Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 212
  1. #196
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,593
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Boston Herald-Possible Rams/Pats Superbowl Spygate?

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    I really wish the ESPN talking heads would stop insulting my intelligence. Please don't say that the NFL has done a good job of policing itself, and then immediately also say that Belichick has been taping teams for 8 years.
    That's ESPN for you. Where do you think Keith Olbermann got it?

    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  2. #197
    Chris58's Avatar
    Chris58 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Age
    64
    Posts
    672
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Boston Herald-Possible Rams/Pats Superbowl Spygate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    As for Goodell, he is quickly losing my support. I was a huge fan of his when he first got in, but it's been steadily dropping. If he screws this up, it'll be the final straw, and I'll become anti-Goodell.
    I'll turn in to Badell (sorry, couldn't resist, lol)
    Hey Keenum, maybe we could take a page out of AV's book and start a RGOP!

  3. #198
    moloch41's Avatar
    moloch41 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Boston Herald-Possible Rams/Pats Superbowl Spygate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    I'm afraid Goodell may be trying to scare Walsh off so he won't testify and this thing will die out.
    I'm quickly becoming a huge Spector fan, about time somebody stepped up and said something. Gosh I hope he can pull this off.
    As for Goodell, he is quickly losing my support. I was a huge fan of his when he first got in, but it's been steadily dropping. If he screws this up, it'll be the final straw, and I'll become anti-Goodell.
    I'll turn in to Badell (sorry, couldn't resist, lol)
    Saying you're a huge Spector fan implies nobility in what he's doing. Even though the outcome might right a previous wrong, his intentions are truly suspect. As a Rams fan, I smile, but as a tax payer in PA, I'm pretty pissed that the government is wasting my money on this.

    SPYING ON AMERICANS, OK -- SPYING IN NFL, BAD

    Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 7:11 AM

    Far be it from me to suggest that a U.S. Senator could be influenced by such petty concerns as money. But if you’re scratching your head trying to figure out why Sen. Arlen Specter, the Pennsylvania Republican, is so interested in the NFL’s Spygate scandal, you could – just for fun – follow the money.
    In this case, run over to Specter’s list of campaign contributions accounting at opensecrets.org. Number two on the list, with $100,100 is the cable giant Comcast Corp. Number one, with $197,500, is Blank Rome, a law firm that represents Comcast.

    By sheer coincidence, Comcast is one of the cable companies at war with the NFL over the league’s NFL Network. The NFL wants cable companies to carry it as part of the basic package. Comcast, among others, wants to charge for the service. The bottom line here is that a lot of fans don’t get the NFL Network.

    A true representative of the people would try to get the two entities together, because that’s best for his constituents. But there’s Specter doing everything he can to tell NFL commissioner Roger Goodell how to run his league and threatening to inflict an act of Congress on him.

    Rather than launch into a rant about this bald show of favoritism, but it’s already been done far better than I could over at The Philadelphia Daily News’ attitude.com blog, written by Will Bunch. His conclusion is:


    “Specter's interest in this issue dovetails far too closely with those of his two largest contributors, whose employees have given his campaign more than half a million dollars to keep him in office. I believe if there's any Senate hearing involving the NFL and Arlen Specter, it ought to be the Senate Ethics Committee, looking at a potential link to these donors.”

  4. #199
    Keenum's Avatar
    Keenum is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alabama
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,865
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: Boston Herald-Possible Rams/Pats Superbowl Spygate?

    Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Saying you're a huge Spector fan implies nobility in what he's doing. Even though the outcome might right a previous wrong, his intentions are truly suspect. As a Rams fan, I smile, but as a tax payer in PA, I'm pretty pissed that the government is wasting my money on this.

    SPYING ON AMERICANS, OK -- SPYING IN NFL, BAD

    Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 7:11 AM

    Far be it from me to suggest that a U.S. Senator could be influenced by such petty concerns as money. But if you’re scratching your head trying to figure out why Sen. Arlen Specter, the Pennsylvania Republican, is so interested in the NFL’s Spygate scandal, you could – just for fun – follow the money.
    In this case, run over to Specter’s list of campaign contributions accounting at opensecrets.org. Number two on the list, with $100,100 is the cable giant Comcast Corp. Number one, with $197,500, is Blank Rome, a law firm that represents Comcast.

