Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Trevor

Thread: Bradford Doubtful - Very Doubtful - For Steelers

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Bradford Doubtful - Very Doubtful - For Steelers

Bradford doubtful — very doubtful — for Steelers

BY JIM THOMAS
    Thursday, December 22, 2011

Despite Sam Bradford's desire to play on a high ankle sprain, to no one's surprise it looks like Kellen Clemens will make his second consecutive start at quarterback when the Rams play Saturday in Pittsburgh.

Bradford did not practice again on Thursday, and coach Steve Spagnuolo said it's unlikely Bradford will test the ankle during Friday's walk-through before leaving for Pittsburgh.

"Obviously, his status will be doubtful," Spagnuolo said following Thursday's practice at Rams Park. "Now, he might come in and grab me by the throat and threaten to play, but I don't think he'll do that."

Clemens once again worked with the starting offense in practice. A.J. Feeley (thumb) didn't practice and will miss Saturday's game as well, meaning the Rams will dress Clemens and Tom Brandstater at quarterback against the Steelers.

The only other player who didn't practice Thursday besides Bradford and Feeley was cornerback Justin King, who's probably out for the season with a shoulder injury.

***Spagnuolo said the team won't fill the roster spot this week created by the suspension of wide receiver Austin Pettis for violating NFL policy on performance-enhancing drugs. "Possibly next week," he said.

***Cornerback Josh Gordy (oblique muscle) returned to practice Thursday, but is not 100 percent. Because of King's injury, the Rams have only Rod Hood, Gordy, Chris Smith and Nate Ness available at corner.

Trevor is offline Registered User

Re: Bradford Doubtful - Very Doubtful - For Steelers

This was supposed to be my first Rams game ever. I sold my tickets a couple weeks ago.. Didn't feel like getting laughed at by Steelers fans. Such a disappointing season.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Only positive out of this season is that Justin King is done for the season.He is terrible and needs to be off this team he cant cover a piece of paper.And be4 any1 says it im not happy he is hurt im just happy that the end result is he isnt playing,if coaches had a brain they would of made this choice on there own and wouldnt of left it up to an injury.Again not happy he got injured sorry for him but happy that hes out of the lineup lol.I know we got some sensitive people on here who might take my statement wrong and think i want players to get hurt/fired.Its just business and this plays to our favor honestly.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Clemens had some good moments last week, I'm interested in seeing how he can play against a very good defense after another week of preparation. He could already be fighting for that backup spot next year.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Well I'm here and anxiously awaiting an entertaining game, that's for sure!
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood