Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    blood85 is offline Registered User

Re: Boston Herald-Possible Rams/Pats Superbowl Spygate?

Of course he is going to say "they didn't do it". What is he supposed to say, " yeah, we did it and had some popcorn while we kicked back and recorded the Rams". I wouldn't expect anything less from a Boston area team.

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

I know that Bernie Miklasz isn't the most lovable person here, but I recommend reading his latest column. Poetic justice at its finest..

Ramer is offline Registered User

When I heard that they cheated against the Jets this year, I said to a friend I would be surprised if they cheated against the Rams in the Superbowl. I don't know how they can wear those rings with pride.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    I wonder if the Giants taped the Patriots during their walk through?
    The Patriots never had a walkthrough. Very interesting.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Quote Originally Posted by thoey View Post
    Yeah, too late to cry over spilt milk. Cheaters. Glad to see them lose.
    It's not about crying over spilt milk (at least for me it isn't). I know we won't get a trophy and the title, that's not what I'm interested in. I just want to know how long this Spygate crap has been going on. I want the Pats exposed as cheaters for the past few years if that's the case. I want their name and "so called" titles tarnished forever.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Honestly guys, we had way too many turnovers in that game. I do agree that Warner got hit in the head on his interception throw, but I doubt if that play was on the walk through tape. Proehl's fumble was a huge play in the first half.

We went to soft on defense on the final drive. 1:30 or so left and NE had no timeouts? Lovie went prevent? The defense was fresh, it wasn't like the Titans game when the D was exhausted. They were barely on the field in the fourth quarter. We should have blitzed Brady, not let him pick us apart like he did.

Yea, the walk through taping was bush league....but I doubt if it had any significant ramifications to the final score in that game.
    There is no doubt that we could have done things differently and won that game. On the other hand I think seeing us walkthrough our plays played a big part in that games outcome. If it wasn't of any use there is no way that Bill Belicheat would bother doing it. Everything he does has a reason. Add to that the unbelievably horrible officiating and it was too much to overcome, and the Pats win one of if not the biggest upset in SB history.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Thought this might be appropriate for this thread

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Thought this might be appropriate for this thread
    (...)
    Haha! That image is awesome. I would have given you rep but I have to spread it around first - but that was just downright hilarious. Got me laughing out loud at least.

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

So, if you don't think the taping of the walkthrough helped them and that it was the officials, there's nothing you can ever do. You can't go revisit calls ever. The Steelers might lose their last one...it's part of the game. The officials shouldn't even be an issue in this thread.

BRUUUUUUUUCE

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

RamsBruce, that's hilarious.

RealRam is offline Registered User

No more Wheaties for me, ever.

Now that's great advertising for NE's football organization. Thanks RBruce!

gap Guest

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    A vast NFL conspiracy, but absolutely not one shred of proof ever offered. Yes, it's people like me that are the problem.
    There's more than enough proof out there for me to waste my time putting more out there. Besides, people with blinders on can't see the light anyways.

Keep believing that the league is more interested in integrity than money, and you can live a blissful life.

gap

bigredman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I agree that taping a walk-through did not change the outcome of the game.
    AV, I am shocked at this statement. Taping a team's walk through practice just prior to a game is the same a stealing the play book. Not only that, if they were able to get video, you can bet they had audio with a boom microphone to get play calling and audibles.

Just to clue everyone in on this, having played college and pro sports myself, walk throughs are running specific game plan plays called by the coach with instruction. These are CLOSED practices. The coaches are down there telling players how to break a pass pattern if they see this or that, how to adjust to blitz packages they "expect" to see, etc. A lot is revealed during these practices. So yes, it is a very big deal and would have had significant impact on how the Patriots played us. Think about it. The Patriot defensive backs and safeties were "mugging" our receivers because...you guessed it....they knew the pass patterns they had practiced and what they could expect from how the receiver ran those patterns from the line of scrimmage from watching the film. I originally blamed the mugging of our receivers on Martz refusing to change his offensive plays. I now think otherwise.

To answer our skeptics who say everyone does it and if it is found that the Rams had such advantage over the Titans in their Super Bowl victory would I feel the same? I say first I don't believe all teams do it...have some others done it...sure...it's just not the Patriots...and secondly, if the Rams did the same thing as the Patriots are accused of, then yes, strip the Rams of the championship as well. A hypocrite I am not.
    Last edited by bigredman; -02-05-2008 at 01:44 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keenum is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    AV, I am shocked at this statement. Taping a team's walk through practice just prior to a game is the same a stealing the play book. Not only that, if they were able to get video, you can bet they had audio with a boom microphone to get play calling and audibles.

Just to clue everyone in on this, having played college and pro sports myself, walk throughs are running specific game plan plays called by the coach with instruction. These are CLOSED practices. The coaches are down there telling players how to break a pass pattern if they see this or that, how to adjust to blitz packages they "expect" to see, etc. A lot is revealed during these practices. So yes, it is a very big deal and would have had significant impact on how the Patriots played us. Think about it. The Patriot defensive backs and safeties were "mugging" our receivers because...you guessed it....they knew the pass patterns they had practiced and what they could expect from how the receiver ran those patterns from the line of scrimmage from watching the film. I originally blamed the mugging of our receivers on Martz refusing to change his offensive plays. I now think otherwise.

To answer our skeptics who say everyone does it and if it is found that the Rams had such advantage over the Titans in their Super Bowl victory would I feel the same? I say first I don't believe all teams do it...have some others done it...sure...it's just not the Patriots...and secondly, if the Rams did the same thing as the Patriots are accused of, then yes, strip the Rams of the championship as well. A hypocrite I am not.
    Very well said.