    By sheer coincidence, Comcast is one of the cable companies at war with the NFL over the league’s NFL Network. The NFL wants cable companies to carry it as part of the basic package. Comcast, among others, wants to charge for the service. The bottom line here is that a lot of fans don’t get the NFL Network.

    A true representative of the people would try to get the two entities together, because that’s best for his constituents. But there’s Specter doing everything he can to tell NFL commissioner Roger Goodell how to run his league and threatening to inflict an act of Congress on him.

    Rather than launch into a rant about this bald show of favoritism, but it’s already been done far better than I could over at The Philadelphia Daily News’ attitude.com blog, written by Will Bunch. His conclusion is:


    “Specter's interest in this issue dovetails far too closely with those of his two largest contributors, whose employees have given his campaign more than half a million dollars to keep him in office. I believe if there's any Senate hearing involving the NFL and Arlen Specter, it ought to be the Senate Ethics Committee, looking at a potential link to these donors.”
    Oh I know he's doing it because he's an Eagles and Steelers fan, but I'm glad because it can help us out if it gets done.

    Oh, and have you gotten a bill or notice saying that taxes will be raised because of the steroids in Congress, or because Specter needs more cash to continue his reseasch? Nope. "The government is wasting my money" is a huge myth.

  5. #200
    moloch41's Avatar
    moloch41 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Boston Herald-Possible Rams/Pats Superbowl Spygate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    Oh, and have you gotten a bill or notice saying that taxes will be raised because of the steroids in Congress, or because Specter needs more cash to continue his reseasch? Nope. "The government is wasting my money" is a huge myth.
    Really, so where is the money coming from that's paying these congressman and commitees to investigate this? It's not coming out of their own pockets and they're not doing it out of the goodness of their hearts!!! I'm not saying that they're raising my taxes to do this, but if they're not, then something else is being neglected to cover the cost. We have much more important things for congress to be doing (economy, multiple wars, illegal immigration, homeland security to name a few) than to be investigating a 7 yr old NFL game.

  6. #201
    Roy G. Biv's Avatar
    Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Modern Day Dead Ráibéad
    Age
    41
    Posts
    251
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Boston Herald-Possible Rams/Pats Superbowl Spygate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    "The government is wasting my money" is a huge myth.
    I agree. At 19, the government wasting your money is a huge myth. The one and only operational advantage the government has is the fact that they get to carry guns if they want.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

  7. #202
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: Boston Herald-Possible Rams/Pats Superbowl Spygate?

    Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Really, so where is the money coming from that's paying these congressman and commitees to investigate this? It's not coming out of their own pockets and they're not doing it out of the goodness of their hearts!!! I'm not saying that they're raising my taxes to do this, but if they're not, then something else is being neglected to cover the cost. We have much more important things for congress to be doing (economy, multiple wars, illegal immigration, homeland security to name a few) than to be investigating a 7 yr old NFL game.
    They do, but given the fact that this is an election year, they aren't going to do anything that will rock the proverbial boat-which means those issues will go un-addressed. Might as well do this as opposed to just sitting in their offices until November.

  8. #203
    Goldenfleece's Avatar
    Goldenfleece is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,586
    Rep Power
    60

    Re: Boston Herald-Possible Rams/Pats Superbowl Spygate?

    Come on, guys. I love to politics as much as the next guy, but not in the Rams forums. Think maybe we could steer this back towards how it affects football rather than how Specter ought to be spending his workday?

  9. #204
    jkramsfan's Avatar
    jkramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Destin,Fl.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,507
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Boston Herald-Possible Rams/Pats Superbowl Spygate?

    Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Really, so where is the money coming from that's paying these congressman and commitees to investigate this? It's not coming out of their own pockets and they're not doing it out of the goodness of their hearts!!! I'm not saying that they're raising my taxes to do this, but if they're not, then something else is being neglected to cover the cost. We have much more important things for congress to be doing (economy, multiple wars, illegal immigration, homeland security to name a few) than to be investigating a 7 yr old NFL game.
    if they don't waste it on this then they will waste it on something else,granted there are better causes,say why the hell is gas $3+ a gallon,but let Spector try and right this wrong that he thinks he has uncovered and then maybe he will retire.

