• 4 Post By Rambos
  • 5 Post By MauiRam
  • 4 Post By berg8309
  • 1 Post By shower beers
  • 1 Post By Curly Horns

Thread: Bradford can breath easy; Jacksonville hire Gus Bradley

Rammed is offline Registered User

Bradford can breath easy; Jacksonville hire Gus Bradley

Adam Schefter: Filed to ESPN: Former Seahawks DC Gus Bradley has accepted the head coaching job with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

I guess that means Shotty stays as this was his only rumored landing spot. Continuity at last?
    Last edited by Rammed; -01-17-2013 at 09:00 AM.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Re: Bradford can breath easy; Jacksonville hire Gus Bradley

Finally, hopefully we can see some real improvement now that half of training camp won't be spent learning a new system.

Rambos is offline Registered User

First good news in this off season.

clarasDK is offline Registered User

Very good

I was not a fan of Shotty when we hired him, but I think he did ok in his first year. But first and formost having the same OC for two years in a row should do wonders for Bradford and the rest of our offence!

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Ha! Guys smarter than some give him credit for. Would've been a step back imo. MAJOR problems in Jax. Won't end well for this Gus guy ....
    If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Hags lost their D coordinator so it's even better!

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I mentioned in another thread, that Schotty surely realizes he is in a great situation in St. Louis. Jeff Fisher commands respect as a head coach among his peers in the league, among NFL players, and owners alike. He is also known to let his coaches "coach" - he's apparently not a micromanager like Spags and Linehan. The opportunity to work under a proven head coach with total control over all things football, (thank you Stan!) will further hone and prepare Brian S. when a bonafide head coaching opportunity arises. Working for an owner like Jerry Jones or the late Al Davis can set back a head coach's career.

I believe Schotty knows he's in a great environment at present, and can learn a great deal from Jeff. The "seasoning" he'll acquire working under Fish will add significant weight his resume as his interview opportunities eventually arrive. He'll also probably learn a thing or two about interviewing the "suitors/owners/general managers himself, as it is a two way street, being a marriage of sorts ..

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    I mentioned in another thread, that Schotty surely realizes he is in a great situation in St. Louis. Jeff Fisher commands respect as a head coach among his peers in the league, among NFL players, and owners alike. He is also known to let his coaches "coach" - he's apparently not a micromanager like Spags and Linehan. The opportunity to work under a proven head coach with total control over all things football, (thank you Stan!) will further hone and prepare Brian S. when a bonafide head coaching opportunity arises. Working for an owner like Jerry Jones or the late Al Davis can set back a head coach's career.

I believe Schotty knows he's in a great environment at present, and can learn a great deal from Jeff. The "seasoning" he'll acquire working under Fish will add significant weight his resume as his interview opportunities eventually arrive. He'll also probably learn a thing or two about interviewing the "suitors/owners/general managers himself, as it is a two way street, being a marriage of sorts ..
    Just to add to the "great environment" I'm sure Shotty also realizes you often get one chance at being a head coach, and he's young, so there is no reason to jump into a bad situation and kill your chances at a long-time head coaching career by entering a no-win situation. The Jags would be one of those no-win situations. Sure he interviewed, it's good practice, but I'm sure he knew it was better to stay with the Rams and wait for a better opportunity.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    Just to add to the "great environment" I'm sure Shotty also realizes you often get one chance at being a head coach, and he's young, so there is no reason to jump into a bad situation and kill your chances at a long-time head coaching career by entering a no-win situation. The Jags would be one of those no-win situations. Sure he interviewed, it's good practice, but I'm sure he knew it was better to stay with the Rams and wait for a better opportunity.

Great point. Just look at Lovie Smith and Ken Whisenhunt this year. I would consider both to be above average coaches in the league.
    bradwill likes this.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Hags lost their D coordinator so it's even better!
    Yeah that's one of the best things about this!

If only Az would have hired the hags OC. Damn I was hoping they'd lose both. Stupid move IMO on the part of the cards. They hired a coordinator anyways. But to have the hags OC would have set back a division opponent while gaining them insight of that same opponent.
    Rambos likes this.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Thank god Sam couldnt afford to have Schotty leave,say what you want about him but Sam needs some consistency.

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

Glad to see him staying, now Bradford and the entire offense can continue off what they've built and run an efficient offense. One thing Schotty does need to improve on is when to play fancy with his playcalling, sometimes he overthinks that it leads to mistakes by the players. I believe he'll adjust being under a great HC like Fisher.