Bradford, Feeley still on the shelf
Share | .StoryDiscussionBradford, Feeley still on the shelf
BY JEFF GORDON STLtoday.com | Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 2:38 pm |

...Rams quarterback Kellen Clemens was working with the No. 1 offense this afternoon while Sam Bradford and A.J. Feeley were relegated to conditioning work on the side.

Feeley’s broken thumb is preventing him from practice. Bradford tested his ankle Monday and Tuesday, but didn’t show enough strength and mobility to gain medical clearance to practice today.

Bradford still hopes to practice later this week and play in the season finale Sunday – but it doesn’t appear his injury is making any real progress.

“It just hasn’t reacted,” coach Steve Spagnuolo said. “We’re still optimistic that maybe we can get it there. It’s only Wednesday and the game is Sunday.”

Linebacker Brady Poppinga missed practice due to illness. Defensive tackle Fred Robbins was a limited participant due to illness. Cornerback Josh Gordy (oblique) and defensive end Chis Long (ankle) were limited participants.

Cornerback Justin King is headed for surgical repairs, but the team still hasn't put him on injured reserve to clear a roster spot. That could change this week if general manager Billy Devaney can locate another player capable of helping the team Sunday.

Spagnuolo was pleased that Long, middle linebacker James Laurinaitis and running back Steven Jackson were named alternates for the Pro Bowl.

“To me, if you get recognized in this league at all in the conversation of Pro Bowl, I think it’s something we all ought to be proud of,” Spagnuolo said. “I don’t think it’s not over yet. We’re going to be optimistic and see if one, two or three of those guys end up in it.”