Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Bradford, Brees and Aikman first 2 FULL seasons

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Bradford, Brees and Aikman first 2 FULL seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I see the point this thread is trying to get at, but I really don't know what to make of it. Having comparable numbers to Brees and Aikman doesn't guarantee Bradford is going to become a great one, just like having comparable numbers to Carr or Leinart doesn't guarantee Bradford is going to bust out. I agree that it's way too soon to move on from Sam, but I don't think comparing him to other quarterbacks is the best way to make that argument. There are just as many if not more quarterbacks who started poorly and stayed poor as those who started poorly but rebounded, so the point could be made either way by either side. Ultimately, it will be up to Sam and the Rams to maximize his ability to succeed. Only they - not other players and their historical numbers - will have an actual impact on Sam's career.
    An impact on Sam's career? No, of course not.

But what I think the OP was really trying to do is not show Sam's inevitable path, but rather the foolishness of concluding necessarily that a QB with two starting seasons such as Bradford's will never produce at high levels. The names mentioned are mere historical markers of that fact.
    DE_Ramfan likes this.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RuffRams is offline Registered User

I don't understand why people don't want Bradford. Sure, he isn't looking good as last year. But come on, this year was a bust from all angles. No WR, or OL stepping up and helping. Lloyd coming in just in time when Bradford got injured. I still believe in Bradford if not Franchise, atleast as the QB that we should still put our faith in for next 1or2 years. This guy has a lot of potential, he is no where close to a bust.

In my mind, if we build the right weapons around him. I think he will easily be Top 5 maybe even top 3 QB in the league for years to come.

Sammy Ocho Bradford is offline Registered User

It's difficult to do these comparisons, particularly because statistics are skewed recently. The measurement standards have changed.

Every rule is geared towards the offenses and quarterbacks, beginning around 2005 with the reinforcement of the 5 yard contact rule.

If anything as fans this entire season has to be a tossed because we have no way of evaluating Bradford.

The only people who know where he stands is those in the organization who've seen him in on a daily basis.

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    Wonder how many sacks did those two QBs took their first two seasons? Hope it's similar to Bradfords because it's a scary thought seeing him walk the path to David Carr.
    Aikman: 58 sacks
    Brees: 45 sacks
    Bradford: 70 sacks
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123