  10. #205
    gap Guest

    Re: Boston Herald-Possible Rams/Pats Superbowl Spygate?

    Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    I blame lovie smith. Had he not gone soft on that last drive, the Pats wouldn't have put together a 9 play, 53 yd drive in under 2 minutes to get themselves into FG range and the game would have gone to OT with all the momentum on the Rams side.
    Anything that Lovie did would have failed, the way the officials were going. The RAMS tackled the runner INBOUNDS, but the officials stopped the clock anyway, to give them time. That right there changes the outcome of the game, without anything else. If the RAMS had stopped them cold, the officials would have called Pass Interference on a Hail Mary if any RAMS defender was within 2 feet of the pats' receiver. The officials were determined to keep the RAMS from winning that game. Pure and simple.

    gap

  11. #206
    Keenum's Avatar
    Keenum is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alabama
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,865
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: Boston Herald-Possible Rams/Pats Superbowl Spygate?

    Hey, age means nothing. I have to pay taxes, and have to file for income tax this year since I have a job and going to college. I'm just as concerned about the government wasting money than the next guy, but I'd MUCH rather have them using it on this than their $100 million on unused flight tickets, medicare overspending mistakes, and earned income tax credit overspending (look it up).

    Back to football: I don't think anything Smith done would have mattered either, the game was NOT being called fairly. If it was, that would have been an intentional grounding on Brady there at the end, and it would have went to overtime.

  12. #207
    hoosierdaddy's Avatar
    hoosierdaddy is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ontario
    Age
    24
    Posts
    94
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Boston Herald-Possible Rams/Pats Superbowl Spygate?


  13. #208
    Keenum's Avatar
    Keenum is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alabama
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,865
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: Boston Herald-Possible Rams/Pats Superbowl Spygate?

    Of course he'll deny it.
    This is going to turn out like the Roger Clemmens case, everybody saying something different, until proof is shown, IF it is every shown.
    That could be where Mr. Walsh steps in.
    Be careful. Belicheat will get to deny it forever if the NFL destroys that tape he's got, but there will always be a mystery if he can at the least keep the tape in his possession.
    Unless the NFL does the right thing for once and REVIEWS THE EVIDENCE.

  14. #209
    moloch41's Avatar
    moloch41 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Boston Herald-Possible Rams/Pats Superbowl Spygate?

    Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    Anything that Lovie did would have failed, the way the officials were going. The RAMS tackled the runner INBOUNDS, but the officials stopped the clock anyway, to give them time. That right there changes the outcome of the game, without anything else. If the RAMS had stopped them cold, the officials would have called Pass Interference on a Hail Mary if any RAMS defender was within 2 feet of the pats' receiver. The officials were determined to keep the RAMS from winning that game. Pure and simple.

    gap

    Well, we've disagreed on this before, but going softer certainly didn't help. If you're going to go down, go down fighting. Don't go down sitting back in a soft zone. I think he might have blitzed twice on that drive and both worked- he just sat back the rest of the time. I got flashbacks of that in the second halfs of all the games this year with Haslett. Can't we get Buddy Ryan out of retirement? Even if he doesn't call a good defense anymore- there's always the chance that he'll lay out Linehan on the sidelines...

  15. #210
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,465
    Rep Power
    128

    Re: Boston Herald-Possible Rams/Pats Superbowl Spygate?

    "In my entire coaching career, I've never seen another team's practice film prior to playing that team," Belichick told the newspaper Sunday. "'I have never authorized, or heard of, or even seen in any way, shape, or form any other team's walk-through. We don't even film our own. We don't even want to see ourselves do anything, that's the pace that it's at. Regardless, I've never been a part of that."
    This gets better by the moment. If Matt Walsh does have anything, it now becomes much more substantial.


Similar Threads

  1. Bucs sign Boston
    By RamWraith in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -05-24-2006, 08:54 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -02-18-2005, 11:47 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -11-13-2004, 09:16 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -07-09-2004, 12:49 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: -08-26-2001, 07:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •