Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Bradford

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Re: Bradford

Quote Originally Posted by rammmm View Post
    We have all seen him under throw and over throw OPEN receivers on deep passes. Plain and simple, he is inaccurate on deep passes. Sure, he throw the slant or the "sit down in the middle" 15 yarder but other than that I'm truly not impressed. Now that I've stated that, Yes, he could be worse.
    You know, you have a point. I've never seen a great QB overthrow or underthrow a receiver before. Sam is the first to do it. He has elevated the game to a new level of awful. Cut this guy now.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

We have all seen him under throw and over throw OPEN receivers on deep passes. Plain and simple, he is inaccurate on deep passes. Sure, he throw the slant or the "sit down in the middle" 15 yarder but other than that I'm truly not impressed. Now that I've stated that, Yes, he could be worse.
    Let's see what the numbers look like:

Sam Bradford: Passes of 30+ yards (2012)

Attempts: 10
    Completions: 5
    Yards: 246
    TDs: 2
    Ints: 0
    Passer Rating: 135.4

Not so "plain and simple," is it?

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Two types of people in this world:

1. People that want to replace a QB after 2.5 years because he hasn't me their expectations.
    2. People who understand the game.
    My point was never that Bradford couldn't or can't get the job done. He can. Replace him? No. I just don't think he should be referred to as elite. He's average like the majority of QBs in the league.

I don't recall anyone saying he has reached elite status.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

We have all seen him under throw and over throw OPEN receivers on deep passes. Plain and simple, he is inaccurate on deep passes.
    Not true. I'm not sure what games you've been watching, but Bradford has thrown plenty of picture perfect deep balls.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    My point was never that Bradford couldn't or can't get the job done. He can. Replace him? No. I just don't think he should be referred to as elite. He's average like the majority of QBs in the league.
    No one has said he is elite... BUT he has the skills sets to become elite. You can refer to him as average if you want. There are a lot of average QB that have maxed out at just average. Bradford is just getting started with huge upside. I have watched every Rams game he has played in and I can't count the number of times during the games when the announcers have said "and that's why he was the first pick."

It's easy to point out that he has does not have off the chart numbers. But go find games where he has had 5 INT's like Romo has had. How about the melt down Rivers just had in Monday night football two weeks ago. Sam has been very efficient
    even with all the changes and different player he has played with.

You say he's average, well what he has done so far is above average if you follow what he has done.

In his first eight games he scored eleven TDs, which tied an NFL record—held by Dan Marino (1983), Peyton Manning (1998), and Ben Roethlisberger (2004)—for over that span by a rookie since the AFL–NFL merger in 1970
    Bradford went 3-2 as a starter in October, passing for 1019 yards and 7 TDs against 3 INTs. He was named the NFL's offensive rookie of the month.

During October and November, he established a record for most consecutive passes without an interception for a rookie 169
    Bradford became the first rookie in NFL history to pass for at least 300 yards and three touchdowns with no interceptions during a road victory.[68] He capped November by becoming the first rookie QB to win two consecutive Offensive Rookie of the Month awards.
    On December 26, Bradford surpassed Peyton Manning's record for most completed passes by an NFL rookie quarterback (326). Bradford finished the season with 354 completions out of 590 attempts, surpassing Manning's record of 575 for most attempts by an NFL rookie quarterback. Bradford became just the third rookie quarterback to start all 16 regular season games and pass over 3000 passing yards, joining Peyton Manning and Matt Ryan.[69
    That's just a few of the things he has already done and if you noticed the names of the players record he tied or broke they are ELITE.

The majority of the average QB's in the league did not get drafted number one and then put up numbers like this.
    Last edited by Rambos; -10-23-2012 at 01:06 PM.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

People remember what they want... Lol, REALITY is there where MORE than a handful of people saying Sam is an elite qb. Not in this thread but do a search and you'll see.

No one ever said replace Sam. Stop twisting words and deal with REALITY!!

Sam does miss alot of deep balls... When was the last time you seen him hit a fade in the back of the endzone? I dont think he ever has completed one. Now REALITY is Sam has been better this year with the deep ball. Yet he still overthrows or underthrows on occassionally, just like any other qb.

And i dont blame Sam from locking on to 1 reciever either, lol after 2years of EVERYONE not named amendola dropping passes, id be frustrated too. Everytime same drops back to pass, im always worried about him gettint sacked, and if he throws a deep ball i worry it wont connect. In the past, with Bulger, i worried about him throwing an int, lol. Ill take Sam anyday!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    People remember what they want... Lol, REALITY is there where MORE than a handful of people saying Sam is an elite qb. Not in this thread but do a search and you'll see.
    This is becoming a trend for the Bradford critics... making broad, sweeping, conclusory statements with absolutely no supporting facts.

I have not seen one post on this board (or elsewhere) in which someone has asserted that Bradford has reached an elite level. So, in essence, you're arguing with a strawman who does not exist.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't recall anyone saying Bradford IS an elite NFL QB. Since there are more than a handful of examples, maybe you can provide a quote to support your claim.

Sam does miss alot of deep balls... When was the last time you seen him hit a fade in the back of the endzone? I dont think he ever has completed one. Now REALITY is Sam has been better this year with the deep ball. Yet he still overthrows or underthrows on occassionally, just like any other qb.

And i dont blame Sam from locking on to 1 reciever either, lol after 2years of EVERYONE not named amendola dropping passes, id be frustrated too. Everytime same drops back to pass, im always worried about him gettint sacked, and if he throws a deep ball i worry it wont connect. In the past, with Bulger, i worried about him throwing an int, lol. Ill take Sam anyday!!

I would say Sunday to Pettis... I also would say that a fade route is a deep ball. Do you consider a fade route in the red zone a deep ball?

Here is a deep ball....

Funny now that we have a WR that can get behind someone Sam can throw the deep ball.

Another

Now you post all the WR he is missing deep.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

I see what i see and you see what you see. And when i said a fade in back of the endzone i mean a jump ball or perfectly placed ball in the corner of the endzone, in the redzone.

I'm very upset that Sam has never thrown a 50 yard flea-flicker outdoors in December with snow in the forecast in the fourth quarter of a night game.
    Nick likes this.

I see what i see and you see what you see.
    We still haven't seen you back up your argument that "more than a handful" here have said Bradford was elite. Should I go ahead and exhale??

You also said Bradford was inaccurate on deep passes, "plain and simple". Do you still see that as well?

Sounds to me like you see what you want to see.
    ramsbruce likes this.