Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By AlphaRam

Thread: Bradford In Boot As Precaution

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Bradford In Boot As Precaution

Bradford in boot as precaution

BY KATHLEEN NELSON
    Monday, November 7, 2011

The Rams' injury report has grown following the 19-13 overtime loss to the Arizona Cardinals.

Quarterback Sam Bradford was wearing a boot as a precaution to stabilize and rest his sprained ankle. Coach Steve Spagnuolo said Bradford's participation in practice Wednesday would depend on how the left ankle responds to treatment. He called Bradford's performance Sunday "admirable" and said he "showed tremendous courage," completing 23 of 36 passes for 255 yards.

Wide receiver Greg Salas (broken fibula) will have surgery scheduled soon and is out for the seasonn.

An MRI revealed a mid-foot strain on tight end Lance Kendricks, suffered in the first half Sunday. He is listed as day to day.

Safety Darian Stewart could have an MRI on his ankle Tuesday if it does not feel better.

Linebacker Josh Hull underwent an MRI on his hamstring, which revealed no serious injury. He was injured in the first half Sunday and did not return. He was listed as day to day.

Also listed as day to day are wide receiver Brandon Gibson (thigh), running back Jerious Norwood (hamstring), defensive end Eugene Sims (shoulder) and defensive tackle Gary Gibson (hip).

Wide receiver Danario Alexander (hamstring) will be evaluated Tuesday before he is cleared to practice Wednesday.

Defensive tackle Darell Scott (concussion) has progressed through rehab and could be ready for contact drills Wednesday.

Progress has been slower for offensive tackle Jason Smith (neck, concussion), who has not undergone a baseline test yet and won't return to practice Wednesday.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Bradford In Boot As Precaution

Bradford should not have been in that game - period. He could not throw a long ball off of that ankle...which the defense picked up on early in the game.
    RamDez, RealRam and r8rh8rmike like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

I rlly hope that its just precaution and not that he re injured it...:/ god when it rains it pours.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Spags has got nothing but compliments for his players. I wonder what he thinks of the job he's doing.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    Bradford should not have been in that game - period. He could not throw a long ball off of that ankle...which the defense picked up on early in the game.
    Good point. Bradford did not look to be at full strength all day and his long ball was Feeley-like most of the game. I'm hoping he and the coaches are all on the same page with whatever limitations the ankle is putting on his effectiveness.

RealRam is online now Registered User

Bradford should not have been in that game - period. He could not throw a long ball off of that ankle...which the defense picked up on early in the game. -- AlphaRam
    Yes, totally agree. Since yesterday I've seen a few comments in this direction. Someone else and I had also posted that if SB did not practice last week, the logical starter selection should have been Feeley.

But coaches usually know better than we do[?]...

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Courage and admirable don't win games! Our offense scored 9 points...that's called admirable? Not in my book!