Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Varg6

Thread: Bradford Increases Workload

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Bradford Increases Workload

Bradford increases workload

BY KATHLEEN NELSON
    Thursday, November 10, 2011

Quarterback Sam Bradford increased his workload Thursday, sharing snaps on the first unit with A.J. Feeley in preparation for Sunday's game in Cleveland against the Browns.

Coach Steve Spagnuolo declared Bradford's performance "pretty good. Got more reps today than he did yesterday and certainly more than he had last Thrusday. And yet, we try not to give them all to him because the more you put on him, then you're going backwards a little bit. I think he's progressing pretty good. He's a tough guy."

Defensive tackle Darell Scott also increased his workload in his rehab from a concussion suffered October 23. After participating in conditioning drills Wednesday, Scott was cleared for contact. The team practiced in shells, though, meaning contact was limited Thursday. Yet Scott could be ready to play Sunday, as could fellow DT Gary Gibson, who has been nursing a sore hip since Sunday.

"I think we're over the hump. We might be good there," Spagnuolo said of Scott. "We'll have to decide who will be up."

Other players limited in practice Thursday were defensive end C.J. Ah You (ankle), linebackers Josh Hull (hamstring) and Bryan Kehl (ankle), defensive end Eugene Sims (shoulder), running back Steven Jackson (foot), safety Darian Stewart (ankle) and defensive end James Hall (knee).

Running back Jerious Norwood (hamstring), wide receiver Danario Alexander (hamstring) and tight end Lance Kendricks (foot) did not practice.

"It's coming. He got off the crutches but it will be a hard one to get to the game," Spagnuolo said of Kendricks.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Bradford Increases Workload

If Sam doesn't lead this team to at least ONE offensive touchdown--keep in mind, I'm not even asking Bradford to throw a damn TD--in this game, I'll be beyond livid. I know we have a ton of issues but winners find ways to win; to lead their offense, and so far Bradford hasn't shown that to me. Right now, I'm so disappointed with Bradford. I thought he was our savior--and he still may be--but as of right now he's been as much a part of the problem as the offensive line and every other negative aspect of this offense.

Sam, please, please, prove me wrong.
    RockinRam likes this.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    If Sam doesn't lead this team to at least ONE offensive touchdown--keep in mind, I'm not even asking Bradford to throw a damn TD--in this game, I'll be beyond livid. I know we have a ton of issues but winners find ways to win; to lead their offense, and so far Bradford hasn't shown that to me. Right now, I'm so disappointed with Bradford. I thought he was our savior--and he still may be--but as of right now he's been as much a part of the problem as the offensive line and every other negative aspect of this offense.

Im with you, trust me. I dont think Ive ever rooted more for a player, since when, the Rams drafted Sam Bradford.
    Bradford is the first overall QB drafted by the Rams since Ive supported this team, so Im bound to have big expectations.! What makes it more frustrating for me, is remembering last year. 18 TD's in Shurmurs West cost O. I had Sam pegged for 25 TD's this season, I was totally convinced of that.?
    The way it is at the moment, Ill be happy with just one TD from Sam. How has it got this bad, so fast, kind of still surprises me. What a difference a year can make in the NFL at the QB position.?
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -11-11-2011 at 12:39 PM.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Varg:

I think you have summed it up rather eloquently what a lot of us have been thinking. It is time for Mr. Bradford to start making plays and stop with the excuses and what not.

Winners make plays regardless of the issues that surround them.

Sheesh, the parallels between Brads and Marc Bulger are becoming more evident with every game. It is very scary and I hope we all can look back in the near future and breath a sigh of relief that it was not the case, but right now it ain't looking too good.

WHAT SAY YE?

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Varg:

I think you have summed it up rather eloquently what a lot of us have been thinking. It is time for Mr. Bradford to start making plays and stop with the excuses and what not.

Winners make plays regardless of the issues that surround them.

Sheesh, the parallels between Brads and Marc Bulger are becoming more evident with every game. It is very scary and I hope we all can look back in the near future and breath a sigh of relief that it was not the case, but right now it ain't looking too good.

WHAT SAY YE?
    He has not showed us fan's yet, that as the Rams QB. That he can take the game by the scruff of the neck, and WILL this team to victory. I dont think Im being unreasonable to expect this, from our franchise QB.! Just Do It

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Average players play as well as how the team plays. Great players elevate the play of everyone around them, and still have success even when everyone else sucks.

Bradford needs to show me he has the makings of an elite QB. He was the #1 overall pick, and was deemed the next best QB in the making. He has to make plays. He's not a Colt McCoy or a Troy Smith or a Javaris Jackson. He needs to start making plays.

Or else there really wasn't a reason to draft him in the first place.

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Lose Sunday.

We will rally around Braford and play .. hacky sack with his delicates.

mh-i is offline Registered User

One isn't enough but it's better than none I guess. He definitely hasn't progressed this season for whatever reason.