Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Boston Herald-Possible Rams/Pats Superbowl Spygate?

Good idea...just turn the channel. You don't have to watch it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NJRamsGuy is offline Registered User

I'd love to know the source of this. It's become trendy for these rumors to come out -- like when McNabb had his theory. If it's true, then that sucks because it was such a close game. But this source can just be someone trying to stir the pot.

I'm sure our team will be approached about it and I hope every stays mum on their thoughts on it -- not that most of our current team was playing at the time. The Rams don't need to start thinking what should have been when they have so much to do.

rammiser is offline Registered User

I always hear the excuse that every team does it. I see it in a different way. If every team does it but the Patriots used it in a different way. They really study it and gain down and distance and formation and play info. They used it on a whole new level and it is sickening. If the Pats go undefeated I dont care and I will not even consider it a great thing. Cheaters should never prosper and I dont consider what they are doing to be great. Look at all the eveidence about video taping and holding players because they knew the refs wouldnt throw flags on every play. They cheat and I hate them for it. Steroid users in baseball are getting dissed all the time about their records should have an asterisk well so should the Patriots championship years.
    Just Fix It

GameTime is offline Registered User

I hope to get a Martz quote on this!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Many Rams fans were already bitter about the outcome of this game because of the overly physical style of play the Patriots' defense. It's no secret that the Patriots came into SB36 with a game plan that focused on being physical against St. Louis and basically punching them in the mouth, but let's not forget that a few seasons after this Super Bowl, similar complaints about the Patriots' defensive tactics prompted the NFL to make defensive holding and illegal contact a point of emphasis with officials. A videotaping allegation is just a new wrinkle in the story.

When I think of this game, I'm always reminded of something Willie McGinest said regarding a penalty he was called for. The Patriots were called for only five penalties in the entire Super Bowl, and two were taunting. One of the remaining three was a holding call against McGinest for basically tackling Marshall Faulk during a pass play. In an interesting moment of candor, McGinest said after the game that he didn't understand why that play specifically had been flagged because he had been doing it all day.

When you're facing a guy like Mike Martz who is known to have an offensive playbook with a page count that will rival the Physicians' Desk Reference, any additional indication of the plays that could be called on game day is going to be an advantage. And while ultimately execution on the field is a deciding factor, we also know that SB36 was a game that was decided by a last second field goal - incidentally, one in which two extra seconds were inexplicably run off after the kick was made to end the game. I would have to think that in a close down-to-the-wire game, these little advantages make a big difference.

In defense of the Patriots, some fans or analysts may claim that other teams do it as well, but to me, that's a rather shaky one. Other teams probably are doing similar things to try and gain an advantage against their opponents. But if other teams do it, why are we only hearing about the Patriots? Does the league have it in for New England, or is it possible that the Patriots have taken this to a different level, one that the league felt compelled to come down hard on? Even if everyone else is doing it, it's the Patriots who got caught. When we get reports like this of another team doing it, we can be critical of them as well. But in the meantime, trying to excuse the behavior by suggesting it's commonplace with everyone else as well just doesn't seem appropriate.
    Last edited by Nick; -02-02-2008 at 04:28 PM.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Forget about any tape, the officials gave that game to the Patriots plain and simple. I'll never be able to get the intentional grounding by Brady that was never called on that last drive to set up the winning FG out of my mind. It was so blatent and just the tip of the iceberg in a debaucle of a game where the officials chose to swallow their whistles to the benefit of New England.

It still stings. I have to go watch SB 34 now!

majorram is offline Registered User

If this IS true, it would never come out publicly, it would cause HUGE damage to the NFL....

I'm pissed bout it but hey you just have to move on..

steve:l
    "The breakfast Club"

rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

Makes me wonder if I reall wonna watch the SUPERBOWL tomorrow.

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

I hope this didn't come from anyone involved with the Rams. It was already said, but they have a crap load of work to deal with that they can't afford to lose time worrying about 6 years ago. We're all ticked about that happened, but taking the trophy away from them won't make anyone feel better. Don't worry, and root for our second favorite team, whoever's playing the Patriots.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

All I know is a friend of mine told me not to bet on the Rams before the game because of information she recieved. She said her source told her not to bet on the Rams the Patriots were going to win, I was like yeah right. After the game I looked at her and was like who is your friend, she wouldn't tell me. It's more than obvious the Patriots cheated and that game was handed to them. Why them I don't know, you know they won't take those games from them, and if they had to replay those games, there's no way the Rams, Panthers or Eagles could beat this particular team.

Let's face this country is going ethically and morally bankrupt, and no one cares. That's really sad.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Hopefully more and more stuff like this will continue to pop up and we can some day see justice served.

But I almost think the media may be releasing this... and hoping it pumps up the Pats for their next Super Bowl... this could all be a stunt.

Whatever, in the end, I want that 2nd Lombardi trophy we DESERVE.

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

I guess the cheating they did ON the field, all the defensive holding, clubbing Warner in the head, hitting late, leading with the helmet, wasn't the end of their scummyness.

They are the biggest cheaters ever in the NFL
    Barry Waller

Something has really got to be done, we can't take this crap.
    Yeah, it's been several years, but now we are getting evidence for this.
    We should start claiming Super Bowl XXXVI as our own, start a petition to the NFL to see justice served, etc...
    I've been supporting Goodell for a while, but if he does nothing about this, he'll move VERY high up on my hate list.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    That explains it- the Pats must have had tapes of love smith employing that weak-azz, soft zone, prevent defense before he threw it out there at the end of that game. I mean, how else could Tom Brady have driven his team all the way into field goal position against a mush pass rush and DBs who are 30 yds downfield??? It just didn't make sense until now!!!
    The point is we had the #1 offense in the NFL to go along with the #3 Defense. The Pats were ranked 24 and 19 respectively. This should not have been a FG game. We should have beat the Pats something like 34-17. We had allready beat them on their field in their weather 24-17.

Next we'll here that this Camera guy was tied into gambling!!!:x
    I'm ready to go OFF!!!