SportsDude is offline Registered User

Re: Bradford

Yeah lets trade Bradford hes a bum

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    Also, craig dahl still sucks.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    Bulger looked 10 times better early in his career.
    Do you remember who Bulger had around him early in his career? Let me refresh your memory: Faulk, Bruce, Holt, Curtis, Cleeland, Pace, McCollum, Timmerman, and Nutten. Any questions?
    ramsbruce, NJ Ramsfan1 and ZiaRam like this.

bradwill is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Do you remember who Bulger had around him early in his career? Let me refresh your memory: Faulk, Bruce, Holt, Curtis, Cleeland, Pace, McCollum, Timmerman, and Nutten. Any questions?
    Yes, Cam Cleeland was a powerhouse in that group!
    Bar-bq likes this.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Just because I'm bored at work(at 5am...) and really don't want to do actual work here's some stats analysis for all of you. These are career numbers for two quarterbacks through 3 seasons and we'll see who you like better.

QB1: 54.1% completion rate on 29.8 passes per game for an average of 184.6 yards per game and an average of 6.1 yards per attempt.
    QB2: 58.0% completion rate on 35.3 passes per game for an average of 220.2 yards per game and an average of 6.2 yards per attempt.

QB1: 54 TD passes and 44 INT's, with respective percentages of 4.0% and 3.7%
    QB2: 31 TD passes and 27 INT's with percentages of 2.7% and 2.3%.

QB1: 93 passes of over 20 yards, and 20 passes of 40 yards or more, with a career passer rating of 69.4.
    QB2: 78 passes of over 20 yards, and 13 passes of 40 yards or more, with a career passer rating of 75.6.

QB1: In year four, he won a Super Bowl and was the game's MVP.
    QB2: When extrapolating the numbers to even games(41), QB2(I'm guessing you know who he is by now...) will have thrown 39TD's and 33 INT's, 96 passes of 20 yards and 16 passes of 40 or more yards. That last number, however is a bit under-inflated, as he(Yes, Sam) has thrown four of those thirteen 40 yarders in the last 4 games.

Who is QB1? A little guy who goes by Eli. Despite not having an Amani Toomer and a Plaxico Burress on the outside along with a dominating offensive line who could plow holes open for the run game, Sam is getting it done more effectively than Eli did in his first three years. Don't judge a player by his first two seasons(which is where Sam is right now). Sam is getting better as are the receivers. I have faith that we can really make some noise in the near future. If we can get some solid line play, I think Sam can make it work even with the guys we have now.
    ZiaRam likes this.
    I believe!

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    It was the OC with too complicated an offense. It was/is line. It was/is WRs. It's the OC again. Now it's no supporting cast at all? I think Jackson might beg to differ. At some point the excuses have to go away. Bulger wasn't elite but he could make all of the throws. Haden, Feregamo and Everett weren't elite guys but they could make all of the throws. They were all better. Bradford is average. Maybe someday he can prove to be servicable like the above mentioned. But elite? There aren't many elite QBs out there and I haven't seen anything that would make me believe that Bradford might be one of them. The elite guys make the players around them better. Who has Brady ever had around him?
    Last edited by mh-i; -10-22-2012 at 09:37 AM.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Who has Brady ever had around him?
    Since you asked, here you go. Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, Troy Brown, Deion Branch, Corey Dillon.

I'm not arguing that Bradford is elite. The jury is still out, but he never had anything like Bruce, Faulk, & Holt, or the guys I listed above that Brady had/has. SJax is the only elite talent Bradford has and he is on the downside of his career.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

double post
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -10-22-2012 at 10:25 AM. Reason: double post
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Bradford holding the ball to long has more to do with a lack of chemistry with his receivers than anything else.
    live4ramin likes this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

"Sam Bradford is not an elite QB." True statement.

"Sam Bradford will never be an elite QB." Pessimistic prediction of ill-informed and impatient fan.
    Rambunctious and ZiaRam like this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Just because I'm bored at work(at 5am...) and really don't want to do actual work here's some stats analysis for all of you. These are career numbers for two quarterbacks through 3 seasons and we'll see who you like better.

QB1: 54.1% completion rate on 29.8 passes per game for an average of 184.6 yards per game and an average of 6.1 yards per attempt.
    QB2: 58.0% completion rate on 35.3 passes per game for an average of 220.2 yards per game and an average of 6.2 yards per attempt.

QB1: 54 TD passes and 44 INT's, with respective percentages of 4.0% and 3.7%
    QB2: 31 TD passes and 27 INT's with percentages of 2.7% and 2.3%.

QB1: 93 passes of over 20 yards, and 20 passes of 40 yards or more, with a career passer rating of 69.4.
    QB2: 78 passes of over 20 yards, and 13 passes of 40 yards or more, with a career passer rating of 75.6.

