Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Bradford

svh01 is offline Registered User

Re: Bradford

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    There are what, maybe 4 or 5 QB's in the NFL you can really say that about with any confidence, and you're holding Bradford to that same standard at this point in his career with what he has around him?

Guys like Drew Brees, Eli Manning, and Aaron Rodgers all needed a few years to become that type of player, so I wouldn't write off Bradford just yet.

The "it" factor may be innate, but that doesn't mean it's going to immediately manifest itself regardless of circumstances.
    Again, it's not about "what he has around him" and nor I'm holding Sam to those 4 or 5 QB's performance. It's the about the swagger/confidence that those QB's exude and have pretty much ALWAYS exuded. If Sam has that in him, I haven't seen it. For the last time, SAM IS VERY TALENTED, HE IS VERY CAPABLE OF BEING A TOP TEN TALENT. I LIKE HIM AS OUR QB.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by svh01 View Post
    Again, it's not about "what he has around him" and nor I'm holding Sam to those 4 or 5 QB's performance. It's the about the swagger/confidence that those QB's exude and have pretty much ALWAYS exuded. If Sam has that in him, I haven't seen it. For the last time, SAM IS VERY TALENTED, HE IS VERY CAPABLE OF BEING A TOP TEN TALENT. I LIKE HIM AS OUR QB.
    We're not talking about whether you like Bradford or not, we're talking about special qualities some QB's have. I think Bradford has it, you don't. IMO, a guy that has a great rookie season, then falls on hard times his second year, then comes back to show improvement and confidence, has something special. He could have easilty let it get in his head, and continue to regress like so many other highly touted QB's, but he's done the opposite. He fought through it, and continues to improve, despite a less than stellar supporting cast.

Again, I disagree that certain players who have the "swagger" you talk about, always have it from day one. I watched every game Drew Brees played in San Diego, and he did not have the ability to carry the Chargers on his back the first few years he was is the league. He worked, learned, and developed into that kind of player. IMO, Bradford is well on his way to doing the same.

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by svh01 View Post
    Some would say Ryan Leaf, Jeff George, Brady Quinn, and Tim Tebow have Swagger.

All this swagger talk is an attempt of throwing sh&@* on the wall and seeing what sticks cause they have nothing.

Bradford has all the tools and when he and the players get more comfortable in the system along with more talent the RAMS offensive unit will continue to improve.

Not going to happen overnight nor do I want it tooo. Us Rams fan want to see this process develop so it will stick for awhile instead of a flash in the pan.

Go Rams
    HUbison and clarasDK like this.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Now what do you all have to say about my assesment of Bradford? Where are all the comments now? I don't know how you fix this but I liked the play of Bulger way better. Not even close. Bulger didn't have a line either.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    Now what do you all have to say about my assesment of Bradford? Where are all the comments now? I don't know how you fix this but I liked the play of Bulger way better. Not even close. Bulger didn't have a line either.
    I still have every faith in Bradford. Once we get Saffold and Wells back, he'll have a fair shot to produce.

Bulger had a great line early in his career, and he produced big time. When the line fell apart in his last few years, we all saw what happened.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Now what do you all have to say about my assesment of Bradford?
    I'd say you're still wrong. You do understand that Sam does not play defense, right?
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -10-29-2012 at 02:23 PM.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Sam doesn't play defense does he? I'm also pretty sure he cannot make his own blocks and catch his own passes. This is a team sport isn't it? Bulger played with some potential hall of famers when he had his numbers. When they left Bulger was awful.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I'd say you're still wrong. You do understand that Sam does not play defense, right?
    Listen I like Bradford I think he's a standup guy, however I don't think he gives us the best chance to win. Secondly you do realize whoever the QB is, they have the ball in their hands more than 50 percent of the time. Bradfords main problem is he holds on to the ball to long, which says to me he's not making the reads. Hit your check down if the play is not available. His clock is way off.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Listen I like Bradford I think he's a standup guy, however I don't think he gives us the best chance to win. Secondly you do realize whoever the QB is, they have the ball in their hands more than 50 percent of the time. Bradfords main problem is he holds on to the ball to long, which says to me he's not making the reads. Hit your check down if the play is not available. His clock is way off.
    I believe the problem there is that there's no check down guy. Everyone is being kept in to block and he's still getting knocked around. We end up sending 2-3 receivers who cant get open down the field. I will say he tends to stare down guys though.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I don't agree with you. Have a nice day.

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

Question, who do you think gives us a better chance? You saying we should go for a QB in the upcoming draft?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Bradfords main problem is he holds on to the ball to long, which says to me he's not making the reads.
    And what that says to the rest of the world is that his receivers are getting no separation.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Rambos is offline Registered User

Bradfords main problem is he holds on to the ball to long, which says to me he's not making the reads.
    Phil Simms called the last game and said, Sam does a nice job of holding the ball trying to give his receivers a chance to get open. He said it like, man this guys is risking his neck to help these slow receiver get open. Not like he can't get through his progressions and does not know where to go with the ball.

Think about it do you really think Sam is lost out there and just does not know where to go with the ball?
    Last edited by Rambos; -10-30-2012 at 10:44 AM.
    r8rh8rmike likes this.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Bradford

Phil Simms would know how the progression of a qb... I truly believe this is not a Bradford problem...

macrammer is offline Registered User

This team id fraught with so many short comings ......Bradford is the least of the issues.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789