Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Bradford

JFMose is offline Registered User

Re: Bradford

Not like we're missing our top wide receiver

macrammer is online now Registered User

Really, Bradford does not have the weapons around him to be elite right now. But, as a 3rd year frist draft pick QB, there are high expectations.

I think it will take to the end of year 5 (with current coaching structure) to truly understand the ability of Bradford. While he does have thing to work on, he is playing good.....not consistently exceptional, nor consistently bad but good.
    rammiser and bradwill like this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

We can cite chapter and verse the quarterbacks who didn't show their complete capabilities until their 5th, 6th or 7th year in the league. You can't just bail on the guy. We've invested a ton of money in him and he hasn't shown he's a bust. Bradford had a very good rookie year, a poor, injury-riddled year two and a decent 3rd season thus far. He lacks big time receivers- all guys who are interchangeable parts, no one to stretch the defense and make plays- and has had a makeshift offensive line for much of his brief time with the Rams. At this point, it is tough to fairly judge him. He has not shown elite capabilities, but saying he's only "serviceable" sells him short.

I will say this: the offensive line has not been terrible. It is certainly no worse than a number of other offensive line units on teams throughout the NFL, and we must be careful not to trot out the old "it's the offensive line's fault" excuse everytime Bradford throws incompletions or picks. Sometimes that's true and other times Bradford simply needs to do a better job.

My basic feeling towards the situation: Of the legitimate problems we have as a franchise, Sam Bradford is the least of my worries.
    RealRam, Rambos, Nick and 5 others like this.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

Nj we do have a guy that can stretch the field no... Givens!! And he will only get better.

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

Some of you guys are so naive. The WR's are open A LOT more than some of you guys give them credit for. Its VERY easy to say "they aren't open". Sam has spots to improve, as do the WR's.

THE DREAM TEAM

BM_Face is offline Registered User

Three years and three offensive schemes can't help a young QB develop.
    rammiser likes this.
    A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

I understand Bradford has to improve. He really does. I think he will get there with more stability around him.

I wish he coulda sat behind a hall of famer for a 3 years and when was finally asked to start had great wr unitl. Also woulda helped to have the same head coach and majority of coaching staff the same as well. And not be on a team that had 27 players on it last year that arnt even in the nfl anymore.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    While Bradford is a servicable QB, he's not an elite QB. He holds on to the ball way to long. You could say that it's the offensive line, but he holds on to the ball, and over throws the long ball. This is not anger of us losing this game, this is after watching 7 games. I'm not sure what the solution is, but something needs to be done.
    I agree. Number one overall in the draft doesn't mean elite. I can't think of one game in 3 years where I thought I was looking at the next FILL IN THE NAME. Bulger looked 10 times better early in his career. Bradford is servicable. He's at best average compared to the rest of the league's QBs. I think we'll be seeing somebody else leading us to the promised land a few years down the road.

bradwill is offline Registered User

Bradford's play would probably look better if he had been drafted under the new rookie salary restrictions than before. Just not sure he'll live up to that contract/money the Rams are on the hook for, though I think he'll be at least "good" to maybe "very good" during the life of that contract.

I probably shouldn't even talk about Bradford when we just saw a clinic put on by Aaron Rodgers of what a truly elite QB looks like. Almost every QB in the NFL would be found lacking in comparison today to what Rodgers showed.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheBritishRam View Post
    How in the heck are you pinning this on him? You think you should have done better in man coverage on Nelson and Cobb, you think he should have got more pressure on Rodgers?
    NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE, is getting pressure on Rogers when their LT and RT are allowed to get away with blatant OL Holding on every play. The Pack OL commited no less than 150% OL holding today between their Tackles and Guards. And the officials only "managed to see it" two or three times.

gap

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Bradford, like the rest of the offense, shares blame when things go poorly. But this belief that if a guy isn't a top five QB he sucks is the most ridiculous line of thinking possible- especially when the guy has a bunch of substitute teachers at the receiving position. There are no Calvin Johnsons, Larry Fitzgeralds or Roddy Whites on this football team. And until we get a guy like that- or until one of our current guys improves by leaps and bounds- Bradford's play is going to be a reflection of what's out there.

And if you REALLY don't like Bradford, tell me who his replacement should be and what we should do with the money he's guaranteed. I'm all ears.
    PARamfan likes this.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Yawn.

Sub-par receivers
    Sub-par O line
    3 OCs in 3 years

Anyone who thinks that (a) Sam has reached his potential or (b) they know his ceiling...

You know what, I'm not even going to bother finishing that sentence.
    rammiser likes this.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

As NJ said earlier, although the offensive line is filled with no-name players...it hasn't been awful. It's definitely a manageable unit that Bradford needs to adjust to. Simply saying the o-line holds the majority of the blame just because you don't know the names of the players is ridiculous.

1. Bradford needs to improve and become more consistent.
    2. The WRs and TEs need to start making some impact plays.

That's all there is to it.

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

Bradford has the skill set to be an elite QB. He can make all the throws. Is very accurate and very intelligent. And even the so called Elite such as Rivers, Elway back in the day, Manning, and so on have average days. I feel that Bradford has shown significant improvement in Fisher system and I am looking forward to see what he can do in year 2 of that system. Bradford has played 3 years and 3 different system. I also look forward to seeing the talent around improve so Mr. Bradford can continue to get better. Remember the Rams best WR is out injured and that guy had something like 15 catches in one game from Bradford and if I recall most of them were out quick and on target. How quick we forget......

Go Rams

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    As NJ said earlier, although the offensive line is filled with no-name players...it hasn't been awful. It's definitely a manageable unit that Bradford needs to adjust to. Simply saying the o-line holds the majority of the blame just because you don't know the names of the players is ridiculous.

1. Bradford needs to improve and become more consistent.
    2. The WRs and TEs need to start making some impact plays.

That's all there is to it.
    Sorry, but that isn't all there is to it. The problem with the O line is not that they are "no names." The problem is that they don't consistently give Bradford time to throw.

Until that's fixed, there's no way to fully evaluate Sam's performance.
    SportsDude likes this.