Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    dave626 is offline Registered User

Re: Boy oh boy, danny boy!!!!

Hes a solid returner with some skills.

AlwaysBackwards is offline Registered User

Should We Also Cut Donnie Avery For Fumbling On His Only Kick Off??

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    LOOK!!! The point is, Danny Boy's a decent cat and has been a pleasant pick up for the Rams, but in reality he's only a Philly practice squad reject. His costly fumble against the Cardinals just added to the list of the woeful display of fooball by the Rams this year. Rams must draw a hard line and get playmakers in here! Or else you get 1-15!!! Nice try Danny, but the Rams need guys who's gonna bring something to the table. DON'T STAND FOR 2ND BEST!
    He isnt a Philly Practice squad reject, he was signed off the Philly practice squad by the Rams. Thats how the Rams got him. The Eagles thought enough of him to keep him around. Considering the rest of the WRs that the Eagles have, that says a lot.

You seem to think that people want Amendola to start or something, but everyone here realises that at best he will be a 4th WR next year, and is primarily being kept around for his kick return skills. That game against the Texans was only as close as it was because of Amendola's great kick return and then his TD catch. Its amazing how you look at one negative play and want him out of here (which, by the way, came after what i think was the longest punt retun the Rams have had in a while)

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    He isnt a Philly Practice squad reject, he was signed off the Philly practice squad by the Rams. Thats how the Rams got him. The Eagles thought enough of him to keep him around. Considering the rest of the WRs that the Eagles have, that says a lot.

You seem to think that people want Amendola to start or something, but everyone here realises that at best he will be a 4th WR next year, and is primarily being kept around for his kick return skills. That game against the Texans was only as close as it was because of Amendola's great kick return and then his TD catch. Its amazing how you look at one negative play and want him out of here (which, by the way, came after what i think was the longest punt retun the Rams have had in a while)
    People want instant satisfaction. It's like a kid that turns 16 and expects the parents to buy them a brand new car instead of working their own butt off to buy a 10 year old used clunker - they aren't as proud of the new car, so they don't take care of it. But the kid who worked to pay for their own usually will be the one out there waxing a car that has faded paint and rust spots.

In the NFL, if a player doesn't help a team get to the super bowl in year one, then they suck. They don't want to see someone who starts out at a rookie level, and takes two or three years to develop. (Just like Chris Long - a guy who played respectably in his first year, and who may still turn out to be among the best in Rams history at DE.)

People seem to forget that the no-name lplayers who were passed on by most teams and were brought in by the Rams might be the biggest steals ever - like some no-name grocery-getter named Warner.
    Last edited by RamsFanSam; -12-30-2009 at 12:41 PM.

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

I can't wrap my brain around wanting to get rid of record holders...I just don't get it...
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

tim
    tim is offline Registered User

I haven't been reading the boards much this year, but I always make sure to check out dgr828's threads. I'm still unsure if he is just trying to screw with everyone, or if he actually believes the things he types.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    I haven't been reading the boards much this year, but I always make sure to check out dgr828's threads. I'm still unsure if he is just trying to screw with everyone, or if he actually believes the things he types.
    Let us hope he's just crying for attention.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Danny would look like a better pickup if the Rams could actually capitalize on the short field he puts the Rams' offense in. He's a solid player for this team, expect him to be on the team next year. It's as simple as that.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

laramsfan73 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    LOOK!!! The point is, Danny Boy's a decent cat and has been a pleasant pick up for the Rams, but in reality he's only a Philly practice squad reject. His costly fumble against the Cardinals just added to the list of the woeful display of fooball by the Rams this year. Rams must draw a hard line and get playmakers in here! Or else you get 1-15!!! Nice try Danny, but the Rams need guys who's gonna bring something to the table. DON'T STAND FOR 2ND BEST!
    John Unitas was a Steeler reject in 1955. Based on this logic, the Colts really signed a loser, didn't they? Getting closer to home, Kurt Warner couldn't make the Packers' roster, played arena football, and was relegated to NFL Europe. I even heard that the Rams were right in exposing him to the Browns during the allocation draft. All of these things means he sucks, right? I don't think Amendola will be the number 1 receiver in St. Louis, but he does make plays, and he is FAR from a liability on a pathetic team. I like Maui's outlook. Does Amendola IMPROVE the team? Absolutely! I can think of many more players that could go ahead of Danny.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123