshall Faulk spoke out on that subject this week through Sprint Exclusive Entertainment.
    “(Camera-gate) resurfaced again leading up to the Super Bowl. The Boston Herald reported one source close to the Patriots said the team taped the Rams’ final practice before Super Bowl XXXVI. You may remember, I know I do, the Patriots upset my Rams in that Super Bowl, 20-17,” said Faulk, who works for Sprint. “My quarterback Kurt Warner says he wants answers. The NFL has said it wants to meet with Matt Walsh, the Patriots former video assistant. My question is, ‘Why does it matter?’

“It won’t be investigated, and nothing will happen,” Faulk said. “The Patriots will get to keep their Lombardi Trophy and their rings. The NFL understands big business and it understands what this whole (Camera-gate) thing means for it. So if anything comes out that Matt Walsh has any evidence, I’m sure it won’t make it to Congress and neither will Matt Walsh.”

My empahsis. Marshall seems pretty sure about this, but I think Spector might be willing to do something. Alot may depend on this closed-door meeting today. If Matt Walsh does has physical evidence Congress and/or the NFL will have to impose some kind of sanction.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

I have to agree with Marshall. Marshall has been a part of the NFL for a decade. I think he knows more about this business, inside and out, then we will ever understand.

As much as I would like to believe that our SB will be the focus, it is so far in the rear view mirror that the focus will be about the six destroyed tapes.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I blame Martz. If he wasn't so egotistical, he would have better utilized the talent on that team so that their image did not show up on video.

Man, I hate him.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

moloch41 is offline Registered User

I blame lovie smith. Had he not gone soft on that last drive, the Pats wouldn't have put together a 9 play, 53 yd drive in under 2 minutes to get themselves into FG range and the game would have gone to OT with all the momentum on the Rams side.

Ramer is offline Registered User

I’m sure nothing will get done. I just get furious thinking about it.