Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Bradford hopes still-painful ankle will be 100% for training camp

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Re: Bradford hopes still-painful ankle will be 100% for training camp

I wish he didn't play hurt. I said it then, the season was done anyway. He should have taken rest and let that ankle heal. I have had a high ankle sprain before in my b-ball days. I couldn't even walk for atleast 2 weeks, he went out there and played. Not worth it cause if it re aggravates, it will take longer to heal.

A little worried like you guys, but I think he will be good to go for the season.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Just curious: How long do these types of injuries -- ankle sprain -- take to fully heal for an NFL QB? Especially when having a full off-season to rest / care for it. That is, to be back to 100%?

And no, I also do not question Bradford's toughness.
    High ankle sprains can be tricky beasts when it comes to professional athletes. My understanding is that some can take a few weeks to heal, some can take half a year. Even if you start counting from the December setback that Sam suffered and not from the date of the original injury, we're at the seven month mark, which is on the longer side to say the least.

I don't think anyone can question Bradford's toughness at this point; he's taken a beating over the course of two seasons for the Rams and played through pain and injuries. But I do wonder what impact if any the significance of this injury and the time it's taking to heal may have on the context of the durability debates that took place when he came out of Oklahoma.

Needless to say, let's hope that in the month since this quote, Bradford's ankle has reached the 100% mark and he's ready to roll.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

I didn't know high ankle sprains could take so long to heal. This kinda has me worried because we still don't know how well Bradford will be protected. Also, all it takes is that one bad sack and he can end up limping.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    I have had a high ankle sprain before in my b-ball days. I couldn't even walk for atleast 2 weeks, he went out there and played. Not worth it cause if it re aggravates, it will take longer to heal.
    I also severely sprained my ankle playing pickup basketball back in college. Like you, I could not put any weight on it for a little over a week and actually had to use a wheelchair to get to the campus health center. The doctors who treated me said sprains can often take longer to heal than breaks. They were right. It took over a year for me to get back to 100%. The right ankle I sprained is still noticeably larger than my left, over 30 years later.

I'm REALLY hoping Bradford can tell the world he's 100% when training camp opens. It's critical he be ready physically, as well as mentally.
    RealRam likes this.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by J-RodRamFan View Post
    I didn't know high ankle sprains could take so long to heal. This kinda has me worried because we still don't know how well Bradford will be protected. Also, all it takes is that one bad sack and he can end up limping.
    Yikes... That ankle will have to be / must be at 112% in order to go through 2012!

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

I mean not to pour it on Spags/Devaney/McD or anyone, but what they did last season was a joke. Any coach who felt comfortable in their position would have never let their franchise player go out there and play and risk further injury that could deter his career. These three men didn't care one iota about Sam's health and let him play because they thought he gave them the best chance to win and thats what these three men needed to keep jobs. Now we as fans sit here in July and our franchise quarterback is still not 100%.

Thanks guys..

mh-i is offline Registered User

It sounds more and more like an ongoing issue. Next we'll be hearing about a cleanout surgery.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

I cant believe its still bothering him,this has me slightly concerned because it shouldnt take this long to fully heal.Also if it still really gives him pain who made the decision to let him play some games on it last season??SOmeone dropped the ball on that big time,but seriously Sam get that ankle healthy we need you 200% ready for this season.
    Last edited by Nick; -07-17-2012 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Removing language

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12