Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Boston Herald-Possible Rams/Pats Superbowl Spygate?

Quote Originally Posted by RedArcher7 View Post
    I hope this didn't come from anyone involved with the Rams. It was already said, but they have a crap load of work to deal with that they can't afford to lose time worrying about 6 years ago. We're all ticked about that happened, but taking the trophy away from them won't make anyone feel better. Don't worry, and root for our second favorite team, whoever's playing the Patriots.
    I would say the reputation of the Patriots is on the line. From the owner Bob Kraft right down to Bill Belichick!!!

Belichick best coach in the NFL????:x

Tom Brady the wonder boy???:x

Dang I hate the Patriots as it is, this whole thing is FIRING ME UP BIG TIME!!!

majorram is offline Registered User

God I JUST hope they loss tomorrow

steve:l
    "The breakfast Club"

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I always hear the excuse that every team does it. I see it in a different way. If every team does it but the Patriots used it in a different way. They really study it and gain down and distance and formation and play info. They used it on a whole new level and it is sickening. If the Pats go undefeated I dont care and I will not even consider it a great thing. Cheaters should never prosper and I dont consider what they are doing to be great. Look at all the eveidence about video taping and holding players because they knew the refs wouldnt throw flags on every play. They cheat and I hate them for it. Steroid users in baseball are getting dissed all the time about their records should have an asterisk well so should the Patriots championship years.
    All 3 Superbowls that the Patriots have won under Belichick have been by a FG.

Hmmmmm

I hope they BAG HIM!!!
    Last edited by laram0; -02-02-2008 at 06:16 PM.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Belichick best coach in the NFL????:x
    Caught cheating, named NFL Coach of the Year. The NFL is upside down.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

I can't say I'm surprised. This spying program the Patriots have been employing has clearly been going on for some time. This is what I expected out of the Patriots, doing everything within and beyond the rules to win.

What disappoints me as a football fan is the way the league has reacted. They've now promptly punished the Patriots by taking away 1 draft pick and then destroyed the tapes. The only prudent and honest thing to do in terms of fairness and sportsmanship would be to have kept the tapes and launched a full investigation into this and find out exactly how long it has been going on and exactly what games were affected. Only then should they be punished, we need to know exactly what they have done and for how long first.

Seriously does anyone buy into the claims that the Jets game was the first and only time they did it? Or that Belicheck and the rest of the staff did not know? That's completely ridiculous. What benefit would it be to a video guy to personally illegally monitor other teams - if the coaches haven't signed off on using the tapes it's worthless and pointless for him to do.

The NFL does not want its reputation tarnished so they closed off this case as fast as possible instead of investigating properly what happened. The NFL just wants this case to die right now, not neccessarily because they favor the Patriots but just to avoid the negative press they would get.

I hope the media and the other teams keep asking questions - that's the only way any kind of proper investigation by the league will get started. But I'm not holding my breath...

Keenum is offline Registered User

Since all of those SBs were won by 3, what if it was those tapes that gave them just that little boost to put them over the top?
    holy crap I'm freakin ticked about this

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

I didnt think i could despise the Patstys anymore then i already did, but everytime i hear anything about them it just makes me sick. I hope the Patsys make it to next years super bowl so we can get our revenge and the Lombardi and end their reign of there cheating dynasty.

Keenum is offline Registered User

I just hope everybody remembers this stuff when they remember this Patriots Dynasty* and how they cheated their way to a large part of it.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Forget about any tape, the officials gave that game to the Patriots plain and simple. I'll never be able to get the intentional grounding by Brady that was never called on that last drive to set up the winning FG out of my mind. It was so blatent and just the tip of the iceberg in a debaucle of a game where the officials chose to swallow their whistles to the benefit of New England.

It still stings. I have to go watch SB 34 now!
    Sorry Mike I can't forget about any tape, because when I first heard about the Jets tape deep down I knew that wasn't the only game. There is no way that was the only time the Pats taped/cheated. Then all of a sudden the NFL takes more tapes and destroys them and Goodell gives a ridiculous answer as to why he destroyed them. That was when I knew for sure we were taped when we played them in the regular season in 2001 and we won (how convenient for the Pats that we played them in the regular season), and now it seems they taped our walkthrough also, big surprise. :x

There would have been more tapes of more teams but the Pats obviously got rid of them because they were obviously of no use after a year or two. After a couple of years who needs a tape of the 2001 Rams since players and schemes change etc.

You are right the officiating was horrible, and the game was basically given to the Pats. The blatant holding, the helmet to helmet hits, the mugging of WRs were all a huge part of that cheating mess and we still almost won. After all of that I still can't forget the tapes that I believe have existed since Bellicheat started coaching the Pats.

I'm glad this senator is going after Goodell. The gov't wastes money on a bunch of other crap, so let them get involved in this also. I want to see the Pats exposed for what they are....cheaters.
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -02-02-2008 at 08:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    You are right the officiating was horrible, and the game was basically given to the Pats. The blatant holding, the helmet to helmet hits, the mugging of WRs were all a huge part of that cheating mess and we still almost won. After all of that I still can't forget the tapes that I believe have existed since Bellicheat started coaching the Pats.
    I hear you dude. There is no doubt that using illegal tapes would have given them an edge, but I still think we would have destroyed them if the officials had called a legit game. IMO, the tapes would have only made the score a little less lop-sided. The horror of it all.......

BM_Face is offline Registered User

Caught cheating, named NFL Coach of the Year. The NFL is upside down.
    OMG your right! This just in...Mike Vick is named humanitarian of the year by the NFL! This has me seriously pissed off! Go Arlen Spector! GoRams! Burn Bilichick burn!!!

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

I hear you dude. There is no doubt that using illegal tapes would have given them an edge, but I still think we would have destroyed them if the officials had called a legit game. IMO, the tapes would have only made the score a little less lop-sided. The horror of it all.......
    I agree the refs were the biggest culprits in us losing, but I just can't shake the feeling that those tapes were a huge factor in our defeat, and also in other games that the Pats played.

When I think back to that game (I just saw some highlights again last night), there was no talk of tapes and nobody knew anything about this crap right. All we knew was the officiating was horrible. All of this talk that the Pats can substitute anyone and still succeed, yada yada yada. They can throw Troy Brown in the secondary and on and on and on etc. Well yeah it's pretty easy to play defense when you know what's coming. You know what I mean? The tapes were huge.

Oh and GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

bruce4life is offline Registered User

I Truly Feel Cheated Because I Went To That Game In Feb. 0f 2002 And That Was One Of The Biggest Disappointments Of My Life. And Then To Find Out That The Pats Cheated On That Game As Well Wow....

rams8821 is offline Registered User

That Super Bowl is ours boys. Did it make the difference between 3 points, you bet your arese it did!!!

GO RAMS!!!
    Rams Fan For Life:clanram: :clanram:

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

Of course the tapes helped the Pats win their SB's. And of course they were destroyed because why would they hold onto them after the games were won? The thing that kills me is that the NFL is just going to sweep this whole thing under the rug because of all the bad press that the NFL would get if it was proven that the Pats cheated. I am really sick to my stomach over all of this. I really don't know if I can continue to watch the NFL anymore. Whats the point if these guys can just cheat their way to victory? The Pats are the biggest cheaters of all time, but they are going to be celebrated as the greatest team ever. Its just wrong
    Last edited by ScottD413; -02-02-2008 at 09:06 PM.