QB1: In year four, he won a Super Bowl and was the game's MVP.
    QB2: When extrapolating the numbers to even games(41), QB2(I'm guessing you know who he is by now...) will have thrown 39TD's and 33 INT's, 96 passes of 20 yards and 16 passes of 40 or more yards. That last number, however is a bit under-inflated, as he(Yes, Sam) has thrown four of those thirteen 40 yarders in the last 4 games.

Who is QB1? A little guy who goes by Eli. Despite not having an Amani Toomer and a Plaxico Burress on the outside along with a dominating offensive line who could plow holes open for the run game, Sam is getting it done more effectively than Eli did in his first three years. Don't judge a player by his first two seasons(which is where Sam is right now). Sam is getting better as are the receivers. I have faith that we can really make some noise in the near future. If we can get some solid line play, I think Sam can make it work even with the guys we have now.
    I thank you for your work as far as your employer not so much...

Very good work TekeRam and considering your a younger Rams fan you get it, most of the younger guys want him to play like Warner from day one and that's just not going to happen for any young QB. I don't get the contract cost as weather he worth it. That's why the owners and the players wanted to change the rookie scale.

I heard so many comparison to Cam Newton where are those fans now. Cam is not playing well and is struggle mentally he is starting to look and sound like Venice Young scary. RG3 playing lights-out again his record is 3-4. The more he plays the more tape teams will have and they will catch up to him, that said he is very special. Not sure how they will add talent as they spent a ton this year and have cap issues and no first round picks.

How about Luck some said he is the greatest young QB to come in the the NFL in 30 years. 7 TD and 7 INTs QB rating 72.3 and he has a vet receiver in Wayne to throw to.

mh-i comparing Bulger to Sam is nuts on two levels. One the players around Bulger where HOF type. Two the scheme was all about putting up big numbers.

LOS

6 73 147 49.7 1,018 6.93 8 60 8 0 -- 67.8

LOS

11 162 302 53.6 2,064 6.83 10 81 13 0 -- 68.4

LOS

16 308 517 59.6 3,964 7.67 31 69 18 0 -- 89.2
    Here are Jim's numbers through three years... what are you seeing that tells you he has out played Sam?

Again very nice write up.
    Last edited by Rambos; -10-22-2012 at 12:26 PM.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    "Sam Bradford is not an elite QB." True statement.

"Sam Bradford will never be an elite QB." Pessimistic prediction of ill-informed and impatient fan.
    This sums it up.....Sam is not ELITE today. Jury is still out if he will be some day but I have high hopes

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Bradford holds onto the ball like Jackson dances behind the line.

Amazing how when there is an open receiver or a hole to run through, those players amazingly fix those problems. But people keep pointing out the problem.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Bradford is on pace in 2012
    3,638 Yards
    16 TD
    14 INT
    CMP% 60
    Rate 81.5

Rookie year

3,512 Yards
    TD 18
    15 INT's
    CMP% 60
    Rate 76.5

Bradford has bounced back from a very bad year. So many thought he might be a bust after his second year. He's getting better and I for one am not worried about Sam.

Going to be interesting to see how the FO builds around Sam next year. How aggressive will they be to get him a big time WR or TE. How will they approach the O line to get it fixed.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

It was the OC with too complicated an offense. It was/is line. It was/is WRs. It's the OC again. Now it's no supporting cast at all? I think Jackson might beg to differ. At some point the excuses have to go away. Bulger wasn't elite but he could make all of the throws. Haden, Feregamo and Everett weren't elite guys but they could make all of the throws. They were all better. Bradford is average. Maybe someday he can prove to be servicable like the above mentioned. But elite? There aren't many elite QBs out there and I haven't seen anything that would make me believe that Bradford might be one of them. The elite guys make the players around them better. Who has Brady ever had around him?
    Who has ever said Bradford was elite? The point has been made he has what it takes, and very well could become an elite NFL QB.

You do realize that the "Schottenheimer" thread was a parody of this thread, right?

The one constant Brady has always had, and Bulger had early in his career, is/was an effective OL. Give Bradford a line that can consistently protect and run block, and IMO, he'll flourish.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Here is a couple of other Brady and Rodgers points.

1) Neither started their rookie season. Hell Rodgers didn't start his first three seasons.

2) Brady sat his year under Drew Bledsoe, Rodgers under Farve.

3) Both have only started under one head coach. Hate them all you want but both coaches are elite at their job.

I know in this age of immediate impact expectations my old school philosophy of give the rookie a year before you throw him in the flames is not popular but... I still like it. : )

I am also in the camp that Bradford is not elite yet. May never be... but I don't see how anyone that thinks Kurt Warner is elite can shut the book so quickly on Bradford.