MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Bradford grows more confident in Rams' offense ..

By Bill Coats
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    06/18/2010

Although no team scored fewer points last season than the Rams, rookie quarterback Sam Bradford likes the current unit's possibilities.

"I think this offense has great potential, and I feel like we've gotten better every practice," Bradford said Thursday at the conclusion of organized team activities at Rams Park. "One thing I can attest to is a great attitude. Everyone comes ready to work. When we go to meetings, everyone's positive. When we come on the field, everyone's excited to be here. "I think there's a lot of talent, and I think we're going in the right direction."

Bradford, the No. 1 overall selection in April's NFL draft, spent most of his time with the second and third units, although he did take some snaps with the first team. It was a crash course for the 2008 Heisman Trophy winner, as the Rams ventured substantially deeper into the playbook than they did last spring. Still, Bradford said he never felt overwhelmed.

"I feel good with everything we have in right now," he said. "Obviously, having 13 or 14 practices and the minicamps, I've gotten a lot of reps, I've gotten a lot of experience with the plays."

Bradford said he'd continued to improve in "the little things: using different cadences, coming out of the huddle, identifying the (middle linebacker), reading coverages ... just everything. As soon as those things can become second nature, the easier it's going to be to really start getting into everything else."

The rookies have another week of conditioning and meetings before they get a break that Bradford is relishing.

"It'll be nice to just slow things down a little bit, be able to look at film in a little more detail, get in the playbook, and just talk through some things," he said. "The more I study, the more comfortable I'll become."

CONTRACT TALKS

Bradford soon will become a multimillionaire. Yet he insists he's not worried about contract negotiations with the Rams.

"You probably know more about it than I do," he said. "I haven't even talked to my agent (St. Louis-based Tom Condon) about it. I'm not concerned about it. That's why I hired an agent, and I think he's very good at what he does.

"I'm sure he and the Rams will come to an agreement before training camp. I expect to be here on time."

RAM-BLINGS

Wide receiver Brandon Gibson sat out Thursday after aggravating a hamstring injury that had kept him on the sideline for several previous practices. ... Running back Steven Jackson, still mending from back surgery, is in South Africa and planning to attend today's World Cup match between the United States and Slovenia

USMCRamFan Guest

Re: Bradford grows more confident in Rams' offense ..

Can't wait to the day we ink this guy. He's going to be a very good pro in my eyes. And that Steven Jackson has the nerve to go to the WorldCup... what a slacker!

p.s. I only say that about SJ since he didnt take me and I wanted to go with

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Wonder what Jax thought about the US getting jobbed by the ref.
    I believe!

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Wonder what Jax thought about the US getting jobbed by the ref.
    He ran down to the field and trucked the Ref.

USMCRamFan Guest

lol and then did the dice rolling celebration on top of him with his hat.